#1 bullitA9X

bullitA9X

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 16 July 2010 - 08:09 PM

hi les is rare spares going to do the hk heater tap as these things are impossible to find??? they would sell good imho as nearly every one has there heater dummied up to look like they work!!!

#2 _sstorana_

_sstorana_
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2010 - 09:49 PM

hi les is rare spares going to do the hk heater tap as these things are impossible to find??? they would sell good imho as nearly every one has there heater dummied up to look like they work!!!

Is that the one in the engine bay, under the heater box?? I was asked about doing those as well.. Trying to get a good sample is proving the problem..

cheers
Mick

#3 bullitA9X

bullitA9X

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 16 July 2010 - 10:24 PM

Is that the one in the engine bay, under the heater box?? I was asked about doing those as well.. Trying to get a good sample is proving the problem..

cheers
Mick

hi mick the tap bolts on to the side of the heater box i will take a picture of the tap and post it up for you to look at i have got a couple and they both leak through the centre shaft they are near impossible to find not leaking or the end that the hose goes on is usualy corroded away

Edited by bullitljv8, 16 July 2010 - 10:25 PM.

#4 _sstorana_

_sstorana_
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2010 - 10:51 PM

cheers
Mick

hi mick the tap bolts on to the side of the heater box i will take a picture of the tap and post it up for you to look at i have got a couple and they both leak through the centre shaft they are near impossible to find not leaking or the end that the hose goes on is usualy corroded away

no probs
I was thinking of the little rubber teat (for want of a better word) on the bottom of the heater box.

cheers
Mick

#5 bullitA9X

bullitA9X

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 16 July 2010 - 10:52 PM

here ya go mick

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#6 _sstorana_

_sstorana_
  • Guests

Posted 16 July 2010 - 10:56 PM

here ya go mick

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

mmm.. interesting item. I can see why they would need replacing..

cheers
Mick

#7 bullitA9X

bullitA9X

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 July 2010 - 12:30 PM

mmm.. interesting item. I can see why they would need replacing..

cheers
Mick
[/quote]

yeah mick not a good design but what can you do if you want original you have to have it

#8 _Ozzie Picker_

_Ozzie Picker_
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2010 - 07:20 PM

i,ve got a few good ones,

but as you say they are impossible to get,i get heaps of poeple wanting them,so reproduction would be a hot seller.

#9 _les_

_les_
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2010 - 01:25 PM

I will have a sample tomorrow, from your pictures they do not look too difficult, if we can make the XY one them we should be able to make this one
Les

#10 _l31m21vd69_

_l31m21vd69_
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2010 - 05:35 PM

I will have a sample tomorrow, from your pictures they do not look too difficult, if we can make the XY one them we should be able to make this one
Les

Cost v how much money Rares can make. Can't see Rares making them.

#11 bullitA9X

bullitA9X

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 18 July 2010 - 08:01 PM

i,ve got a few good ones,

but as you say they are impossible to get,i get heaps of poeple wanting them,so reproduction would be a hot seller.

Hi 73BATHXU1HTBATH350 do they leak down the centre shaft though?? as they may look good but connect hose end to some air and put in water they usualy leak and you will see bubbles through the centre shaft i have tried so many that look good only to find this so unless you have had the heater tap connected and working there is a 98% chance it will leak down the centre shaft i have my heater tap on my hk monaro dummied up to look like it works but our trip to warwick qld this year for the monaro nationals i thought i would get it working properly for the kids well what a headache its turning out to be

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users