xu1kid

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts
  • Name:anthony
  • Car:lj gtr xu1

Posted 22 June 2010 - 04:20 PM

hi all i want repaint my lj lower dash panel black so it looks nice again just wondering about all the symbols and writing how would i go about that im stuck for ideas, i rang dash original and they quoted 290 to refurbish it which is a little out of my price range

is there stencils or something i can get and paint on again ??

so any ideas would be great cheers

#2 limo

limo

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,671 posts
  • Car:most Torana models, Jag, Vauxhall, Triton, Staesman

Posted 22 June 2010 - 07:23 PM

I bought several sets of LJ and LC reproduction stickers for that from a guy in brisbane through feebay, some thing else I did with an underdash with very good lettering I was painting was mask out the letters with tape. it's very fiddly but worked, I just sprayed it but mine was black to start with

Edited by limo, 22 June 2010 - 07:23 PM.

#3 xu1kid

xu1kid

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 364 posts
  • Name:anthony
  • Car:lj gtr xu1

Posted 22 June 2010 - 08:06 PM

yea my dash is black aswel but its seen better days, gee masking the letters up would have been fiddly, do you know if you can still get them stickers??

#4 _billywest_

_billywest_
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2010 - 09:25 PM

yea my dash is black aswel but its seen better days, gee masking the letters up would have been fiddly, do you know if you can still get them stickers??

hey xu1 kid don,t know what condition or how faded or were it is faded around the letters but i would mask the whole word up with little squares and paint over the dash , but i don,t know if this would work i am just guessing maybe put a photo up that would give us all ideas cheers billywest

#5 limo

limo

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,671 posts
  • Car:most Torana models, Jag, Vauxhall, Triton, Staesman

Posted 26 June 2010 - 11:50 PM

hey xu1 kid don,t know what condition or how faded or were it is faded around the letters but i would mask the whole word up with little squares and paint over the dash ,
[/quote]

this is what I did, covered the whole word but was fiddly. I used common clear stickytape and as the background is already black no worries

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users