Heathcote Drags: Part 2 - Need to settle Date!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
255 replies to this topic

Poll: 28th Of April (15 member(s) have cast votes)

28th Of April

1. As Racer (12 votes [80.00%])

Percentage of vote: 80.00%

2. As Spectator (1 votes [6.67%])

Percentage of vote: 6.67%

3. Cant make it. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. Pick another date will ya! (2 votes [13.33%])

Percentage of vote: 13.33%

Vote

#26 makka

makka

A m��se once bit my sister

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts
  • Name:Cohen

Posted 15 May 2006 - 05:36 PM

and im gonna be able to race this time!

#27 LXCHEV

LXCHEV

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,510 posts
  • Name:Brett
  • Car:'76 LX - 383 Chev

Posted 15 May 2006 - 05:38 PM

I'm the same as Tiny at the moment - can't committ to anything just yet. I definitely won't make November because I will be getting ready for Springnats, but who knows what might happen (I'm not ruling it out completely). Things have been so hectic the last 6 months, I'm just looking forward to relaxing a bit over the next few months, and trying to pay off my credit card!!!! HAHAHA.

Chopper is spot on though - there is no need to contact Heathcote at all until there is a date in mind and you have 30 cars minimum keen to enter. Once you reach that point, the rest is easy.

As an alternative in case numbers aren't very high - you could always attend a general test & tune day on any Sunday. A general meet like that means low entrant numbers anyway, so still plenty of track time for everyone, plus there'll be lots of other cool cars to check out too. The only negative is the day is not exclusively torana forum members and friends. But it's always still a good option. The best thing then is it doesn't matter if 5 cars rock up, or 50. The day will run regardless.

Keep the poll going, I'll be watching with interest!

#28 makka

makka

A m��se once bit my sister

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts
  • Name:Cohen

Posted 15 May 2006 - 05:47 PM

agreed, I shouldnt have voted for november, its a busy month!
i reckon that I will go to a test and tune day in the next couple of months, they run basically every weekend

#29 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2006 - 07:02 PM

There is only a total of 12 votes ATM. If we get 30 votes and it's fairly split both ways, then I suppose we will have to post what weekends people are NOT available and trim it down from there.

#30 _ChiaLX_

_ChiaLX_
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2006 - 07:35 PM

Come on people start voting!
I wasn't able to make it to the last one and my car will be ready for this one too so i will be able to have my first real drag.

#31 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,309 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 15 May 2006 - 07:42 PM

Can an L plater race? Do they need a CAMS Speed liscence?

I'll be there anyway, but if I can race I'll probably bring the LX.

#32 _Melz_

_Melz_
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2006 - 07:42 PM

Hey guys, you probably won't remember me but i'm the little brunette Ford fan that helped out a bit at your first drag day.... all i can say is it was great to see such a friendly club and great event. So I would like to see you all back out there racing again soon!!

So whenever you guys need a hand just give me a yell, i really enjoyed helping out where i could... especially since drag racing is a bit of a passion of mine :)

Cheers
Melz

#33 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2006 - 08:26 PM

Can an L plater race? Do they need a CAMS Speed liscence?

If they have a CAMS license, it would help. I think this was brought up in the previous thread, so you may ( or may not ) wish to search through the couple of hundred posts for the answer. Either that or Google Heathcote Park for some contact details and contact them direct.

#34 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,309 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 15 May 2006 - 08:33 PM

Will do when I get off my arse.

I have my Solar Car comps in October and may be going to Springnats and/or Toranafest (although probably neither the way money is going atm), but I voted for October anyway.

#35 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2006 - 08:48 PM

Well we now have 15 votes, so we are half way there. At this stage it doesn't matter who has voted for what. The important thing is the commitment to go.

One important thing to post here is what other major events are happening in the three months we have on option ATM. All 4 weekends in Sept have AFL finals and probably Rugby finals as well. I think the Super Bikes are at Phillip Island in October. We also need dates of other car shows etc. running at the time. Obviously we won't be able to please everybody, but we shall see what looks like the best option.

#36 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 15 May 2006 - 09:34 PM

Hey guys, you probably won't remember me but i'm the little brunette Ford fan that helped out a bit at your first drag day.... all i can say is it was great to see such a friendly club and great event. So I would like to see you all back out there racing again soon!!

So whenever you guys need a hand just give me a yell, i really enjoyed helping out where i could... especially since drag racing is a bit of a passion of mine :)

Cheers
Melz

Hey Melz! Great to see you drop in!! Even if the others wont acknowledge your help i certainly will! The day wouldnt have been as easy if it wasnt for yourself, Nicole and jeff thats for sure!!

How long you been sussing out the dark side hey!? Checkin out the holdens! I would never have thought! :tease: :tease:

I dont think the day would be the same without you there, I'm sure we'll let you know when it happens again! Maybe you guys can even race for a change rather than just working!!

Cheers and good to see ya around :)

:spoton: Tiny :)

#37 _Melz_

_Melz_
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2006 - 08:11 PM

Cheers
Melz

Hey Melz! Great to see you drop in!! Even if the others wont acknowledge your help i certainly will! The day wouldnt have been as easy if it wasnt for yourself, Nicole and jeff thats for sure!!

How long you been sussing out the dark side hey!? Checkin out the holdens! I would never have thought! :tease: :tease:

I dont think the day would be the same without you there, I'm sure we'll let you know when it happens again! Maybe you guys can even race for a change rather than just working!!

Cheers and good to see ya around :)

:spoton: Tiny :)

Ahhh you will be surpised... my brother in law is restoring a UC Torana, so i'm kinda interested in them. But tell anyone else and i will deny it... :D

#38 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2006 - 08:20 PM

Nothing wrong with UC Toranas, I have two of them.

#39 _Melz_

_Melz_
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2006 - 09:21 PM

Nothing wrong with UC Toranas, I have two of them.

I'm just denying I'm on the darkside and don't mind Toranas :rolleyes: hehehehe

#40 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 16 May 2006 - 09:57 PM

HA! Your out of the closet now girl ;)

But no seriously.. Your more than welcome to any of our functions anytime! and i'm really glad to see ya crusing the site too! hopefully you can learn a thing or three about the UC ( ugly car ) that the general built ( Ohhhh i just KNOW i'm gunna cop it for that one Muahahah)....

Anyway, glad to see ya around and it'll be great to catch up again at the next drag day! ( Ours or yours! hehe!)

Cheers :)

#41 _lexa_

_lexa_
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2006 - 08:40 PM

mid october (get my P's!!) to late november (off to surfers for schoolies!) would be awesome for me. so my vote will go to november. i missed out on the last drag day so i really wanna make an appearance at this one. even tho i will be flat out with exams, i can spare one day i'm sure!

#42 _user asked to be removed_

_user asked to be removed_
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2006 - 09:16 PM

I didnt make it last time, but I hope to god I can make it this time, I couldn't imagine how cool it was last time

#43 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2006 - 09:41 PM

The morning of the drags, I was given doctors orders to go home and rest. Nothing short of hospitalisation will stop me from going this time. If worst comes to worst, I'll call heath and tell him which hospital to pick me up from.

#44 _Oldn64_

_Oldn64_
  • Guests

Posted 20 May 2006 - 03:14 AM

The morning of the drags, I was given doctors orders to go home and rest. Nothing short of hospitalisation will stop me from going this time. If worst comes to worst, I'll call heath and tell him which hospital to pick me up from.

not sure risking your health is actually worth a day event, there will be others... trust me I learnt this one first hand and very quickly... I am still sore from the lesson....

Cheers

#45 _MAWLER_

_MAWLER_
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2006 - 04:35 PM

I voted for October but there are no promises coming from me either. Money will be in short supply for me over the next 6 months so it'll virtually be either springnats or drag day for me, not both. I'm certainly keen as hell to go and have my first run down the strip but I am also by no means a definate starter yet.

Peace,

#46 _chevy_253_torana_

_chevy_253_torana_
  • Guests

Posted 06 June 2006 - 02:38 PM

YES FINALLY AN EVENT NEAR ME!!!! let me know when the heathcoate drag days gonna happen please as i am very keen on driving my pride and joy down even if shes a bit rough aroudn the edges :D and like heath maybe race it down the track wont be anything special for now but for the fun of it :D heath did you find out anymore about the l platers down the strip also what month are we talking about this event occuring????

THANKS CHEVY

#47 _TORANR AMORE_

_TORANR AMORE_
  • Guests

Posted 22 June 2006 - 08:22 PM

24 people have voted and I'm sure others will attend anyway, are we any closer to organising a date for this?

#48 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 27 June 2006 - 03:05 PM

yeah i agree! When we doing this!

#49 _TORANR AMORE_

_TORANR AMORE_
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2006 - 10:43 AM

Looks like November is more popular at the moment.
Here's the Heathcote Raceway calendar:

Posted Image

Do you guys want me to contact them to start organising a date?

#50 _chevy_253_torana_

_chevy_253_torana_
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2006 - 11:08 PM

what would be a good date ???? for everyone in general p.s. everyone here better be going to the holden drags with mark hayes and simon kryger going head to head in austs fastest street toranas

cheers chevy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users