• Please log in to reply
529 replies to this topic

#76 _jabba_

_jabba_
  • Guests

Posted 08 October 2006 - 10:40 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

Its abit heavy in the back atm, but its well chocked to stop it going ass first into the ground :). I'm waiting on some new bush's before i install the new subframe, the old ones were perished.

#77 _jabba_

_jabba_
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2006 - 09:42 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

I've painted the rails that bolt to the car, i just have to pull the wheels off and clean the rest of it up. I ended up with nolathane bush's, even though i asked for rubber but you get that. Atleast it has wheels now, all 2 of them :D.

I was amazed on how rusted out the metal centers that sit in the bush's were, most were completely gone. The new bush "kit" didnt come with new metal centers so i put together about 3 cars worth of bush's and kept the rust free ones, wire brushed and painted them.

Edited by jabba, 17 October 2006 - 09:50 PM.

#78 _nemo_

_nemo_
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2006 - 11:10 PM

Man that's coming along nicely

I have a lot of respect for people who do everything themselves :spoton:

#79 _jabba_

_jabba_
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2006 - 10:13 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#80 _jabba_

_jabba_
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2006 - 10:19 PM

Its been a few weeks since i've done anything but this weekend i put a banjo diff in so it could roll around (and look more like a car). I've stripped the drivers door back to metal and the only rust is at the front on the inside which i have cut out and i'm in the process of making a repair patch for it. I've also started working on the drivers side door jam, just trying to smooth out where the rear 1/4 joins to the body in the jam...

This is the first time out back out in the sun since i pulled her out of a paddoc, and probably the first time on wheels in many many years.

Hopefully next weekend i will get a chance to finish the drivers door repairs and get it undercoated and the inside painted up, and finish the door jam and paint it so i can hang the door.

Damien

Edited by jabba, 03 December 2006 - 10:25 PM.

#81 _jabba_

_jabba_
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2006 - 10:27 PM

If anyone in Dubbo wants to lend a hand, i dont mind ;). Its a mountain of work for one person haha.

#82 _BoltZ_

_BoltZ_
  • Guests

Posted 03 December 2006 - 10:50 PM

Keep at it mate, loads of potential there. It might take a while, but they're getting scarce on the ground these days, and it'll be worth the looks and the driving pleasure in the end. Not to mention the "i did it myself" satisfaction!

Cheers

#83 _Chamois hatch_

_Chamois hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2006 - 11:48 PM

nothing worth having comes easy. keep going it's looking great.

#84 _chevy_253_torana_

_chevy_253_torana_
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2006 - 03:32 PM

looks great mate

trust me u mightnt like the look of a hq coupe in primer neither do i but when that first layer of colour goes on then her lines begin to shine and all that hard work shows off keep it up!!!!

#85 _jabba_

_jabba_
  • Guests

Posted 15 April 2007 - 05:43 PM

After a long time without doing anything to the monaro, i've been getting stuck into it again. The last 2 weekends i have painted a few bits and peices. Ill let the pictures do the talking :spoton:.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

I have also stripped the guards, but i havent done much with them as they need a fair bit of work. They have been panel beated then bogged, the only thing saving them so far is there rust free.

Damien :spoton: :spoton: :spoton:

#86 toryman76

toryman76

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 06:19 PM

awesome to see some progress! i was following this one a while back when all the activity was happening so its good to see your back at it. :clap:

Leigh

#87 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,299 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 15 April 2007 - 06:45 PM

Looks fantastic. Straight as, great gloss. Awesome stuff

#88 _jabba_

_jabba_
  • Guests

Posted 15 April 2007 - 08:10 PM

You can see in the 3rd pic some of the reflections arnt that smooth, i didnt spend much time getting getting the undercoat perfect but i think its good enough for the underside of the boot. 2pac is awesome stuff! All the raised areas came out sweet because they were the easyest to block.

I was hoping to have the door jams and inside of the doors painted and hung today but i ran out of time.

#89 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,299 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 15 April 2007 - 08:58 PM

You can see in the 3rd pic some of the reflections arnt that smooth,

True; delete that photo.

#90 _jabba_

_jabba_
  • Guests

Posted 15 April 2007 - 09:05 PM

haha, meh its fine. I knew it wouldnt be perfect, but no one will see that side of the boot from that angle once its fitted :D.

Next weekend I cant do anything, but the weekend after i will get stuck into it and get the doors and boot hung :spoton:

#91 _jabba_

_jabba_
  • Guests

Posted 15 April 2007 - 09:12 PM

What colour should i paint the engine? I was thinking silver would look good, but maybe gloss black would be a better :blink:.

#92 arrimar

arrimar

"Have you still got that Torana!"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,113 posts
  • Car:Salamanca L34, Absinth LH SLR/5000, Caribean Blue LH 5.0, C250 Merc,

Posted 15 April 2007 - 09:21 PM

make it look normal.

#93 _jabba_

_jabba_
  • Guests

Posted 15 April 2007 - 09:23 PM

Chevy orange in a blue car :spit:... :tease:.

Joking!

A stock engine bay mocking it up as a 350 would be cool.

Edited by jabba, 15 April 2007 - 09:24 PM.

#94 _lctorana71_

_lctorana71_
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2007 - 09:48 PM

hey looks like a real nice project, have u got any ideas for the interior yet? can u still imagine a blow thru turbo set up in the q's bay?? or was that plan scrubed out. anywho good luck with ur project

#95 _Flamenco_

_Flamenco_
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2007 - 10:58 PM

Looks great Damien :D Can't wait for the next installment!

#96 _jabba_

_jabba_
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2007 - 10:00 PM

I still want to blow/turbo her, but i dont think i'm ever going to have the cash to do it :(. I'm sure 400 n/a cubes will be more than enough anyway :).

The interior will be a light tan colour (blue with tan looks :spoton:!) using the original HQ seats, and the door trims following an original pattern all done in vinal.

I have talked to an auto trimmer and talked prices, i think it will be worth forking out the extra cash for a pro to do the job.

Well Wednesday i will be getting stuck into it again, as long as i'm over this cold by then!

Thanks
Damien

#97 _HatchmanSS76_

_HatchmanSS76_
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2007 - 09:46 PM

I missed a lot of the progress after watching the start.
Top job jabba. Keep plugging away. It's gonna look great when finished.

#98 _jabba_

_jabba_
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2007 - 09:32 PM

Sorry about the crap photo's, I will take better one's later.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#99 _jabba_

_jabba_
  • Guests

Posted 25 April 2007 - 10:29 PM

I'm much happier with the job on the doors compared to the boot, when putting the clear down i put two light coats down then a really heavy coat and the gloss is awesome, no dry patch's like the boot. I did spend more time preping the doors though :).

#100 _jabba_

_jabba_
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2007 - 09:19 AM

More crap pics.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users