xu1 tappet cover decal?

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#76 _flyxu1_

_flyxu1_
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2010 - 09:40 PM

Hi there
i have been following this post and we have the real deal the Aldo has kindly shared with us
Lets make this post positive and get the stickers 100% correct

These are somethings that i have looked at and noticed

1 Chrome rocket cover in post #81 the XU1 appears to be to forward and falling of the rocket cover
go to post #26 black and white photo (bottom photo) XU1 seems to be 10mm approx back from edge

2 post #81 third photo XU1 sticker half circle bottom point is 10 mm ? min longer than top point

3 as toruna says and i totally agree measurements are the key to the stickers

WHAT DO YOU THINK ? I WOULD WANT THE BEST REPO STICKER FOR THESE CARS WOULDNT YOU ????????????????????????????????????????

Grantley
Flyxu1

Edited by flyxu1, 26 May 2010 - 09:45 PM.

#77 _ck1971_

_ck1971_
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2010 - 11:54 PM

Well it seems that we are getting to the bottom of this, now we know that the revision happened with the PCV change it seems clear that there are 2 versions of the rocker cover decal (what's a rocket cover?). After compairing the blueprints from Aldo and the pics from Brad it's clear they are pretty much identical, so Brad's repos are of the revised decal. The pics that Fly posted show the 1st version of the decal which is slightly different to the 2nd version, have a close look at the XU-1 it's slightly different.

ck1971.

#78 _sunburst73-xu1_

_sunburst73-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2010 - 06:20 AM

:clappin: :clappin: :clappin:
We are finaly getting to the bottom of another grey area of theses cars.Flyxu1 you said about the placement of the decal how its different,well that was going to be my next question because I noticed that aswell.So again I ask whats right and whats wrong. :dontknow: :dontknow:

#79 meanmachine72

meanmachine72

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,005 posts
  • Name:Jono

Posted 27 May 2010 - 10:25 AM

Let's hope the drawings for the Battery decals become available and are used to reproduce them. That way there will be no disputes with them..

Pity the same thing hasn't happened with the GTR XU-1 Decals... Lord knows that no one is 100% happy with what is out there at the moment..

well ufo scotty does a good xu-1 sticker best i have seen and more than happy with them
cheers jono

#80 _brad_

_brad_
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2010 - 10:33 AM

The pics look great however what about the measurement that's the key to making a true example and Aldo are your stickers going to be red or clear Posted Image

All jokes a side put me on the list
l'll take two sets cause blue prints have to be correct i want a set that looks the same measure the same as the originals

Hi Guys,

As it's made from a genuine NOS GM item and positive it's 100% correct, I'm happy for Aldo to contact me and we can compare the measurements. He can then confirm whether they are right or have small inconcistencies, which I have no problem with what so ever. **Not to list the measuremants though** I hope people can appreciate and understand that I'm sick of my parts being copied by other people. My years of hunting around for these NOS items, and extensive research (wich really does sometimes take me years to finally produce and item correct to the original) is taken for granted by others to simply make a quick buck. I've been passionate about these cars for many, many years (saved my nuts off to buy my 1st XU-1 at the age of 17) and put in a hell of a lot of effort to get these parts spot on so that we can have these cars CORRECT.

Aldo, if you can agree with this, then I'm fine with it.
It seriously took me years, to locate this known NOS GM item and to plead with the owner to lend it to me to copy it.

Cheers, Brad

#81 _HZUte-efi-VS5L_

_HZUte-efi-VS5L_
  • Guests

Posted 27 May 2010 - 01:00 PM

The pics look great however what about the measurement that's the key to making a true example and Aldo are your stickers going to be red or clear Posted Image

All jokes a side put me on the list
l'll take two sets cause blue prints have to be correct i want a set that looks the same measure the same as the originals

Hi Guys,

As it's made from a genuine NOS GM item and positive it's 100% correct, I'm happy for Aldo to contact me and we can compare the measurements. He can then confirm whether they are right or have small inconcistencies, which I have no problem with what so ever. **Not to list the measuremants though** I hope people can appreciate and understand that I'm sick of my parts being copied by other people. My years of hunting around for these NOS items, and extensive research (wich really does sometimes take me years to finally produce and item correct to the original) is taken for granted by others to simply make a quick buck. I've been passionate about these cars for many, many years (saved my nuts off to buy my 1st XU-1 at the age of 17) and put in a hell of a lot of effort to get these parts spot on so that we can have these cars CORRECT.

Aldo, if you can agree with this, then I'm fine with it.
It seriously took me years, to locate this known NOS GM item and to plead with the owner to lend it to me to copy it.

Cheers, Brad

Very well said Brad. I know I do cross oer on some of the decals you and I do. But like you said it takes a long time to get some of these done 100%. Just to name a few of the ones its taken me many many hours/years of hunting and begging, Sandman Stripes, HZ GTS stripes, HX LE stripes, VN SS Stripes. Then some of the little ones like lucas fan motor decals, fan warning decals etc etc. Some of the small ones with the smallest profit margin can take longer and be harder than some of the larger ones to reproduce but are done just to get the item out there rather than make a buck. I too agree with people using mine to reproduce from. It can be frustrating. Also I dont like to use anyone else's to repro from. Reason is if its not NOS or 100% original how do you know its een correct.

Cheers
Jason

#82 _sunburst73-xu1_

_sunburst73-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2010 - 05:51 PM

OK now where were we.

#83 _sunburst73-xu1_

_sunburst73-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 01 June 2010 - 08:32 PM

O.K I received the decal I purchased off Brad Merrick today and was suprised in how different they are to the ones supplied by Rare Spares.
Attached File  101_1739.jpg   40.92K   47 downloadsAttached File  101_1738.jpg   50.51K   56 downloadsAttached File  101_1737.jpg   38.87K   54 downloads
One thing I will coment on is Brads decal was much easyer to apply and was alot better quality in the material.
cheers :spoton:

#84 _1973bathxu1_

_1973bathxu1_
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2010 - 10:01 AM

Hi after reading all the posts regarding the differences in the rocker cover stickers that are around today, and asked by many forum members to make a 100% correct sticker

i will be happy into making an exact copy straight off the blue prints, measurements, dimentions,colors, etc etc which have been posted for all to see less the measurements etc

im meeting up with a screen printer today or tomorrow in regards to the battery stickers, which is on another thread, while im there i will show him the paper work of the rocker cover sticker and see what he says and thinks

i am also talking to jayson in s.a who is a forum member a sticker and a screen printer as he is keen to make them for us

there are quite a few members that have asked for one or more stickers, as i need to know how many i need to make,

so if u are interested please post it so i know, as for the cost you will know as soon as i know im guessing at 15.00 to 25.00

regards aldo

#85 _BATHURST-32D_

_BATHURST-32D_
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2010 - 01:18 PM

go aldo,,, i will sell heaps 4 you man.

cheers gong

#86 Bazza

Bazza

ǝɹnʇxıɟ ɯnɹoɟ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,289 posts
  • Car:ɐuɐɹoʇ

Posted 02 June 2010 - 01:54 PM

Hi Aldo

Can you reproduce the sticker before the Nov '72 revision? Some folks may want the one that came on their earlier vehicle.

Cheers

Bazza

#87 _Ozzie Picker_

_Ozzie Picker_
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2010 - 06:40 PM

hi aldo,
me want a 73 rocker cover sticker and a battery sticker,may as well get 2 off each keep a spare.

thanks for you efforts mate greatly appreciate.

cheers craig.

Edited by 73BATHXU1HTBATH350, 02 June 2010 - 06:42 PM.

#88 _sunburst73-xu1_

_sunburst73-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2010 - 06:59 PM

Hi Aldo
Put me down for 2 aswell. :spoton:

#89 grumpy xu1

grumpy xu1

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,809 posts
  • Name:Gary
  • Car:lj xu1

Posted 02 June 2010 - 10:55 PM

Hi after reading all the posts regarding the differences in the rocker cover stickers that are around today, and asked by many forum members to make a 100% correct sticker

i will be happy into making an exact copy straight off the blue prints, measurements, dimentions,colors, etc etc which have been posted for all to see less the measurements etc

im meeting up with a screen printer today or tomorrow in regards to the battery stickers, which is on another thread, while im there i will show him the paper work of the rocker cover sticker and see what he says and thinks

i am also talking to jayson in s.a who is a forum member a sticker and a screen printer as he is keen to make them for us

there are quite a few members that have asked for one or more stickers, as i need to know how many i need to make,

so if u are interested please post it so i know, as for the cost you will know as soon as i know im guessing at 15.00 to 25.00

regards aldo

Hi Aldo i would gladly take 2 72rocker cover stickers & 2 73 rocker cover stickers seems you have blue prints. Battery stickers would be fantastic to if possible?? Does anyone know if there are any stickers not available & accurate (no offence meant to ANYONE) that we haven't covered yet i think it's great to see how much we care about these cars (including some of the people who own replicas) after all it's about passion friends cruising & most of all fun, does get dissapionting how some sometimes use this forum as a slinging match Thank you Grumpy xu1

#90 _sunburst73-xu1_

_sunburst73-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2010 - 09:54 PM

Any updates Aldo??? :dontknow:

#91 _1973bathxu1_

_1973bathxu1_
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2010 - 10:26 PM

hi im sorry its taken so long but im still waiting on holden about the battery stickers, so the rocker sticker and the battery stickers can be made together,

holdens law dept rang me on the 12 7 2010 about the gmh logo on the battery sticker and told me that i will have an answer in the next week or two,

she doesnt believe that there will be any problems in remaking the stickers, we have spoken a few times now regarding this topic,

regards aldo

#92 _UFO XU1_

_UFO XU1_
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2010 - 07:06 PM

I take 2 sets of each as well Aldo
cheers Scotty.(ufo)

#93 _Ozzie Picker_

_Ozzie Picker_
  • Guests

Posted 21 November 2011 - 07:49 PM

hi aldo,

how have you gone with reproducing the rocker cover sticker.

has anyone got any updates on the colours used?

#94 _Drag lc_

_Drag lc_
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2018 - 03:11 AM

Sorry to bring an old thread up but I’m looking for a Adelaide build 5/72 xu1 rocker cover decal.

So after reading up and doing a little research I see the mericks one looks to be the same as the rares one, Ive also added one I found on eBay with the red 3300 I don’t think that’s what I need?

So has anyone had any thing to do with these Xu1 rocker cover stickers lately? Quality wise any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers H

eBay
https://m.ebay.com.a...1fff83f92|iid:1

Rares one
https://www.rarespar...-cover-3300-xu1

Merricks one
https://www.xu-1.com..._bay_parts.html

#95 N/A-PWR

N/A-PWR

CABIN ENGINE CONTROLS GALORE

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,595 posts
  • Name:Dave I
  • Car:'1969' LC RAT TORANA

Posted 14 March 2019 - 03:08 PM

Gday Everyone.

My name is Jason. Owner of Stickthis Automotive Decals and Stripes. Many will know me but many wont.

I am just yet another supplier of the 3300XU1 and 2850S rocker decals etc etc. All screen printed.

I get asked the question many times about what is what. Answer is I do not know.

This is quite an interesting topic.

Here is a link to the ones I have been doing for a while now:
http://stickthisdeca...products_id=109

Interested on peoples thoughts. Its seems that the length of the black may not be long enough?

Baically I want to get the right. No doubt other sellers want to do the same. I want to also do them all. including the 2600S which we are on the hunt for some pics etc.

Im sorry if I maybe stealing this thread. But its not my intentions. I already do a wide range of screen printed decals and want to get everything 100%.

Cheers
Jason

PS aldo. I havent done the Lucas Battery but have been requested for it before. If you need someone to do them (screen printed) than let me know.

here is the new link to the XU-1 Decal:

http://stickthisdeca...1-clear-torana/

the 3300 looks more close, and is clear.

The centre decal clear in the  3300 numbers.  This allows the red of the rocker cover show through.

#96 Bazza

Bazza

ǝɹnʇxıɟ ɯnɹoɟ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,289 posts
  • Car:ɐuɐɹoʇ

Posted 14 March 2019 - 09:31 PM

Hi

How is it possible that he doesn't know that the rocker cover is chromed? :)

Bazza

#97 WhiteA9XS

WhiteA9XS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Name:Shaun
  • Car:LJ LX
Garage View Garage

Posted 15 March 2019 - 10:27 PM

Baz gotta give him one thing Jason is a guru with the holden sandman panelvans

#98 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,538 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:73 LJ

Posted 16 March 2019 - 10:48 AM

Baz gotta give him one thing Jason is a guru with the holden sandman panelvans

He's not into the Holden Sandman utes?  :sad: 

Edited by S pack, 16 March 2019 - 10:49 AM.

#99 WhiteA9XS

WhiteA9XS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,646 posts
  • Name:Shaun
  • Car:LJ LX
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 March 2019 - 06:55 PM

He's not into the Holden Sandman utes?  :sad: 

Correct , owns Sandman panelvans .

0 user(s) are reading this topic