My newer Monaro

• Please log in to reply
529 replies to this topic

#451 _Ozzie Picker_

_Ozzie Picker_
  • Guests

Posted 02 September 2011 - 08:06 PM

cool thanks,
the yellow car is fairly standard,and the blue one modified.
i,m near tamworth.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#452 _jabba_

_jabba_
  • Guests

Posted 02 September 2011 - 08:08 PM

Wow, there beautiful. A mate of mine has a yellow monaro, looks identical to yours. How tough does the blue one look!

#453 _Ozzie Picker_

_Ozzie Picker_
  • Guests

Posted 02 September 2011 - 08:12 PM

thanks,

the poor blue fella has been sleeping for some years,kids have changed things and i havn,t been able to play with it,i use to drag down your way,bodangra airport,think thats sort of close to you.

#454 _jabba_

_jabba_
  • Guests

Posted 02 September 2011 - 08:13 PM

:(, wake it up!

Yeah bodangra is only 30mins from here :).

#455 _Ozzie Picker_

_Ozzie Picker_
  • Guests

Posted 02 September 2011 - 08:16 PM

ran some methonal through it on the june long weekend,got them out for the day.

does your friend with the yellow car have a blown fj ute

Edited by 73BATHXU1HTBATH350, 02 September 2011 - 08:17 PM.

#456 _jabba_

_jabba_
  • Guests

Posted 02 September 2011 - 08:17 PM

He (Andrew) used to have some sort of old pre kingswood holden. Cant remember what model it was but it was that pale green colour.

#457 _Ozzie Picker_

_Ozzie Picker_
  • Guests

Posted 02 September 2011 - 08:22 PM

don,t know andrew

i,m gonna keep a close eye on your build now,

very interested in your engine,and i better have a closer look at your injection ideas,

keep em coming,

cheers craig.

#458 _jabba_

_jabba_
  • Guests

Posted 03 September 2011 - 06:22 PM

Well today i managed to cut-out the 8 flanges and make them fit nicely. My mate decided that making them a press fit would be better than welding, as welding would probably warp the throttle bodies. Sorry no pics, my phone was flat :(. Its a start at least!

#459 Bart

Bart

Shit a brick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,559 posts
  • Car:LJ Torana

Posted 04 September 2011 - 09:46 PM

This is basically what you need.
The potentiometer the guy is turning is what�s needed to be connected to your throttle. As you press the throttle the potentiometer turns and moves the stepper in the direction needed then back again when you let go of the throttle.

Tilt the throttle

Edited by Bart, 04 September 2011 - 09:50 PM.

#460 _jabba_

_jabba_
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2011 - 09:52 PM

That could work but it would need to be faster... I've ordered a big servo from the states to test with, it can move like 90 degree's in under a second... 3 wires, pos/neg and pwm. Hopefully it will magically work when plugged into the megasquirt :). Once it arrives ill test it out with the celicas boost control circuit, or if the ms3 beats it ill use that for testing :).

#461 Bart

Bart

Shit a brick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,559 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 09:55 PM

That could work but it would need to be faster... I've ordered a big servo from the states to test with, it can move like 90 degree's in under a second... 3 wires, pos/neg and pwm. Hopefully it will magically work when plugged into the megasquirt :). Once it arrives ill test it out with the celicas boost control circuit, or if the ms3 beats it ill use that for testing :).

Faster wouldnt be a prob for these controllers

#462 _jabba_

_jabba_
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2011 - 09:58 PM

Ahh that would do it, responds fast too :). I really wouldn't want it operated by tp alone tho, it really needs to be set off rpm as well.

#463 _jabba_

_jabba_
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2011 - 10:04 PM

That will be a good backup plan if my servo experiment fails :D.

#464 Bart

Bart

Shit a brick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,559 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 10:08 PM

Ahh that would do it, responds fast too :). I really wouldn't want it operated by tp alone tho, it really needs to be set off rpm as well.

Yeah, the PWM input on the controller chip. I think the Tacho signal from the car ecu?? 5V square wave? can be used on the PWM input on the controller chip instead of using the POT. But thats going away from out of the box use for this controller but it can be done with R&D no doubt

Edited by Bart, 04 September 2011 - 10:09 PM.

#465 _jabba_

_jabba_
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2011 - 10:23 PM

Id rather more options than less :D. I need to find someone local that stocks aluminium, i need some to turn up new fuel rails. They are just hollow aluminium tube with an o-ring, very simple... I also need some 50-60mm aluminium pipe so i can start making the sliders for the velocity stacks. Know anywhere that sells the velocity stack ends for cheap? :P.

Edited by jabba, 04 September 2011 - 10:30 PM.

#466 Bart

Bart

Shit a brick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,559 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 10:29 PM

Id rather more options than less :D. I need to find someone local that stocks aluminium, i need some to turn up new fuel rails. They are just hollow aluminium tube with an o-ring, very simple... I also need some 50-60mm aluminium pipe so i can start making the sliders for the velocity stacks. Know anywhere that sells the velocity stack ends for cheap? :P.

Not cheap
http://www.efihardware.com/products/c165/Ram-Tubes-Inc-Base

#467 _jabba_

_jabba_
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2011 - 10:38 PM

http://www.xtremeaut...&idCategory=367

Bit cheaper, pitty i have to buy 8 :|.

ohh, wave tuning calculator
http://www.velocity-...calculator2.htm

Edited by jabba, 04 September 2011 - 10:44 PM.

#468 Bart

Bart

Shit a brick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,559 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 10:54 PM

http://www.s14.net/f...ead.php?t=50573

#469 _jabba_

_jabba_
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2011 - 10:59 PM

Interesting, look how much 3cm change in length moves the power around! Love seeing real results :). There was another thread i found that had v8 results with long and short stacks... can't find it now tho :(.

#470 Bart

Bart

Shit a brick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,559 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 11:05 PM

Interesting, look how much 3cm change in length moves the power around! Love seeing real results :). There was another thread i found that had v8 results with long and short stacks... can't find it now tho :(.

I think you will need some sort of O ring to seal the sliding tube, teflon O ring or similar

#471 _jabba_

_jabba_
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2011 - 11:07 PM

Yeah i was wondering if i would need to seal the two tubed together, or just keep the tolerances VERY tight. Hmmm teflon o-ring... google...

#472 Bart

Bart

Shit a brick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,559 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 11:20 AM

Yeah i was wondering if i would need to seal the two tubed together, or just keep the tolerances VERY tight. Hmmm teflon o-ring... google...

I think O rings would be good, I was thinking Teflon to reduce binding. The shower style injectors should provide some lubrication on the O rings also. Should be as slipery as a butchers prick! :3gears:

#473 _jabba_

_jabba_
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2011 - 01:49 AM

So the megasquirt kit turned up and after 7 hours of soldering i have this!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

My stimulator seems very inadequate these days, i can test a bunch of inputs but really can't test any outputs (other than the 2 injector outputs on the main board and the fidle output). Lets just assume ( :tongue: ) that the ms3x outputs just work, since it comes pre-assembled.

Edited by jabba, 11 September 2011 - 01:51 AM.

#474 Bart

Bart

Shit a brick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,559 posts

Posted 11 September 2011 - 03:16 PM

Wheres the steppers?

#475 _jabba_

_jabba_
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2011 - 10:50 PM

strippers, errr... here?

Oh steppers, the guy hasn't posted it yet... supposedly it will be posted on monday :(.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users