My newer Monaro

• Please log in to reply
529 replies to this topic

#476 _jabba_

_jabba_
  • Guests

Posted 10 September 2012 - 11:44 PM

Yes or no, i have the matching front seats (electric drivers). I have the rear trim that could be glassed in around the seats.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#477 76lxhatch

76lxhatch

That was easy!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,142 posts
  • Car:SS
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 September 2012 - 06:53 AM

Maybe, that's a pretty narrow rear seat if you ever wanted to use it. Can the centre head rest be removed without leaving unsightly holes?

#478 _jabba_

_jabba_
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2012 - 07:48 AM

It would leave two small holes but i could just plug them with some black grommets. Yeah its very narrow, i'm not planning on ever having anyone back there but i dont want it to look weird.

#479 76lxhatch

76lxhatch

That was easy!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,142 posts
  • Car:SS
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:30 AM

Cut up some cardboard and spray paint it black or something to better visualise how it will look before making a decision I guess, it may not be so bad with some big custom armrests...?

#480 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 08:31 AM

if you glassed some infills for the sides, I dont see why it wouldnt look any good :)

Whats it out of to be so narrow?

#481 _jabba_

_jabba_
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:14 AM

Its out of a 05 Subaru Liberty that i picked up for its motor. I have the filler panels that follow the seats lines, i would have to extend them to the body. Sitting in the seats is perfectly comfortable.

#482 _jabba_

_jabba_
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:06 PM

Hey guys, thinking of selling this. Ill post something up in for sale section when I get a chance. I'm chasing $25,000 but I'm also open to serious negotiations (money talks).  :mellow:

#483 _Borninsteel_

_Borninsteel_
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:23 PM

Good luck with your project build, sure hope you're not married but ya know what, I'd swap a good 2 door Monaro for my missus, anyone?... :sucker:

But Wow!, I can see a Rambler Matador in that lot, wouldn't mind using that for shooting prictice.

Just love Ramblers, To Death. :stirpot:

#484 _jabba_

_jabba_
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:34 PM

Nah not married but she said she would never force me to sell it, I've had it for a long time and its probably time to move on. I haven't worked on it for a few years now and i've lost any drive to do more. Id rather sell it and pay off the house and buy a toy i can use now *shrug*.

hahaha.

#485 DanWA

DanWA

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Car:LS1 LX 4 Door

Posted 07 April 2014 - 12:55 PM

shittest news ever :(

#486 _Borninsteel_

_Borninsteel_
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2014 - 06:30 PM

Your not gona pay much off a house with 25k..& then you want to buy another toy,hmmm

Where's the money for the toy gona come from or are you gona buy and old Magna, maybe LOL

You just have to Grit your Teeth HARD and keep going with it, till you finish & you don't have to do a concord restoration so it looks like a Dinky toy.

Just keep on it, a bit every day, get the Fkr going & rego'd so you can drive it around, if you have to, just do a cheap paint job for now, you can do a better one later.

I've been working "on and off " one of my Trans Am's for 17 years & have just finished buiding a 455ci roller engine for her but I tell you, some days, I dont know where to start & sure wish I could win lotto...and walk away but untill then... I keep on keeping on...

#487 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,997 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:42 PM

Slap yourself (real hard) and then think of all the reasons you got it in the first place.

#488 _jabba_

_jabba_
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:46 PM

Ahhh don't say that :S. I'm also selling my 07 Liberty GT so i 'should' get some decent money for it still.  I know what you mean chip away at it, its just i don't have any drive to work on it anymore. I really enjoyed the body work and paint but i hate this assembly crap.

Ahh I dunno.  I just feel the Monaro is too good to treat badly if you know what i mean. I'm not easy on my gear, i like to drive them hard (Just look at my Celica).

<edit> I bought it when i was like 21 and i'm 30 now. Back then the only cars worth having were holden, these days I'm loving my japcrap way more than i should. Small light pocket rockets are fun. Maybe i need to put some glass in it and take it to the drags, that would motivate me I'm sure. Never driven a 400 chev before, also have a brand new (cheap) Garrett GT4082 without a home... And my fuel injected manifold is so close to being done. Arggg stop it!

Edited by jabba, 07 April 2014 - 09:57 PM.

#489 _judgelj_

_judgelj_
  • Guests

Posted 08 April 2014 - 09:48 AM

Just make sure you aren't going to regret it. Especially when its worth 5x as much in several years.

#490 _jabba_

_jabba_
  • Guests

Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:07 AM

:S.

Are these old cars actually gaining value still or has that 'boom' ended? I don't think she's gained value in over 5 years...

#491 DanWA

DanWA

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts
  • Car:LS1 LX 4 Door

Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:09 AM

2 doors are always going to be on the up, get rid of all the rice burners and finishing this :)

#492 _jabba_

_jabba_
  • Guests

Posted 08 April 2014 - 10:10 AM

Parts are soooo expensive...... Unless i stick it together with no interior then its nearly done :P.

#493 _judgelj_

_judgelj_
  • Guests

Posted 08 April 2014 - 01:19 PM

Old cars are always on the rise, especially the desirable ones like yours. Not saying its going to triple any time soon, but there will come a time when we will all say i wish i hadnt sold it. But then again life comes first, just dont do it if you think you will regret it. 

#494 rodomo

rodomo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,997 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:39 PM

Slap slap slap n fuxn slap n wash yr mouth out!

(Yer Ma shoulda done this more when you were a kid Jabba)

Edited by rodomo, 08 April 2014 - 08:41 PM.

#495 Neils LX

Neils LX

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,074 posts
  • Name:a

Posted 09 April 2014 - 08:50 AM

Yeah dude slap yourself man, agghhh. Iv followed this car for ages and was hoping you would finish it. If you do sell it make sure new owner can update build.

#496 _jabba_

_jabba_
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:47 PM

Hmmm, ill put the thought of selling it on hold for the moment. You win :P.

#497 Neils LX

Neils LX

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,074 posts
  • Name:a

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:24 AM

YAY :)

#498 rodomo

rodomo