CQ motor week

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#1 _Drag lc_

_Drag lc_
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2010 - 05:52 PM

Hi All,
some of you might be interested but this is happening this year a week of motorsport in CQ should be good if i should have the lc sorted by then so ill prolly race it at strip but will give the street sprints a miss though.

Cheers Hayden

http://www.motormaniacq.com.au/

#2 _cruiza_

_cruiza_
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2010 - 07:25 PM

alsome I will be there as a spectator

#3 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2010 - 12:59 PM

I have entered the Van Diemen and the Clubman.
R

#4 _cruiza_

_cruiza_
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2010 - 03:51 PM

I have entered the Van Diemen and the Clubman.
R

I'll bring the rotton toematoes and eggs then:nudie:

#5 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2010 - 07:38 PM

This event is the deadline for my LJ, hence why i have been being generally insociable for a while now.

IT WILL BE THERE AND IT WILL COMPETE!!!

Cheers.

Edited by Bomber Watson, 14 February 2010 - 07:38 PM.

#6 _Drag lc_

_Drag lc_
  • Guests

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:06 PM

dj u wanna race?????red mota vs blue mota??? ive gota get mine going but ill race ya...... :Buddy:

Cheers Hayden

#7 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:49 PM

Cruiza..get your arse into my pit...I will need a hand with 2 cars..
Bomber..anything..just ask..you know that..be it setup..technique..format..whatever..Ladies and Gents we have a new convert!!..he will never go back....got 3 suits if you need one..we are the same size...
Drag Lc..Beranaby/Gladstone is over..this is real stuff...here you learn to go around corners...come and play...you too will be converted from the straight line run...Rocky will never be the same...I am told by Ellie I am the only open wheeler expessing interest so far..appears too far for the rest..Oh well!..so be it!
R

Edited by rorym, 16 February 2010 - 06:52 PM.

#8 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 16 February 2010 - 06:59 PM

P.S. If you dont come up and make yourself know I will be pissed off...and someone send this to Barman as well Heh? He's just down the road.
R

#9 _cruiza_

_cruiza_
  • Guests

Posted 16 February 2010 - 07:54 PM

Cruiza..get your arse into my pit...I will need a hand with 2 cars..
Bomber..anything..just ask..you know that..be it setup..technique..format..whatever..Ladies and Gents we have a new convert!!..he will never go back....got 3 suits if you need one..we are the same size...
Drag Lc..Beranaby/Gladstone is over..this is real stuff...here you learn to go around corners...come and play...you too will be converted from the straight line run...Rocky will never be the same...I am told by Ellie I am the only open wheeler expessing interest so far..appears too far for the rest..Oh well!..so be it!
R

I was actually going to PM you, honest and offer services as pit creww looking after your darling daughter / promo girl
I will there mate happy to helpout with anything you need, be fun to be involved
or in the spirit of good will and all that my shed is your shed

Edited by cruiza, 16 February 2010 - 07:59 PM.

#10 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 16 February 2010 - 08:19 PM

Rory, basically what cruiza said, but my shed is bigger and your daughter will like me better :tease:

That said, if you need somewhere lockable/enclosed to park the cars your more than welcome.

And i'll def be hanging around you a bit mate, we need to catch up again.

I dont intend to be the least bit competitive in the LJ, its set up for drags and thats that, i just want to go out and see how much smoke i can make :P

But front x member is back in now, and seeing something on the car that hasnt been there in 18 months has gotten me ultra excited, heading back down soon.

Cheers for the offer on the suit, will probably be taking that up. Any idea what we need in the way of licensing to compete in this event and what i need to do to get said licensing?? And specks the cars have to be.....Like i said wont be competitive just out having a thrash hopefully they have a "street" type class.

Need to get to another ACMCC meeting to pick the guys brains, they are helping organize the thing after all.

Michael, i was gonna hit you up about being my photographer, but looks like you will be sniffing around R all week :P. I'll get my mate dan to do it, he is damb good to.

Cheers.

#11 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 16 February 2010 - 09:00 PM

Check the Supp Regs...they may sell a weekend license...failing that...a CAMS L2S speed license is needed..$88 over the net on CAMS site...you need a fire extinguisher..dual throttle spings..battery terminals taped over..basics like that..bugger all really.
Go to the meeting..ask questions..my mail is it is a bit too far from Bris for the big boys to turn up...being 3.5 hours away..no dramas for us..but there is plenty coming from here...will be a hoot.
Bomber...nothing much different..dial in 3 degrees neg camber on the front..stiff springs..sway bars..we will make up the rest as we go along...too much smoke is drifting...they will flick you at the drop of a hat..be aware.
R

P.S. The step daughter just got married...but your should see SD No.2!!!!!!!!!!!!
R

I will tell Ellie we want to pit beside each other.

Classes are on the website..Registered/unregistered and engine CCs

#12 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 16 February 2010 - 10:08 PM

Suppose i can throw some sway bars on it and stay easy on the throttle....Rest i have already.

Will look into it, cars not even done yet haha.

Cheers.

#13 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 16 February 2010 - 10:15 PM

This is GOD speaking
Bomber...Stop thy masterbating..go forth with lower springs, neg camber and big balls...Thy will be done...Hail Mary and 3 roseries..extract thy digit post haste,
R

#14 _Drag lc_

_Drag lc_
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:05 PM

hey rory,
i would but i think the lc now has enough power to overcome my driving ability to go round courners atm so it is best to keep it going str8 line only hehe.

rory u just coming for the street racing? no drag racing /burnouts?.

i suppose i will go up for a look never no dj might need a spanner man hehe..

Cheers Hayden

#15 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 17 February 2010 - 07:11 PM

Just had a look over the program.

Think i might chicken out on the street sprints, cars just not going to be any good for it, i'll just put it in the show and shines etc and go to the drags/burnout comp.

Have collected quiet a few bits for the LH that is going to be a very close copy of HDT no 1 Rory...That should be going for next year. That i will put in the street sprints.

Yes Hayden i'll race you.

Rory, gauntlet is back your way, are you going to grow some nuts and bring your car to the quarter???

Or are you afraid me and Hayden will give you an ass woping???

Cheers.

#16 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2010 - 04:59 AM

Well the Clubbie runs 12s...no idea on the open wheeler...
R

#17 _Drag lc_

_Drag lc_
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2010 - 05:30 PM

mmm the lc runs 12's aswell v8 vs 6 ??????????hehe

does anybody know how many cars have entered?

#18 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 18 February 2010 - 06:37 PM

Well the Clubbie runs 12s...no idea on the open wheeler...
R

12 second what?? 60ft....

:stirpot:

Cheers.

#19 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2010 - 08:44 PM

130hp.....320kgs....10" soft slicks....you work it out.
R

#20 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2010 - 12:43 AM

My moroso slide rule doesnt go that low, but it actually may be impressive.

I was actually half serious mate, you should take it to the drags and see what she runs....

Would probably be the first open wheeler at Benaraby.

Cheers.

#21 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2010 - 07:07 AM

I know you were joking...it wasnt a slap back....email is hard to express sometimes..
R

#22 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2010 - 06:30 AM

Thats not an answer, are you running the open wheeler at the drags or are you going to leave your skirt on for the entire event???

Cheers.

#23 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2010 - 08:59 AM

The short answer is ...no....its on the same time as the sprints..
R

Edited by rorym, 21 February 2010 - 09:04 AM.

#24 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2010 - 09:20 AM

Ah in that case fair enough.

Just remember when your packing your tool box to throw you balls in just in case you change your mind and decide to go the 400m.....

:stirpot:

#25 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2010 - 12:10 PM

Hahah.....see you when I get there...will let you know where I am staying.
R

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users