• 2,559 posts
  • Car:LJ Torana

Posted 22 February 2020 - 10:40 PM

Nice mate

#527 _jabba_

_jabba_
  • Guests

Posted 23 February 2020 - 11:26 PM

So i've been trying to track down the early HQ front indicator/parker socket, i have one that is pretty coroded, and busted a pin cleaning it. As far as i can tell from photos, the socket looks a lot like to this one from a VL on ebay. https://www.ebay.com...ysAAOSwC61dRMVs

Will the VL socket fit in a pinch? It's a 3 wire, but the globe will ground through the indicator housing so i could sip that off.

#528 _jabba_

_jabba_
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2020 - 07:51 PM

I just tried to fit the new HQ 350 radiator shroud and pressed metal fan, the shroud and fan alignment seems perfect but only the tip of the fan is protruding into the fan shroud. It looks like it could go forward a good 50mm at least. The water pump measures 177mm from the mating surface to the face of the pulley hub, so it looks like i have the 'correct' long nose water pump. There is a thick cast alloy spacer on the drivers side and a thinner one on the passenger. Its a 400 chev, i have no idea what the motor came out of. Should i just make some new spacers up to space the motor forward? The trans crossmember needed to be remade anyway... 

-Damien

#529 yel327

yel327

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,072 posts

Posted 28 July 2020 - 08:42 PM

I’ll look in the HQ parts book for you in the morning. Might be the wrong shroud, HQ were not sheetmetal. What fan is it?

#530 _jabba_

_jabba_
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2020 - 08:55 PM

The fan shroud is a reproduction plastic one to suite a 350 chev. The fan its self is just a bit of stamped metal in an X.

Photobucket wants me to pay for photo hosting, but thats a problem for another day.

Edited by jabba, 28 July 2020 - 08:56 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users