Fire away boys and girls

#2 Toranavista

Toranavista

'Let There Be Rock' 1977

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 02 May 2006 - 10:21 PM

Still think the battery sheet metal in the LH/LX range would be popular.
Posted Image

Also these battery retainers are hard to come by and suit most models. I eventually tracked one down but could do with two more.
Posted Image

#3 _trav_

_trav_
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2006 - 10:35 PM

V8 alternator brackets for aircons..hard to come by...maybe im just not looking in the right spot

trav

#4 racean69

racean69

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • Name:Rod
  • Car:LH sedan

Posted 03 May 2006 - 07:03 AM

I too would like to see battery sheet metal for LH/LX

#5 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,309 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 May 2006 - 07:58 AM

Battery tray for LH/LX

#6 _kangur_

_kangur_
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2006 - 02:37 PM

I'll second that LH/LX battery tray motion ,its one of the first places they rust and most of them have it.

#7 _les_

_les_
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2006 - 03:37 PM

Still think the battery sheet metal in the LH/LX range would be popular.

Also these battery retainers are hard to come by and suit most models. I eventually tracked one down but could do with two more.

Ok I got the message I have put an RFQ (request for quote) on the LH LX battery repair section, which starts the ball rolling towards manufacture as long as the figures add up. As for the clip for the battery clamp we hope to make the complete battery hold down and the clip will be apart of them.
Les

#8 _les_

_les_
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2006 - 03:42 PM

V8 alternator brackets for aircons..hard to come by...maybe im just not looking in the right spot

trav

Trav
We do have an alternator bracket to suit LH LX V8 I do not know if they fit air con vehicles maybe someone here can tell us if they fit
Les

#9 Dangerous

Dangerous

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 04:19 PM

LH/LX Toranas are prone to rusting the bottom front inner corners (open the door and look in the bottom corner, under the bottom hinge - the section from where the outer door skin folds over, right up to the first door trim locating hole behind the corner of the door trim). Also, the bottom horizontal section of the doors.

The bottom front corner would be a little difficult to reproduce due to its 3 D shape, but the bottom of the door (the flattish sectioned panel which the door seal runs along) wouldn't be too hard to make. It would be nice if the locating holes for the door seal would be included as well. The parts are the same for the hatch and sedan door, with the hatch door bottom section only needing to be longer.

For LC/LJs, the lower inner front guard panel that sits right behind the front wheels. They have a bad habit of rusting out, and they need to be made accurately to stop dirt and water getting past them and collecting inside the guard.

#10 _the gts_

_the gts_
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2006 - 11:44 AM

The grommet that goes between the steering column and firewall on LH-LX. They always turn to S**t from the hot exhaust. nothing worse than letting the heat in the car on a hot day

Edited by the gts, 04 May 2006 - 11:46 AM.

#11 _lx5008_

_lx5008_
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2006 - 12:35 PM

DEAR LES.

can you see if you can remake a complete A9X im sure you will sell a few lol.

#12 _les_

_les_
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2006 - 06:09 PM

LH/LX Toranas are prone to rusting the bottom front inner corners (open the door and look in the bottom corner, under the bottom hinge - the section from where the outer door skin folds over, right up to the first door trim locating hole behind the corner of the door trim). Also, the bottom horizontal section of the doors.

The bottom front corner would be a little difficult to reproduce due to its 3 D shape, but the bottom of the door (the flattish sectioned panel which the door seal runs along) wouldn't be too hard to make. It would be nice if the locating holes for the door seal would be included as well. The parts are the same for the hatch and sedan door, with the hatch door bottom section only needing to be longer.

For LC/LJs, the lower inner front guard panel that sits right behind the front wheels. They have a bad habit of rusting out, and they need to be made accurately to stop dirt and water getting past them and collecting inside the guard.

We make these for HQ Doors, I will put them on the wish list as well as the inner panels for LC LJ

#13 _les_

_les_
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2006 - 06:12 PM

The grommet that goes between the steering column and firewall on LH-LX. They always turn to S**t from the hot exhaust. nothing worse than letting the heat in the car on a hot day

I have put them on the wish list

#14 _les_

_les_
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2006 - 06:14 PM

DEAR LES.

can you see if you can remake a complete A9X im sure you will sell a few lol.

I will try and have some by Monday

#15 Toranavista

Toranavista

'Let There Be Rock' 1977

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 04 May 2006 - 07:23 PM

Ok my last wish! How about a base for the stove pipe on the Holden V8 motor. Most folk are now running extractors. I know you can weld a piece of water pipe onto the top of the extractor but seems a bit dodgy. I am suggesting a base that can be bolted using the extractor bolt. Would need the piece of pipe connected to a thin strip of metal and then a Y shaped prong. Not sure on demand.

#16 racean69

racean69

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 781 posts
  • Name:Rod
  • Car:LH sedan

Posted 04 May 2006 - 09:22 PM

How about the 6 x rubber cup/grommet thingy's that go under the windscreen cowl stubs on LH (hope that all makes sense), are these avail?

#17 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,309 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 04 May 2006 - 09:31 PM

I think you're saying something in relation to rusting out in the plenum chamber/upper firewalls but I can't picture what you're referring to.

#18 _sstorana_

_sstorana_
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2006 - 10:03 PM

racean69

I believe that you are referring to the ...

Seal Grille, GP 10.307 Pt No: 2823932

and I agree.. these would be a nice addition to the list

cheers
Mick

#19 Bart

Bart

Shit a brick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,559 posts
  • Car:LJ Torana

Posted 05 May 2006 - 12:22 AM

Hi Les
I really think LJ/LC 2 door door skins and or entire door shell would be bloody great, its hard to find good doors for a 2 door and if you find them theyre boged to the shit house and rusted most of the time :cry:
Anyway see what you can do mate.
Another thing, did you know in the USA they are doing reproduction 1968 Camaro entire body shells and fender/quarters?? :D wink wink hehehe just thought i would say that

Edited by Bart, 05 May 2006 - 12:22 AM.

#20 _les_

_les_
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2006 - 07:04 PM

Ok my last wish! How about a base for the stove pipe on the Holden V8 motor. Most folk are now running extractors. I know you can weld a piece of water pipe onto the top of the extractor but seems a bit dodgy. I am suggesting a base that can be bolted using the extractor bolt. Would need the piece of pipe connected to a thin strip of metal and then a Y shaped prong. Not sure on demand.

I will add it to the list but I am a bit doubtful it will go ahead.

#21 _les_

_les_
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2006 - 07:15 PM

How about the 6 x rubber cup/grommet thingy's that go under the windscreen cowl stubs on LH (hope that all makes sense), are these avail?

Mick is correct they are part number 2823932 and I am sure I have seen them somewhere or at least something that looks very close. Are they made of rubber or plastic and does anyone have a sample
Les

#22 _les_

_les_
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2006 - 07:19 PM

Hi Les
I really think LJ/LC 2 door door skins and or entire door shell would be bloody great, its hard to find good doors for a 2 door and if you find them theyre boged to the shit house and rusted most of the time :cry:
Anyway see what you can do mate.
Another thing, did you know in the USA they are doing reproduction 1968 Camaro entire body shells and fender/quarters?? :D wink wink hehehe just thought i would say that

If we had the population of the US those door skins would not be a problem maybe even door shells, I will add them to the list and we will see what happens.
Les

#23 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,309 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 05 May 2006 - 07:43 PM

If we had the population of the US those door skins would not be a problem maybe even door shells,

That's what its all about ey. The size of the market here just isn't comparable...

think of it another way; if we did have a huge population then there would be more demand for everything we want.... and the prices would skyrocket :rolleyes:

#24 smeer

smeer

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts
  • Car:1970 LC 4-door

Posted 05 May 2006 - 07:48 PM

If there were more of them around (hence, more demand) then they wouldn't be so special.

Edited by smeer, 05 May 2006 - 07:49 PM.

#25 _les_

_les_
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2006 - 07:58 PM

If we had the population of the US those door skins would not be a problem maybe even door shells,

That's what its all about ey. The size of the market here just isn't comparable...

think of it another way; if we did have a huge population then there would be more demand for everything we want.... and the prices would skyrocket :rolleyes:

Actually the more demand means that the tooling can be amortised over a greater number the therefore the price would be cheaper. If the tooling cost $10,000.00 for a part and you expect to sell 1000 then before you start the part has cost $10.00, but if you expect to sell 10,000 then the initial cost is $1.00

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users