Photo

Toranafest 2011

• Please log in to reply
403 replies to this topic

#351 _CraigA_

_CraigA_
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:06 PM

Worrying about trophies at a day that raises money for kids with extreme challenges that most of us can only imagine seems petty and completely useless.

If you want a trophy then go arrange one yourself. That way you can put whatever you want on it!!

Bad news about your car Miss LC. I am a closet admirer of HB's as my Aunt (and godmother) had one of them from new in exactly the same colours as yours.

Hope you get it back in the great condition it was last weekend.

#352 Pop's-SS

Pop's-SS

Pops

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,963 posts
  • Name:Barry
  • Car:1976 Mandarin Red SS Hatchback

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:07 PM

First off, to Mel, hope you and your car are back on the road to recovery very soon :spoton:

To anyone who thinks that me getting the "Best Individual Display" trophy was incorrect then let me know and I will mail it to you but not the Bowdens Own car care cleaning kit.

My first Fest was in 2008 and besides the "Best Individual Display" trophy I also won "Best 2-door LX/UC" to which one comment on the forum was "Barry you should be swabbed"

If that drongo is still on the forum then let me know your address and I will mail it to you.

You will always get complaints on who got what trophy and why

The winner of Toranafest is Ronald McDonald House :clap:

If you want to move Toranafest to another location then how about Wallendbeen :blink:
Only 15 minutes up the road from me and you might fit about 100 cars on the cricket oval comfortably :tease:

Nah, Newcastle is the home of Toranafest and the HVTC do an excellent job as we all know :spoton:

As long as my health/wealth allows it, I will always try to get to Toranafest, home of "Torana Heaven" :party:

Regards ... Barry

#353 Ando

Ando

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 519 posts
  • Car:6/'76 L32 SS white & black. 9/'76 L31 SS gold. 5/'77 L31 SS Chamois. 3/'79 UC SL Deluxe hatch.
Garage View Garage

Posted 23 September 2011 - 06:00 AM

I've only been going to TF for the last 3 years & I use the event as the deadline to get improvements done to my car. The positive comments I got this year was very rewarding to me rather than wishing for a trophy.
It's that sort of recognition that "floats my boat" & encourages me to keep going with the on road build & to return next year. The whole event package is on the money in my opinion. From the road trip down from Qld, the Motofarm gathering, the cruise, the BBQ & guest VIPs, the charity, & of course the car show. Congratulations HVTC for all your efforts as it's very much appreciated!!

Regards,
Ando

I've only been going to TF for the last 3 years & I use the event as the deadline to get improvements done to my car. The positive comments I got this year was very rewarding to me rather than wishing for a trophy.
It's that sort of recognition that "floats my boat" & encourages me to keep going with the on road build & to return next year. The whole event package is on the money in my opinion. From the road trip down from Qld, the Motofarm gathering, the cruise, the BBQ & guest VIPs, the charity, & of course the car show. Congratulations HVTC for all your efforts as it's very much appreciated!!

Regards,
Ando

#354 Neils LX

Neils LX

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,074 posts
  • Name:a

Posted 23 September 2011 - 08:26 AM

I came all the way from W.A. i didn;t give a rats who one a trophy i just was in torana heaven and raise money for the kids all goes well i will be back for more next year.
cheers G.

Thats the go, hope you make it next year again. Sure is a long way from WA but would be an awesome road trip.
Did you get pictures with your torrie along the way.

#355 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,128 posts
  • Name:Gene
  • Car:77 HZ Sandman Van

Posted 23 September 2011 - 08:49 AM

I came all the way from W.A. i didn;t give a rats who one a trophy i just was in torana heaven and raise money for the kids all goes well i will be back for more next year.
cheers G.

Thats the go, hope you make it next year again. Sure is a long way from WA but would be an awesome road trip.
Did you get pictures with your torrie along the way.

Na i jumped on a plane neil but you never know i might drive over one year that would be a blast
that would be so much fun it will take a bit of planning and fuel
cheers gene.

#356 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2011 - 10:28 AM

The format for the weekend including the trophy allocation is spot on in my opinion. I certainly dont hear any gripes from the QTCC in that respect.

The offer is always there to assist the HVTC with whatever they want assistance with. Just ask :)

And Mel, I hope you are feeling a bit better today than you were last night. As I have already said, the club is here to help, likewise with the forum and it seems with the offers so far the little blue beast will be back on the road in no time.

#357 _MISS LC_

_MISS LC_
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2011 - 12:48 PM

gday all,havent been on here in a while but i would like to say... another brillaint toranafest..congrats to the organisers and volunteers.

just a comment regarding sponsors choice..

ive been a sponsor for the last few years.....i must say i enjoy judging by doing the float my boat rule.

its still not what i would call simple as i am into original and radically modified as well as all in between.

this year i was given the task of doing lx....damn it was a hard decision to pick 2 toranas that floated my boat..the quality and quantity of lx by themselves was staggering.

next year i want to do something simple like hb or uc...

miss lc..im sorry to hear about your hb as i was admiring the little torrie at the fest..if you need a new old stock rear beaver i believe i have one hanging on the wall...

cheers to all the entrants of toranafest your all winners..greg..classic oz wreck

Hey thanks for the offer, I rang the smash repairer cause he said yesterday we may struggle so find a replacement one
So I'll let you know when he rings me back if it's required. Thanks heaps again, I'm still pretty devastated but at the end
Of the day it could have been much worse. Cheers , MISS LC

#358 r2160

r2160

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts
  • Name:Glenn
  • Car:2/71 LC GTR, 4/71 LC 4 'S'

Posted 23 September 2011 - 01:12 PM

I went Toranafest for the first time on Sunday. I didn't even know there were trophies lol. What I saw was a fabulous array of different cars, many of which were changed to suit the owner. Isn't that what owning a car of this kind is about?

I am restoring my torana as a tribute to a relative. That is what it represents to me.

I have been involved in a number of different things where the hunt for a trophy/badge/prize overrided the participation and fairplay that the event is supposed to represent.

Having said that, I guess if you are going to have trophies, maybe a modified and unmodified class might be a change perhaps?

I did however enjoy the day and I got to see many cars that I have only read about. That was the best part.

Next year I will hopefully drive there and participate!!

Also a note to possible sponsors. I took great interest in the stands that were there. Owning a car of this vintage means that finding parts is sometimes difficult. I never knew that Muscle car parts in Moorebank had so many things available and Shannons already rock (best insurance company I have ever dealt with).

Maybe next year, more sponsors that are able to help us to restore/modify/maintain these cars can also participate. It tells us who you are and helps a worthy cause.

cheers
Glenn

Edited by r2160, 23 September 2011 - 01:14 PM.

#359 _nial8r_

_nial8r_
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2011 - 02:26 PM

gday all,havent been on here in a while but i would like to say... another brillaint toranafest..congrats to the organisers and volunteers.

just a comment regarding sponsors choice..

ive been a sponsor for the last few years.....i must say i enjoy judging by doing the float my boat rule.

its still not what i would call simple as i am into original and radically modified as well as all in between.

this year i was given the task of doing lx....damn it was a hard decision to pick 2 toranas that floated my boat..the quality and quantity of lx by themselves was staggering.

next year i want to do something simple like hb or uc...

miss lc..im sorry to hear about your hb as i was admiring the little torrie at the fest..if you need a new old stock rear beaver i believe i have one hanging on the wall...

cheers to all the entrants of toranafest your all winners..greg..classic oz wreck

Hey thanks for the offer, I rang the smash repairer cause he said yesterday we may struggle so find a replacement one
So I'll let you know when he rings me back if it's required. Thanks heaps again, I'm still pretty devastated but at the end
Of the day it could have been much worse. Cheers , MISS LC

Yep much, much worse for the twat that got a birds eye view of the bum of your Torana :shoot: :shoot: :shoot:

#360 _rob350hatch_

_rob350hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2011 - 02:31 PM

[quote name='Big T' timestamp='1316737717' post='622828']
The format for the weekend including the trophy allocation is spot on in my opinion. I certainly dont hear any gripes from the QTCC in that respect.

T i heard a rumour that you approached mick in regard to the most alcohol consumed trophy :ZZZ: lol

#361 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2011 - 03:52 PM

^ bah, there are lots of rumours floating around about what I might or might not over said over two days of drunken yaahoo'ing. Asking for a trophy from Mick is actually quite credible although I dont remember doing it (no surprises there though hehehehehe).

#362 _GTR_069_

_GTR_069_
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2011 - 04:26 PM

Mick and HVTC, sat on fence watching the this topic since coming home, resaon for sitting no time to post put been loving the pics rolling in,

The event you cant beat it for an event, the orgainisation is second to none, professional and well thought out, the lay out is a great to wonder through a mix of modified and genuine cars, the weekend yes the best part its a weekend, love the fact that theres something on all weekend, Im a local but I think its great to support and host all the inter state entrants with a special weekend for coming the distance, hence why they come, nothing worse then driving miles for a day event then jump in car and go home

As for atmosphere you cant bet it, the weekend is all about enjoying each others car, company and chatting Toranas and talking shit.

ONE BIG BONUS SO MANY FORGET - OUR PASSION AND HOBBY HELPS SICK CHILDREN AND THERE FAMILIES, My company does so much already for Childrens hospitals but to see something that my hobby can help and support makes me even prouder, I for one have seen the toll this can do to familes when there chldren are sick, the money we raise helps so many familes, if my entry fee and support can help one kid have a smile thats my job done

As for me, a trophy will never beat someone saying nice ride, or folk coming over and taking pics, now my ride well its Dads ride, his pride and joy, I am just the caretaker passing on the passion, at the end of the day a trophy is just a cherry on top, but as i said the real reward can never be more then the help we give

Mick and HVTC, maybe orgainise some kids and families one year to pop down, this will help some selfish soles remember what the money is for,

At the end of the day guys Toranafest a gathering of great cars and great people,

Finally this year I bought a mate along, a Ford mate, he has been to many GT nationals all over, he has never seen anything like Toranafest, 92 cars on a Saturday arvo cruise, they never get that at a national event, nor do they get the atmosphere Toranafest creates, he was very impressed, funny enough he even said he would park a Hatch in his shed, wow wish Dad was here for them words.

Mick WELL DONE AND HATS OFF TO YOU AND THE MANY HELPERS, BOOK ME IN AGAIN THANKS FOR THE GREAT EVENT

GTR 069

#363 r2160

r2160

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts
  • Name:Glenn
  • Car:2/71 LC GTR, 4/71 LC 4 'S'

Posted 23 September 2011 - 05:45 PM

Actually, thats a good idea. What about next year, organise a "super cruise" through Newcastle on saturday afternoon, and invite the kids and parents staying at Ronald Macdonald house along. Maybe a bbq afterwards for tea.

cheers
Glenn

#364 _2ELCS_

_2ELCS_
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:11 PM

Mick and HVTC, sat on fence watching the this topic since coming home, resaon for sitting no time to post put been loving the pics rolling in,

The event you cant beat it for an event, the orgainisation is second to none, professional and well thought out, the lay out is a great to wonder through a mix of modified and genuine cars, the weekend yes the best part its a weekend, love the fact that theres something on all weekend, Im a local but I think its great to support and host all the inter state entrants with a special weekend for coming the distance, hence why they come, nothing worse then driving miles for a day event then jump in car and go home

As for atmosphere you cant bet it, the weekend is all about enjoying each others car, company and chatting Toranas and talking shit.

ONE BIG BONUS SO MANY FORGET - OUR PASSION AND HOBBY HELPS SICK CHILDREN AND THERE FAMILIES, My company does so much already for Childrens hospitals but to see something that my hobby can help and support makes me even prouder, I for one have seen the toll this can do to familes when there chldren are sick, the money we raise helps so many familes, if my entry fee and support can help one kid have a smile thats my job done

As for me, a trophy will never beat someone saying nice ride, or folk coming over and taking pics, now my ride well its Dads ride, his pride and joy, I am just the caretaker passing on the passion, at the end of the day a trophy is just a cherry on top, but as i said the real reward can never be more then the help we give

Mick and HVTC, maybe orgainise some kids and families one year to pop down, this will help some selfish soles remember what the money is for,

At the end of the day guys Toranafest a gathering of great cars and great people,

Finally this year I bought a mate along, a Ford mate, he has been to many GT nationals all over, he has never seen anything like Toranafest, 92 cars on a Saturday arvo cruise, they never get that at a national event, nor do they get the atmosphere Toranafest creates, he was very impressed, funny enough he even said he would park a Hatch in his shed, wow wish Dad was here for them words.

Mick WELL DONE AND HATS OFF TO YOU AND THE MANY HELPERS, BOOK ME IN AGAIN THANKS FOR THE GREAT EVENT

GTR 069

Whole heartedly agree with every thing you said, especially the part about the trophys.

This is the first time i have entered a car at Toranafest,and i have nothing but praise for Mick and all the member's of the HVTC for their organisation and hospitality at this event.

Thank you also to all the visiters and entrants for their appreciation and comments,the car had a lot of lookers but no body touched it.

A top weekend

Wayne

#365 _sunburst73-xu1_

_sunburst73-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:24 PM

Hey Wayne
It was good to catch up with you on Saturday before the cruise.Mate you have done an awsome job on your car,you should be proud of it.Good to hear that no one touch your car.Thats my biggest fear and thats why I have mine roped off,geeze I even get nervous when some little kid come along with there parents and touch the rope.Don't know if sounds stupid but I do.
cheers Dane

#366 _2ELCS_

_2ELCS_
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2011 - 08:08 PM

T

#367 _nial8r_

_nial8r_
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2011 - 08:22 PM

GTR_069 Posted Image
Posted Today, 04:26 PM

ONE BIG BONUS SO MANY FORGET - OUR PASSION AND HOBBY HELPS SICK CHILDREN AND THERE FAMILIES

:badabing:

#368 _2ELCS_

_2ELCS_
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2011 - 08:36 PM

Thanx for your kind words Dane, its probably not every body's cup of tea, it wasn,t built as a show car,just a driver,its a bit different but im super happy with the way it turned out.

Its been a long ,hard and very frustrating road,but i guess my smile say,s it all.

We all worry about people going near our toys,some don,t appreciate or care about the time and effort that goes into them.

Wayne

#369 _CraigA_

_CraigA_
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2011 - 09:00 PM

It's a top quality car Wayne. I loved the view of your car from the front when we were coming back from the cruise.

All I could see was lots of camber and a big smile!!

And Dane, I don't think anybody would criticize you for the fence around your car. I reckon that's the best restored Torana I have ever seen.

#370 _2ELCS_

_2ELCS_
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2011 - 09:11 PM

Thanx for your help on Saturday night Craig, it proved you can polish a turd......Seriously it looked heaps better for your efforts,thanx bud.

Wayne

#371 _sprintmaster_

_sprintmaster_
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2011 - 05:26 AM

Yes Wayne top job mate! when my friend and i met you early Saturday morning at the motel we loved what you have done to the car
the silver and green looked awsum! I liked how you had cleaverly positioned the CD stereo system.Hope to catch up again next year

#372 _LXSS350_

_LXSS350_
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2011 - 06:37 AM

http://www.ozshowcars.com/tor11.htm

#373 _rob350hatch_

_rob350hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2011 - 08:08 AM

Actually, thats a good idea. What about next year, organise a "super cruise" through Newcastle on saturday afternoon, and invite the kids and parents staying at Ronald Macdonald house along. Maybe a bbq afterwards for tea.

cheers
Glenn

a pearler of an idea the kids would be talking about for weeks and weeks.
maybe a saturday morning event/kids cruise and a bbq lunch(or maccas supplying for the kids).then some time to pack up before we head off on the sat arvo cruise.

#374 _CraigA_

_CraigA_
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2011 - 08:58 AM

Agree, what a great idea Glenn.

What about taking them on the cruise and then arranging something like a jumping castle at the other end?

#375 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 24 September 2011 - 10:42 AM

I think that it's a top idea!!
Just have ti be VERY careful about any legal/insurance ramifications.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users