Fiberglass bonnets with molded scoop

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#26 _Kush_

_Kush_
  • Guests

Posted 16 September 2010 - 07:45 PM

Flicking through Just Parts magazine. Hornet composites (03 59643761) sell sell pretty much all the fibreglass panels you can get. I dunno what the quality is like though. Anyone bought flares or anything from them? They've got the reinforced bonnets, so the ad says...

#27 _Kush_

_Kush_
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2010 - 07:11 PM

Hey Gunmetal LH, thanks for posting the info on those grooves in the bonnet. I was gonna smooth them over, but not now. I was under my car today and noticed there is one under the chassis rail a few inches back from the radiator support panel. It's only on the driver side though. Is it supposed to be there?

#28 _Gunmetal LH_

_Gunmetal LH_
  • Guests

Posted 17 September 2010 - 11:59 PM

Not sure about that one? Will have to have a look...

I do know on commodores there's a couple of waves/lumps in the metal on the inside of the chassis rails as part of the crumple zone. Could be something like that?

#29 _kristy05_

_kristy05_
  • Guests

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:09 PM

Hey guys i have just brought myself a flare kit form this place called fibersports and dont know if any one has heard of them but they have farly big workshop and make a large range of kits. I have just fitted the A9X kit to my car and it fits nicely and there quailty is great. I brought the whole kit and fittings for $600.

While i was at the workshop i was talking the the guys there and they showed me there fiberglass bonnets that they make. I was looking at molding the scoop to the bonnet and asking them how i go about it ? They said to me that if there was enough deman for them they would be happy to make up a mould. Now i thought what better place to find this out but on this forum? I dont know how it goes with rego and stuff but they make alot of holden bonnets for VT,VY,VX An up side they were telling me is that the weight from a standed bonnet goes from 22kg down to 7-8kg which i know for the drag guys every bit counts?
So just wont to see what people think about this cause i am more than happy to donate my bonnet for the mouldPosted Image Posted Image

#30 _kristy05_

_kristy05_
  • Guests

Posted 24 October 2010 - 09:37 PM

Bought parts off Fibresports and even raider industries before what a joke, I have found in the past most fibreglassers are full of bs they tell you what you want to hear just to get your dollars. it is very hard for any business to get approval for replacement panels these days not to mention exspensive and and time consuming, as you have to get many test panels passed before approval is even considered. and even then when it is done and passed the fibreglasser can cheapen the product. All glass panels should be made out of a 600 to 900 csm double bias woven roving layer sandwiched in between one layer (one below one on top ) of a minumum of 450 gram chopped strand matting. As for Hornet composites there is a reason his parts are cheap, they are crap and should not be in the marketplace, places like raider industries, fibreglass replacement panels, and hornet composites should really either learn how to do it right , or close there doors and get out of the industry , because it gives everyone else a bad name.

#31 _Kush_

_Kush_
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2010 - 06:39 AM

^^^ who do you recommend?

#32 _GREMLIN PERFORMANCE_

_GREMLIN PERFORMANCE_
  • Guests

Posted 31 October 2010 - 04:03 PM

Been dealing with Gremlin Performance at Clontarf over the last couple of months for various things fibreglass. It would be hard pressed to find a more honest bloke in the industry to deal with. And better still does not believe in putting bog in any of his products, everything from torana flares to ve ute lids and more. Good on you Lionel keep up the good work.

#33 _@milco@_

_@milco@_
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2011 - 10:08 AM

Flicking through Just Parts magazine. Hornet composites (03 59643761) sell sell pretty much all the fibreglass panels you can get. I dunno what the quality is like though. Anyone bought flares or anything from them? They've got the reinforced bonnets, so the ad says...

i have been out there and purchased a front spoiler and the quality is superb, he knows his stuff and had a heap of parts out there produced on site, i can highly recommend his work and i will be purchasing a bonnet shortly from him....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users