WELCOME TO THE RARE SPARES DISCUSSION FORUM

• Please log in to reply
247 replies to this topic

#51 _les_

_les_
  • Guests

Posted 25 December 2009 - 09:53 AM

G'day Les
was just wondering is there any plans to put up a cable conversion for the LJ torana using the later bell housing
Regards Phillip

Hi Philip
The answer is no
Les

#52 _jay79_

_jay79_
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2010 - 10:29 PM

Hi Les are rare spares planning on making a parcel shelf rust repair section
for a LC-LJ torana mine was rusty in the corners and along the rear window

#53 meanmachine72

meanmachine72

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,005 posts
  • Name:Jono

Posted 06 March 2010 - 12:05 PM

hi les
how come the LJ/LC rubbers kits dont have the boot bump stop rubbers(x2) in the kit???
i have heard that hq ones may fit, is that true???
cheers johnno

#54 _les_

_les_
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2010 - 10:43 AM

Hi Les are rare spares planning on making a parcel shelf rust repair section
for a LC-LJ torana mine was rusty in the corners and along the rear window

Jason
It was not something we planned on making but if there is a demand we will look at it
Les

hi les
how come the LJ/LC rubbers kits dont have the boot bump stop rubbers(x2) in the kit???
i have heard that hq ones may fit, is that true???
cheers johnno

Johnno
Johnno
The reason there are now bummer rubbers in the kit is because we do not make them.
As far as the HQ ones go they are a different part number to the LC LJ ones and I do not know if they fit or not. We have many types of bumper rubbers and one of them may fit if anyone has a sample I can compare them
Les

#55 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2010 - 07:58 PM

ETA on the door belts? I think there is still 3 weeks to go.

#56 _studricho_

_studricho_
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2010 - 03:48 AM

Hi Les,

I having issues with my Bailey channel rubbers that I have installed years ago. I'm having major issues with window alignment.

It's like the rubber is too thick.

Either I was supplied with the wrong type or I mucked up the installation.

It's a UC coupe and from the website I need a RBC1016 Bailey Channel Rubber.

Have these rubbers change over the last 3-5 years by any chance?

Is there a special way to install the rubbers as this is one of the most frustrating part of my car and I'm tempted to part with for this reason.

#57 _les_

_les_
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2010 - 01:52 PM

Hi Les,

I having issues with my Bailey channel rubbers that I have installed years ago. I'm having major issues with window alignment.

It's like the rubber is too thick.

Either I was supplied with the wrong type or I mucked up the installation.

It's a UC coupe and from the website I need a RBC1016 Bailey Channel Rubber.

Have these rubbers change over the last 3-5 years by any chance?

Is there a special way to install the rubbers as this is one of the most frustrating part of my car and I'm tempted to part with for this reason.

Hi
Lance Corby is the best person to talk to re fitment his email is [email protected] or by phone 03 93036400. contact him and I am sure he will be able to help
Les

#58 _studricho_

_studricho_
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2010 - 02:46 PM

Your a legend Les. i spoke to Lance and he was very helpful with my issue. i will cut a section from my bailey channel rubber and send it down to him to try and sort this issue out.

I tried that email, but it didn't work. Might be msn thingy bob. I don't like MSN. Would you have his email?

Edited by studricho, 19 March 2010 - 02:47 PM.

#59 _les_

_les_
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2010 - 07:16 PM

Your a legend Les. i spoke to Lance and he was very helpful with my issue. i will cut a section from my bailey channel rubber and send it down to him to try and sort this issue out.

I tried that email, but it didn't work. Might be msn thingy bob. I don't like MSN. Would you have his email?

I left off th .au try this lcorby<at>rsp.net.au

Edit - replace <at> with @ - hopefully that saves some junkmail from being directed the wrong way.
Grant..

#60 _clubspClubsportr8ortr8_

_clubspClubsportr8ortr8_
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2010 - 07:31 PM

Hi Les,i have just purchased some of the front LJ blinker lenses for my 72 XU-1 and went to fit them but the gasket is to small in length as the sides are right but the long length is to short so is this a common problem with the foam shrinking.

Thanks,Jeff.

#61 _BIGCAV_

_BIGCAV_
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2010 - 02:19 PM

hello jeff, im going to look into this right now. ill pm you with the results in a few minutes

#62 308 Sunbird

308 Sunbird

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts
  • Name:Stuart
  • Car:SS Hatch, 308 Sunbird sedan-Improved Prod racer (sold), HZ Kingy wagon

Posted 19 February 2011 - 06:40 PM

Hi Les & Cav,

Although not a huge issue,I thought I should let you know that I was a little disappionted
with the seat belt decals(GM PRESS, PN.SBD1000) perchased recently.The lettering
size difference from original is a shame but close enough, but my gripe is with the chome
lettering itself.Unless they have direct light on them & you look at them at exactly square on
are appear to be plain black.You cannot read decal at all.This is in contrast to the originals
that can be read in near dark & at any angle.

I have bought plenty from Rares over the years & found the quallity & service to be great,
we are all greatfull to you guys.

Thanks Stuart

#63 _hp179block_

_hp179block_
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2011 - 08:05 PM

Hi Les,i have just purchased some of the front LJ blinker lenses for my 72 XU-1 and went to fit them but the gasket is to small in length as the sides are right but the long length is to short so is this a common problem with the foam shrinking.

Thanks,Jeff.

I just got some Indicator gaskets for my LJ and they were a touch too long, rather than being too short. Not sure if the are supposed to be glued down? That was the only way I could get them to stay in place while I fitted the seals.

This isn't a complaint - but, one thing that might be helpful is the inclusion of "installation hints" on the packaging. I got a couple of items in mind as an example (sure there are many others):
1. rear side windows seals from Rare Spares and never knew window sealant is meant to go under seals, so need to take windows out again and remove the rubbers and redo.
2. door rubbers - need to have neoprene (rubber) cement applied at various sections of the door but had to get that info from someone posting copies of the GMH LJ parts Catalogue on the forum

Thanks, John

#64 _The Baron_

_The Baron_
  • Guests

Posted 19 February 2011 - 09:31 PM

"installation hints" on the packaging.
Thanks, John
[/quote]

Great Idea!!

How about links on the RRS WEB site to videos showing how to make it fit correctly? or at least written instuctions.
Particularly with things we are having problems with............we aren't all experts!!!!!!!

Cheers

#65 _BIGCAV_

_BIGCAV_
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2011 - 09:02 AM

online info and videos etc are something we are looking into now as i agree it is a good idea. it will eventually be added onto our new website that we have just developed

hp179block, a few months back i found this same issue out and we have had the stock fixed and had to change manufacturers, im currently sold out now but i am expecting a new batch later on this week so if your after a replacement one let me know your address and ill post some out, i realise you've probably just cut and shut the gasket now but the offers there

Edited by BIGCAV, 21 February 2011 - 09:03 AM.

#66 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,538 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:73 LJ

Posted 21 February 2011 - 09:46 AM

Thanks,Jeff.

G/day Jeff and Cavan

In the past I have found the same problem with the genuine GM LC & LJ front indicator lens gaskets, so maybe there is an issue with the foam shrinking to some extent (if Rares are using the exact same material).

Also if my memory serves me correctly there were two different genuine seals, the soft charcoal coloured foam rubber and a stiffer white foam type material, this may have been a different manufacturer/supplier thing.

Cheers
Dave

#67 _hp179block_

_hp179block_
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2011 - 12:34 PM

online info and videos etc are something we are looking into now as i agree it is a good idea. it will eventually be added onto our new website that we have just developed

hp179block, a few months back i found this same issue out and we have had the stock fixed and had to change manufacturers, im currently sold out now but i am expecting a new batch later on this week so if your after a replacement one let me know your address and ill post some out, i realise you've probably just cut and shut the gasket now but the offers there

Thanks for the info and the offer. In the end I just put a dab of super glue onto the indicator housing and that held it while I placed the lenses over it.

#68 _jd1973_

_jd1973_
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2011 - 10:17 PM

I recently bought a 4 speed linkage set and find that the trunon doesn't fit into the lever, and the Clamp piece (black plastic) doesnt fit easily over the lever, it like the lever part is too thick. I can bend Clamp but I'm concerned it will break or not operate properly as it sits awkwardly in position. Had my first look at it tonight and notice I also need c shaped retainers which don't come in kit either. Just not my night! I don't mind modifying bits but paying $150+ for a kit I'd expect it to be a little friendlier. Any advice anyone can offer would be good.

#69 _BIGCAV_

_BIGCAV_
  • Guests

Posted 04 April 2011 - 04:32 PM

JD1973 i have had a look at the kit and found the problem, my one here in stock has too small a diametre hole in the lever, sometimes the laser cutter can be a little off when cutting threw such thick material, a round file fixed this up for mine but im getting stock fixed now too

the plastic clip is ok, yes the tangs arnt parrallel and flare open a small bit they work without any issue

the G clips i cant explain why you dont have any? but please send me a PM with your address and i will post out replacement clips and a modified lever straight away

#70 its Paul

its Paul

Formerly lx8vd77

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts
  • Name:Paul
  • Car:LXSS, VUSS, VESSv & the mighty HB

Posted 04 April 2011 - 06:54 PM

Good on ya Cav, great service, JD would have to be happy with that, Your not a bad bloke for a ford fella. :Buddy:

#71 _BIGCAV_

_BIGCAV_
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2011 - 09:11 AM

nobodys perfect i suppose paul lol

#72 _jd1973_

_jd1973_
  • Guests

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:48 PM

Glad to know I'm not going mad, I've bought heaps of parts from Rare Spares and it amazes me how good the parts are, for cars approaching 40 years to be able to buy parts to bring these cars back up to their former glory is awesome. Thanks Cav for the help!

#73 _sting_

_sting_
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2011 - 07:54 PM

Hi les i have just found out you doing the ss console soon whats the time frame you are looking at having them ready , also how much are they going to go for also what will come complete.

cheers sting

#74 hanra

hanra

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,831 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Car:1975 LH SL/R 5000, 1967 Morris Cooper S, E36 BMW, Toyota Corolla, Isuzu DMax

Posted 18 July 2011 - 09:13 PM

I just wish they would also do an LH flip lid console!!!!!

#75 _Ozzie Picker_

_Ozzie Picker_
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2012 - 05:32 PM

I must give Rare Spares a big thankyou,

Should have done it a while back,bought a HK monaro hoodlining,had it fitted,and i have to say it is perfect.

Held the RSP product next to my factory hoodlining,and the grain is so good i couldn,t pic the difference,had it fitted by a friend that is an upholsterer,and it is tight as,and fitted exacly right.

Keep the good products coming.

cheers craig.

cheers craig.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users