REPRO XU1 guards, tanks etc

• Please log in to reply
118 replies to this topic

#51 _yldlj_

_yldlj_
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2010 - 07:59 PM

any chance of door pillers and wiper panels being made soon?

#52 _l31m21vd69_

_l31m21vd69_
  • Guests

Posted 21 May 2010 - 08:58 PM

these guys do a great job. everything is made with passion and has been tested for quality control

#53 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2010 - 05:33 PM

dont doubt that, but the price will hurt most people...

Considering the seller on ebay is waiting for them to be imported, from I assume China, $900 odd is a f'n rip off. Just buy one, find out the manufacturers details off the stickers etc. and contact them direct !! If the seller was reasonably intelligent, they would be sent direct from the manufacturer to save on postage/handling costs.

Edited by Skapinad, 22 May 2010 - 05:39 PM.

#54 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,522 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:73 LJ

Posted 22 May 2010 - 11:13 PM

Considering the seller on ebay is waiting for them to be imported, from I assume China, $900 odd is a f'n rip off. Just buy one, find out the manufacturers details off the stickers etc. and contact them direct !! If the seller was reasonably intelligent, they would be sent direct from the manufacturer to save on postage/handling costs.

I'm told (not confirmed though) it's the same Taiwanese company that makes the HQ-WB repro doors and mudguards etc (and panels for other brands/models) that don't fit properly. Hell they couldn't get the gills/vents/flutes or whatever you want to call them in the GTR guards correct the first time round so makes me wonder about the quality/fit of the rest of the guard.

$900.00 does seem a bit steep for a guard, however you have to consider that the expected market for LC-LJ GTR guards may not be as big as for panels for other models so production costs per unit would be higher which equates to higher retail prices. There are many other factors to add into the price calculation as well but not going to get into those ATM.

Maybe the only person/entity that can buy/import direct from the manufacturer is the one that organised the reproduction of these parts. A production contract of some sort to protect their investment???
Would seem logical that if you have gone to the great expense and effort to have a part reproduced, you wouldn't want anybody else being able to bypass you and buy it direct from that place that makes it for you.

#55 _lx5008_

_lx5008_
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2010 - 11:49 PM

the secret is that the manufacturer of the parts never knows what parts they are making. you never let them know what it is or what it fits. that way thay dont have a regesity of what they make.

#56 _BATHURST-32D_

_BATHURST-32D_
  • Guests

Posted 23 May 2010 - 08:23 AM

yldlj, the front scuttle panels will be here soon, i am working on a price list that will be in the forums favor, i am trying to do the best price i can why still not costing myself money, there will be items i can save you good money on like panels and bolt on parts,, but there will be items like fastners clips and rubbers that i cant save you money on.

lc/lj f-r bumpers there price 590.00 my price 450.00
lj xu1 tanks bare there price 599.00 my price 509.00
lj xu1 tanks complete there price 794.00 my price 664.00
lc/lj gutter mould sets there price 590.00 my price 500.00
lc/lj xu1 guards there price 990.00 my price 760.00

well fellars that is just a start of what i can save you,, i will not sell no part that i dont think is right in anyway and i will stir you all away from what i think is of no use, as you can see there are some good savings to be had, i will put there price list up once it is finalized, lets just hope you can ask me before you go buying from anyone else,,, as said there are thing i cant sell any cheaper than the seller but hey a couple of bucks is more we can spend on other things

ps i will only start selling the parts once most are in stock, so i would say from september on.unless you need asap.
cheers john

#57 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,522 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:73 LJ

Posted 23 May 2010 - 08:31 AM

Excellent pricing John, Those are some generous savings. :clappin:

#58 _BATHURST-32D_

_BATHURST-32D_
  • Guests

Posted 23 May 2010 - 09:52 AM

i can tell you all the lc/lj sills fit like a glove, i will let you know how the guards fit this week. i have been taking pics of my bathurst rebuild.

cheers gong

#59 _XU1-043_

_XU1-043_
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2010 - 05:18 PM

one thing i forgot to mention in my last post with the link for the ebay ad was that it also mentions that the brand new shells will be arriving soon, do you know much about these gong? do you know how they are numbered and is it going to be a problem getting them registered?

Craig

ps your pricings above a great and it's good to see someone trying to help people out instead being greedy. :spoton:

also do you have a price on the nose cones?

Edited by XU1-043, 26 May 2010 - 05:20 PM.

#60 _BATHURST-32D_

_BATHURST-32D_
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2010 - 06:02 PM

mate the new shells are still 2 mabe 3years away, the nose cones are to be here in july i think he said.
fellars the sooner i get more info i will put it up.

cheers gong

Edited by BATHURST-32D, 26 May 2010 - 06:04 PM.

#61 _gtr-xu1_

_gtr-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 30 May 2010 - 05:27 PM

the people getting the panels made own the molds and have exclusive rights on them, and are ordering them by the container loads. and there not from china.

#62 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 30 May 2010 - 05:47 PM

yeah ok.. so where are they coming from ??? I still reckon you will get both sides for the price of one in 6-9 months time.

#63 _2runa_

_2runa_
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2010 - 01:21 AM

"it also mentions that the brand new shells will be arriving soon, do you know much about these gong? do you know how they are numbered and is it going to be a problem getting them registered?
Craig

When I Questioned the add that suggests that the New shells will be available very soon, to which he confirmed that they will be here soon :dontknow:
It appears the there are two suppliers ..... Am I correct in saying this??? Because one supplier says everything is as per original which I believe is correct and the other suggest that the material is 20% thicker, Can any one confirm this???

I do believe Gong is worth supporting when it comes to purchasing any panels that you require as his prices are hard to beat.

#64 _1tuff383_

_1tuff383_
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2010 - 02:28 AM

Gday Gong,

do you have a price for the lower front valance panel for an LJ?

#65 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 18 June 2010 - 07:54 PM

and the discounting begins.....

http://cgi.ebay.com....=item19bd242c6c

#66 _XU1-043_

_XU1-043_
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2010 - 05:58 PM

and the discounting begins.....

http://cgi.ebay.com....=item19bd242c6c

still not at cheap as Gongs price though. :clappin:

#67 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2010 - 07:30 PM

give it time...

#68 _TJ308_

_TJ308_
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2010 - 12:36 AM

If i was chasing stuff id still rather Give it to a forum member Gong what stuff u carry? i need a Wiring kit for my LH V8 conversion and other stuff send me a pm if ya can help me out other wise rare spares it is

#69 _BATHURST-32D_

_BATHURST-32D_
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2010 - 08:10 AM

i can supply all panels once thay become avalible,, and at a better price than once fist given by me, the best thing you can do is if you are chasing a part call or pm me first, i want be selling rubbers or i dont get wiring so sorry i cant help there.

skap,, them guards are 1.790 buy now plus 110 postage so thay are still 1900 bills
beleave it or not, im only tryin to save you the forum some coin, and am hoping it will save alot more of these cars.

i will post some more prices once i have finished striking a deal with paul.

cheers gong

Edited by BATHURST-32D, 20 June 2010 - 08:21 AM.

#70 _BATHURST-32D_

_BATHURST-32D_
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2010 - 08:27 AM

xu1-043 would that be lc or lj mate.

cheers gong

#71 enderwigginau

enderwigginau

Admin Wrangler

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000,527 posts
  • Name:Grant
  • Car:76 LX Sedan, 4 seater

Posted 20 June 2010 - 09:49 AM

He ha an LJ I believe.

#72 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2010 - 01:55 PM

hey gong, yeah I know you are trying to save us some coin and you will certainly be my first port of call if or when I need some of these parts....

I am merely pointing out that there seems to be a large number of sellers starting to get these bits in stock, which is only gonna help us out more as they start discounting to snare a bigger portion of the market...

#73 _BATHURST-32D_

_BATHURST-32D_
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2010 - 06:16 PM

yeh thanks for thant grant,, to easy skap, i will know more on my prices once the owner gets back to me, he has given me a list but the discounts he has given me are not right for the money im spending.

cheers gong

#74 _XU1-043_

_XU1-043_
  • Guests

Posted 25 June 2010 - 08:54 PM

xu1-043 would that be lc or lj mate.

cheers gong

LJ mate :rockon:

#75 _BATHURST-32D_

_BATHURST-32D_
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2010 - 07:42 AM

ok the shipment is here, i have gone out on a limb and spent alot of coin to help you the members of this forum,,, i can do nothing but say im sorry to you whom have already gone and spent your money on parts already,,,, i have put my self out there for you all and can only hope that you will come to me when parts are needed, i can say no more than the parts here are a perfect fit and i will stand buy a money back offer if not happy.

i only have a limited stock like 10 sets of or 10 of at one time as you could understand.

GUARDS 655.00 EACH
TANKS 415.00 EACH
SILLS 275.00 EACH
LC NOSE CONE 265.00 EACH
LJ NOSE CONE 275.00 EACH
BUMPERS 330.00 EACH
VALANCE PANEL 255.00 EACH
RADIATOR SUPPORT PANELS 405.00 EACH
INNER GUARDS 350.00 EACH
LJ BUMPER FILLER PANELS 135.00 EACH
SCUFF PLATES ZINC OR CROME 125.00 EACH

PLEASE NOTE
the cost of delivery or post is not inclueded in the price, i will leave that for you to arrange as you may be able to get it cheaper than me, but i will take the parts to any local depo.

cheers john gong
pm me no use calling as most times i cant get serves.

Edited by BATHURST-32D, 01 July 2010 - 07:46 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users