New front end for LC-LJ

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#26 _HRH by DESIGN_

_HRH by DESIGN_
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2010 - 10:10 PM

Nearly completed the LH one. As with the LJ we retain the existing crossmember, like to have that look, and engineer prefers it too,
Cheers Matt

#27 Bart

Bart

Shit a brick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,559 posts
  • Car:LJ Torana

Posted 13 July 2010 - 12:04 AM

Nearly completed the LH one. As with the LJ we retain the existing crossmember, like to have that look, and engineer prefers it too,
Cheers Matt

Its great we have people like you making this after market stuff for our cars.
Good luck

#28 enderwigginau

enderwigginau

Admin Wrangler

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000,527 posts
  • Name:Grant
  • Car:76 LX Sedan, 4 seater

Posted 14 July 2010 - 12:39 PM

Titanium would be to go, light and strong, not as expensive as some may think because the amount of material isnt huge

It's not the cost of the material, it's finding someone who can acceptably work Ti.

McDonald Bros have a full tubular front endfor the LJ $4500 inc shocks.

Posted Image
McDonald Bros will build one for the LX if someone puts down a deposit. The LX tubular k-frame is around $2200. Then you have to add the price of tubular wishbones and your choice of coilover shocks.

Not engineered though. For track use only. Look at doubling the price if you want it engineered - I was quoted $5000 just for the cert previously.

Grant..

#29 Bart

Bart

Shit a brick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,559 posts
  • Car:LJ Torana

Posted 17 July 2010 - 03:03 PM

Titanium would be to go, light and strong, not as expensive as some may think because the amount of material isnt huge

It's not the cost of the material, it's finding someone who can acceptably work Ti.

McDonald Bros have a full tubular front endfor the LJ $4500 inc shocks.

Posted Image
McDonald Bros will build one for the LX if someone puts down a deposit. The LX tubular k-frame is around $2200. Then you have to add the price of tubular wishbones and your choice of coilover shocks.

Not engineered though. For track use only. Look at doubling the price if you want it engineered - I was quoted $5000 just for the cert previously.

Grant..

True, there is a guy in the UK who does Ti suspension for old Mini's
http://www.force-racing.co.uk/home/

#30 _Neo_

_Neo_
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2016 - 11:50 PM

Hi i am very interested in the tubular control arms for an lj in a coil over set up. Can you please give me a call on 0412409846 thank you

#31 _LONA-CK_

_LONA-CK_
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2017 - 07:17 AM

How did you go with the engineering of this product ,, me myself would think it would not have passed its current state.

Anyways I haven't seen any around.

Cheers gong

#32 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2017 - 08:27 PM

Its been over 7 years and we havnt heard anything back.... I doubt anything happened here. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users