Delco HEI into Holden 6 How-To

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#76 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2015 - 07:17 PM

Right, that makes some sense now. 

YOur "B" position is where you want to run the cap. 

Now when you fit it, fit it with the rotor button on, and the cap off, and make sure when the distributer is fitted the rotor button lines up with your B mark. Should run?

#77 _glennhailstone_

_glennhailstone_
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2015 - 04:04 PM

Thats what I thought. Thats what I mean by nightmare. I know people have had success with these but I certainly haven't.

#78 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 09 February 2015 - 05:17 PM

Alright, so the point im stressing, when you put the distributer in you are definitely lining the rotor button up with point B and subsequently #1 spark plug tower on the cap?

Cheers. 

#79 _glennhailstone_

_glennhailstone_
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2015 - 08:13 AM

Yes Bomber.

As I was saying these dissys are shit! There are some people on this site who think they know what they are talking about, but they don't know frOck all! Not you Bomber. 

If you are looking for a replacement don't buy one of these. They are more trouble than what they are worth.

I am saying this as somebody from first hand experience. 

I waisted lots of time and money trying to set this dissy up. And it turned out they are just shit. They are not designed for the Holden 6 so don't waste your time.

The bosch dissys are sweet. If you really want a replacement spend $1100 and buy an ICE. Otherwise don't bother!

#80 _duggan208_

_duggan208_
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2015 - 12:39 AM

Glenn, with all due respect, how long have you been mucking around with holden 6s? I ask that because I was (still am) in a world of hurt trying to set up a multi throttle body EFI system, Hall effects dizzie and most of time I had no bloody idea what I was doing, spent alot more money on my mistakes. you're taking on some rather heavy stuff as I have. My poor neighbours here words that have not been invented. I'd like a dollar for how many times I've said, EFI is shit. I've had to realise that I know bugger all about EFI and have had to listen to those that do know. I've read your other posts and I'm in the same boat as you. I've found that most times I struggle to understand what i'm being told and have to go over advise several times before I can get anything to bloody work. Mate, you just have to stick it out, Heaps of Holden 6's successfully run similar combos as yours.

Regards

#81 _glennhailstone_

_glennhailstone_
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2015 - 08:11 AM

Thanks for that Jon!

I don't know much, but I know that I've learnt loads from the guys on this site and asking questions and listening to people who have done it before. 

#82 EunUCh

EunUCh

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,761 posts
  • Car:japos

Posted 06 March 2015 - 06:45 PM

No doubt there will be the "odd" dizzy that may be be crook,the point is,if the rotor button does not line up with the "post" in the dizzy (number one plug lead) along with the pulse generator or reluctor teeth (on dizzy shaft) lining up with the pick up coil, (the "teeth" on the "outside" ) then you will have problems.

All these marks and "teeth" need to line up with number 1 cylinder on TDC compression,if they line up at this point you then advance the dizzy slightly so that the thing will start and run half decent, then you set the timing with a light.No point trying to set it up with 10 or 12 when the engine is not running while fitting dizzy.

If there is a problem after doing that then there is something else wrong,,it could be the module in dizzy? or a poor wire/ing connection.

You should be able to set any dizzy up on a bench and test it and it should throw a spark,but having said that they can do some weird shit under load.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users