• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 _ayios_

_ayios_
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2009 - 08:30 PM

Hi guys,

Couple more questions!

Does the 9/76 LX SLR5000 have an internal or external regulator for the alternator?
Also where does the alternator adjusting brace bolt up to? One of the water pump bolts, or up to the timing cover with a spacer?

Posted Image

Cheers and thanks again!

#2 _hutch_

_hutch_
  • Guests

Posted 27 December 2009 - 09:55 PM

not 100 % sure but i think you got the adjuster in the right spot,as far as the internal/external reg goes i'm sure its internal,look at the alt wiring if you have 2 cables in a plug its external
Phillip

#3 robd74

robd74

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Name:Ben
  • Car:LC 2 Door & LX SL/R

Posted 28 December 2009 - 12:13 AM

Hi, I am 100% sure that internal regulators were fitted to LX's. I will have a look at my LX tomorrow and confirm the alternator bracket.

#4 76lxhatch

76lxhatch

That was easy!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,156 posts
  • Car:SS
Garage View Garage

Posted 28 December 2009 - 06:24 AM

That's where my bracket is but I couldn't guarantee its factory either. I had to trim the edge of it to clear the aftermarket balancer!

Oddly enough the parts manual doesn't show this, the page with the mounting brackets doesn't even label/reference the bottom bracket and only shows the alternator end of it...

#5 robd74

robd74

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 89 posts
  • Name:Ben
  • Car:LC 2 Door & LX SL/R

Posted 28 December 2009 - 09:22 AM

Hi, I am 100% sure that internal regulators were fitted to LX's. I will have a look at my LX tomorrow and confirm the alternator bracket.

I know it isn't an SL/R5000, but, I wouldn't think a 4.2L SL/R would be that different. Here are a couple of photo's of the 253 in my LX SL/R. The car is pretty much stock standard, and I have no reason to suspect that it didn't roll out of the factory like this. Hope this helps.

Attached Files

#6 _ayios_

_ayios_
  • Guests

Posted 28 December 2009 - 10:18 AM

Thanks for your help guys.

I am putting a car back together that someone else pulled apart...

Thanks again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users