hatchback rubbers

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#1 _lx5008_

_lx5008_
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2010 - 06:32 PM

les. is there a new version of the door rubbers and 1/4 window rubbers?. the door rubbers i have are 12 months old and having problems still.

cheers graham

#2 _SS Hatchback_

_SS Hatchback_
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2010 - 10:46 PM

Hey Graeme , what issues do you have with the door rubbers? I know my doors are still hard to close like the rubbers are slightly too big but i bought mine way back 15 years ago at the same time as the hatch rubber. I spoke to Les the other day through pm's and he said they ahve made different rubbers for the doors many times in the last 15 years so im keen to find out what issues you have with them and if they are the latest ones ..

#3 _lx5008_

_lx5008_
  • Guests

Posted 08 April 2010 - 08:12 AM

mine are just over 12 months old and gee its hard to shut the doors. you have to slam them and they still stick out a little and the 1/4 window rubber well they a just a lost cause. they are way the thick in the rubber section.

#4 _SS Hatchback_

_SS Hatchback_
  • Guests

Posted 08 April 2010 - 08:35 PM

yep same here, i had them in like i mentioned for approx 15 years and they were starting to get ok but then i hated the slightly open look so i readjusted again and im back to probably worse than the beginning, heres hoping there are some new ones

#5 _urkss_

_urkss_
  • Guests

Posted 08 April 2010 - 08:46 PM

l had most of my brand new white door rubber pins snap in half, problem is you do have to replace the black bullet type lugs as well. the plastic pins are snapped inside, and you cant remove them. have other members had the same problem with the lx hatch rubber kits /..urkss

#6 _lx5008_

_lx5008_
  • Guests

Posted 08 April 2010 - 09:26 PM

well i think every one has, cause they are all the same rubbish. we can only hope one day some one will make good perfect repo rubbers. for our cars.

#7 _A9XOSS_

_A9XOSS_
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2010 - 12:21 PM

WOW! i have a 2 big box's full off there products
yet to be fitted, a bit concerning though.Posted Image

#8 myss427

myss427

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Car:427 hatch, CV8 Monaro, Ve SSV ute. Was part owner A9X sedan until he sold it without telling me!
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 April 2010 - 12:46 PM

My 2 door rubbers are 10 years old and are still hard to close, have not put the 4 door ones on yet, hopping someone will make better ones. Tried the Rares boot rubber and could not close the boot, found an original rubber in new condition and can close with one finger without slamming.

#9 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 09 April 2010 - 02:18 PM

I have had the same issues with doors cosing as above.

#10 _SS Hatchback_

_SS Hatchback_
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2010 - 06:52 PM

Ive sent Les a pm to see if there has been any updates in the door rubbers, atleast since you bought yours Graham and ill buy some and be the guinea pig as these ones are pissing me off. Ive pointed him to this thread.

#11 _sstorana_

_sstorana_
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2010 - 07:07 PM

From what I see is this;

Door Rubbers:
If they are the same material as the sedan ones that I brought late last year, they should be good.

Hatch Seal Rubber:
Biggest problem with these is the profile. If this is rectified, it should fix the problem.
I will be looking into these myself..

Rear Quarter Window Seals:
Major dramas if people are scared of locking the windows into place for fear of breaking the glass!!
I will be looking into these as well as the picnweld weld used in many are a generic versions and not Torana specific.

cheers
Mick

#12 _SS Hatchback_

_SS Hatchback_
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2010 - 09:31 PM

Cheers thanks Mick

#13 _trna76hb_

_trna76hb_
  • Guests

Posted 10 April 2010 - 08:38 AM

When i fitted my Rare Spare Rear Quarter Window Seals & had to close the windows i was shitting myself.
Close the window with 2 hands,one outside pushing the glass & the other locking it.
i am not opening them again in fear of cracking thr glass.

#14 _The Baron_

_The Baron_
  • Guests

Posted 10 April 2010 - 11:09 PM

Trna76ha...............you are not alone with the hatch rear side windows.
I also fear the stress once closed...so they are always closed.

#15 _outer control_

_outer control_
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2010 - 06:57 PM

Trna76ha...............you are not alone with the hatch rear side windows.
I also fear the stress once closed...so they are always closed.

You whinging again darky no problems in L34s with rear hatch windows mate

#16 _Got1UR1_

_Got1UR1_
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2010 - 11:05 PM

G,day Darky, You still complaining about thing,s in general, and about your car in particular ? You won,t have any where near the amount of problems if you follow Pop,s advice and get a REAL car with 4 doors and a factory go fast engine. See you over here in November eh?

#17 _The Baron_

_The Baron_
  • Guests

Posted 15 April 2010 - 10:23 PM

Sigh!

L34 owners..........just like the missing link................not sure where they fit in evolution.

Sorry for the thread steal!

#18 _Got1UR1_

_Got1UR1_
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2010 - 09:42 PM

Well!! Well!! Darky, evolution I hear you say. You may be right, no L34,s and therefore no evolved A9X,s. That is an interesting theory. Have a chat to outercontrol re November if you haven,t already.

#19 _The Baron_

_The Baron_
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2010 - 11:33 AM

Not talking to outercontrol any more.

He is a lost cause to the A9X realm. (read loser)

Not talking to outercontrol any more.

He is a lost cause to the A9X realm.

#20 _The Baron_

_The Baron_
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2010 - 11:54 AM

I even have to repeat the message so he gets it. :)

#21 _les_

_les_
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2010 - 07:55 PM

I have been overseas and unaware of this post but Lance from Rare's has been talking to lx5008 about this problem via email this is part of what he said.

" Hatch seal we have had good feed back since we improved them so I expect you will be happy with them.
As for the side window seals, are you able to help me out with a sample of an original one, all I need is about 100mm so I can match the profile. We have been supplying the same seal for years without any complaints, infact we have sold over 1000 in the past 5 years so I am very surprised to see such negative feedback on the forum. However if there is a problem then we will fix it.
Please let me know if you can help with a sample."

Regards

Lance Corby
(Deputy General Manager)

#22 _lx5008_

_lx5008_
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2010 - 11:01 AM

hi les, i got two new door seals and a hatch seal in the mail the very next day after getting the email from lance. i will fit them on the weekend and let you know how it went. but the 1/4 window seals a big problem still. i wish i has a sample of the genuine stuff you show.

cheers graham

#23 _les_

_les_
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2010 - 08:30 PM

Can anyone help with a 1/4 seal sample

#24 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 22 April 2010 - 12:44 AM

I will dig around in the atic next week if no one beats me to it.
PM me the details.

Edited by TerrA LX, 22 April 2010 - 12:45 AM.

#25 _A9XOSS_

_A9XOSS_
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2010 - 09:52 PM

hi, once this problem is sorted out, can we r/s customers exchance our new still
in the packet hatch 1/4 rubbers for the new replacment ones. Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users