• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts
  • Name:Tony
  • Car:LX hatch, LX sedan

Posted 07 August 2010 - 02:50 PM

Hi
I am trying to install VX SS fronts seats into my LX sedan
Will need help latter for the back as well but trying to fit fronts first

People have told me they bolt straight in, well the front bolts do not line up and the rear mounts are completely

wrong

What do i do
All help will be welcomed, as i not that mechanically minded

see pictures
Posted Image

Posted Image

The 2 babys
Posted Image

#2 _LH SLR 3300_

_LH SLR 3300_
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2010 - 06:35 PM

Hi Tony. If i were doing this mod to my car, i would fit the mounts from the LX seats to the VX ones. The seat base/rails unbolt from the VX seat squabs easily enough, grind off the rear brackets so your left with a flat rail each side. The LX mounts are riveted onto the rails, grind the rivets off & the mounts will come off. Some carefull measuring of the mounting points on the LX floorpan transfer measurements over to the VX seat base & then weld the LX mounts to it. If you aren't profitiant (spelling?) with a MIG welder, self tapper the mounts to the base so all you need is to find someone to weld them. I'd offer but unfortunately i don't own a MIG welder. I hope this makes sense, i'm hopeless at trying to explain things in text. In any case, i watched my boss's son do this to fit Recaros to his LX hatch & it worked for him. Cheers Matt

#3 ls2lxhatch

ls2lxhatch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,332 posts
  • Car:LX Hatch

Posted 07 August 2010 - 06:50 PM

I replaced the factory rails with Recaro rails and made up some adaptor plates. The cheapest aftermarket seat rail is the Autotechnica 639F from REPCO.

The rear pillars are bolted to the plate using countersunk high tensile bolts. The front pillars are welded to the plate and then tapped. The plates were designed so holes can be cut in the carpet and the carpet fitted over the pillars before the rails are bolted on. I plan to use Dynamatt on the floor which is about the same thickness as the plate so the carpet will be flat.

Posted Image

Recaro 0.70.9NT rails mounted on adaptor plates with new seat adjuster hoop

Posted Image

The factory mount bolts on the Monaro seats at the rear are further apart than the front bolts. I have removed the factory mount bolts. The rear bolts have been replaced with countersunk bolts. The front bolt screws into the adaptor plate and will attach to the Recaro rails. The rear bolt for the Recaro rails is tapped into the adaptor plate. Nylock nuts are used to attach the seat to the Recaro rails.

Posted Image

When the seats are in my driving position the rails and adjuster hoop are hidden by the seat.

Posted Image

There are some pictures and dimesions of the other types of seat rails I looked at using to mount the seats on this page of my website.

#4 tsn007

tsn007

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts
  • Name:Tony
  • Car:LX hatch, LX sedan

Posted 08 August 2010 - 07:03 PM

thanks guys

I let you know how i go

#5 Neils LX

Neils LX

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,074 posts
  • Name:a

Posted 10 August 2010 - 09:38 AM

That would be sweet as i bought a VT wagon for parts and i want to fit the seats into my torana as well.

#6 DanWA

DanWA

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,440 posts
  • Car:LS1 LX 4 Door

Posted 24 August 2010 - 11:54 PM

would this be the same for VE seats?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users