73 replies to this topic

#26 FLY_AGAIN_XU-1

FLY_AGAIN_XU-1

Forum Fixture

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 09:58 AM

a 73 cross member where the bolts are have the ends lowered simmilar to a step on a stair case

hope this helps u

regards aldo

Posted Image

Posted Image

I,ve got a 73 manual crossmember here Dane with your name on it..........

It will need a good clean though.........

#27 _sunburst73-xu1_

_sunburst73-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2010 - 10:04 AM

Cheers thanks heaps Bruce
The pics you have put up I can't see because my work computer has a pic deletion program on it so I have to wait until I get home tonight to see them.
cheers Dane
P.S Its like being blind lol

Edited by sunburst73-xu1, 30 January 2010 - 10:04 AM.

#28 _1973bathxu1_

_1973bathxu1_
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2010 - 12:00 PM

dane hi im happy to help you, fly has put a picture up of a 73 x member. its the one you need

regards aldo

#29 _Ozzie Picker_

_Ozzie Picker_
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2010 - 12:35 PM

thanks guy,s for the info,

looks like i,m going to get the xu1 out of the dungeon,
had a good look after hearing aldo,s comments, as he is lucky enough to own unrestored cars,

this spacer looks home made on my car ,
so does the large washer go on chassis rail for the step in cross member?you can see the marks on fly,s picture.
the way this one is,chassis rail,spacer block ,large washer for step cross member,washer ,spring washer, bolt.
just know this is wrong holden wouldn,t have put a washer then spacer, 2 peices for 1 job,not.
cheers craig.

#30 _sunburst73-xu1_

_sunburst73-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2010 - 12:55 PM

Hey craig why don't you get it out of the dungeon when Torana fest is on and bring it down I'm sure you would certainly blow everyone away with it.I know you have already done that in the 90s by all of the troheys you have won but wouldn't it be good to get it out again after all these years.

#31 meanmachine72

meanmachine72

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,006 posts
  • Name:Jono

Posted 30 January 2010 - 12:57 PM

Hey craig why don't you get it out of the dungeon when Torana fest is on and bring it down I'm sure you would certainly blow everyone away with it.I know you have already done that in the 90s by all of the troheys you have won but wouldn't it be good to get it out again after all these years.

yeah do it craig...let the sun shine on it, and get it out of the dungeon!!!

#32 _Ozzie Picker_

_Ozzie Picker_
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2010 - 01:13 PM

yeah do it craig...let the sun shine on it, and get it out of the dungeon!!!

unfortunatly guy,s it has issues runs very rich black smoke,brakes need attension,steering rubber coupling looks very dodgy as scotty pointed out,and heater under dash is leaking,i,ve got to get this warrick yellow HK monaro painted,but i never get near the bloooodyyy thing,always something getting in my way 3 young girls and a missus, wanting this and that,$$$$$$$$.
i really hope to bring it down one day for others to enjoy again,when i restored it, i was lucky enough to use new parts.eg both bumpers, head lights surronds, tail lights, external mirror, grill with badge,and other jewllery, so it still looks new just has some issues with mechanicals.

cheers craig.

#33 _sunburst73-xu1_

_sunburst73-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2010 - 01:40 PM

Come on Craig lets do the math mate its 33 weeks to Torana fest I'm sure you can put in just 1 hour a week in on the Torana so that means 33 hours.I'm sure that would be enough to get it sorted.
Come on bring it down :spoton:

Edited by sunburst73-xu1, 30 January 2010 - 01:41 PM.

#34 _1973bathxu1_

_1973bathxu1_
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2010 - 02:33 PM

craig hi x member to body then bolts and large washer /spring washer just bolt up

if any body not sure on something regarding there torana ill be happy to help, as we own quite a few unrestored xu1 toranas including lc 71 ck bath 60,000miles lj 73 bath 50,000klm etc etc

im in the same boat we have an A9X that need some minor things to be done luckily we have a friend in qld who ownes an unrestored A9X 2 door and sends me photos of the bits i need looking at

so i figured i should do the same

regards aldo

#35 _sunburst73-xu1_

_sunburst73-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2010 - 02:47 PM

Thanks for the offer Aldo I spose what comes around gos around and if we can help each other out we all benefit and thats what this Forum is all about.
I learnt something else this week talking to Gong about all the chassi bolts how they have different heads on them from 72 to 73,who would have tought they would be different(I wouldn't of)spose again its just another little tell tale sign of the differents between the years.
cheers Dane

#36 _BATHURST-32D_

_BATHURST-32D_
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2010 - 06:16 PM

here are pics of a complete 73 set up

Posted Image
Posted Image

from the start of the aussie 4 speed in the lc gtr cf prefix right untill thay started the 73 cars you should have these but just change the middle bottem thin plate to the wider one, like in bazzas pic

Posted Image
Posted Image

these are for the lc xu1 of 1970 up til the change was made to the aussie 4 speed

Posted Image
Posted Image

i hope this as sorted it all for you fellars.
cheers gong

#37 _1973bathxu1_

_1973bathxu1_
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2010 - 06:35 PM

john hi its aldo good to see u back dont forget to ring me for the torana fest

it was good taking to u when u rang the other day

talk to u soon regards aldo

#38 _sunburst73-xu1_

_sunburst73-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2010 - 06:54 PM

He's the man :spoton:

#39 _Ozzie Picker_

_Ozzie Picker_
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2010 - 08:02 PM

thanks for your help aldo and john,my bolts are correct just need to ditch the spacer,i may have made it many years back,as i copied of my 8th72 car back then,didn,t know anyone with a 73 car.
gee the LC steel block is something else, never seen one of them before.

dane i know it sounds easy and all,but with getting involved in my friends cars etc leaves me no time to get my monaro done,this is the year for it,i hope anyway.

cheers craig

#40 _sunburst73-xu1_

_sunburst73-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 30 January 2010 - 08:11 PM

Fare call man you do what you do,you just have one awsome car there hidden away(in the dungeon)and don't take that the wrong way your Monaro's are awsome too but just would love to see your xu1 out and about one day.
cheers Dane

Edited by sunburst73-xu1, 30 January 2010 - 08:11 PM.

#41 FLY_AGAIN_XU-1

FLY_AGAIN_XU-1

Forum Fixture

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 11:32 PM

this spacer looks home made on my car
cheers craig.

Thanks Craig, I spent ALL day yesterday looking for these none existing 73 spacers. I told you my memory is fading, Thats just pure cruel............

:Headbang2: :Headbang2: :Headbang2: :Headbang2: :Headbang2: :Headbang2: :Headbang2: :Headbang2: :Headbang2: :Headbang2: :Headbang2: :Headbang2: :Headbang2:

:surrenderwave:

#42 _BATHURST-32D_

_BATHURST-32D_
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2010 - 06:50 AM

gees them lc steel blocks are something else, iv never seen one of them before.

thay where to accomedate the opel, as thay are a very small peice of work.

cheers gong

#43 _Ozzie Picker_

_Ozzie Picker_
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2010 - 08:32 AM

this spacer looks home made on my car
cheers craig.

Thanks Craig, I spent ALL day yesterday looking for these none existing 73 spacers. I told you my memory is fading, Thats just pure cruel............

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

no worries fly,at least your not looking today for something that doesn,t exist.
thanks for your help.

#44 FLY_AGAIN_XU-1

FLY_AGAIN_XU-1

Forum Fixture

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,653 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 09:28 AM

no worries fly,at least your not looking today for something that doesn,t exist.
thanks for your help.

Oh, but i am (The Perfect Women) Wish me luck..........

Posted Image

#45 _Ozzie Picker_

_Ozzie Picker_
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2010 - 12:50 PM

thanks for your help.

Oh, but i am (The Perfect Women) Wish me luck..........

Posted Image

now your talking,
being very sneeky,missus and daughers walking around.

thanks for that valuable info.
good luck.

#46 _BATHURST-32D_

_BATHURST-32D_
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2010 - 03:02 PM

now thats what i call a crossmember.
cheers gong

#47 _sunburst73-xu1_

_sunburst73-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2010 - 06:13 PM

Is that whats on tonights menu Brue,looks very delicious. :spoton:

#48 _UFO XU1_

_UFO XU1_
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2010 - 07:58 PM

Looks like i will be pulling mine out boys, im to convinced another mith solved we're getting a little closer to sorting these GIANT KILLERS out.
Keep up the attitude to helping each other out, good deed returns a good deed (good Karma)
Cheers Huddo.

Brucey, looks like they blocked the pic, missed it, but i already Know you are a "DIRTY OLD MAN", in search of the ultimate woman........
Ha Ha Ha.........

#49 _NYS 71_

_NYS 71_
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:22 PM

sorry to bring up an old thread but chasing some info on the spacers. have a 71 lc auto an was told it needs a (rubber) spacer to go between the chassis and crossmember, suppose to make the crossmember sorta float, asborb vibrations. auto shop told me it would be the reason for a current vibration i'm chasing. they told me they were only on the autos and the manuals are solidly mounted. i'm guessing they gonna look something like what LONA-CK was showing pictures of. any help apprecciated

#50 debkar

debkar

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts
  • Car:1971 LC 2 Door

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:34 PM

Hi NYS 71,

I have 71 LC was originally auto, the cross member ends were "wrapped" in a rubber block insulator when I purchased the car. I believe they were factory fitment.

May still have them in the shed if you are chasing pictures, I didn't use them when I fitted the 4 speed,

Regards Simon

Edited by debkar, 07 August 2012 - 07:40 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users