LX SLR Front Spoiler fitment

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 _AquaSLR5000_

_AquaSLR5000_
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2010 - 07:00 PM

Hi, can someone tell me how far below the front blinkers the front spoiler should be on an LX SLR. If I know this point I should be able to get my front flares in the correct location.

#2 76lxhatch

76lxhatch

That was easy!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,158 posts
  • Car:SS
Garage View Garage

Posted 28 November 2010 - 07:28 PM

Kind of depends on the quality of the spoiler, some have more cut away at the edge than others. As a starting point I go with having the two centre/top tabs (where the two halves meet) flush with the edge of the nose panel, hopefully that makes sense? Then go from there as to what looks straightest and fits closest to the body.

#3 GML-31

GML-31

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts
  • Name:Kev
  • Car:too many

Posted 28 November 2010 - 07:33 PM

normal position for front spoiler is to leave a approx 12mm space below grill where the chrome smiley face strip was on the LH

Attached File  102_2942.jpg   167.83K   44 downloads

Blow the pic up you will see what I mean, car on left is an A9X and one on right is my old LX 5000

Edited by GML-31, 28 November 2010 - 07:37 PM.

#4 _AquaSLR5000_

_AquaSLR5000_
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2010 - 07:57 PM

Thanks guys, both bits of info very helpful, I will give it ago and see how it turns out.

Aqua

#5 _lx5008_

_lx5008_
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2010 - 09:10 PM

check my sshatchback pics on photobucket. its yellow and easier to see how the lx front spoiler is fitted. the front spolier didnt look like its ever been off before i took it off. if you get stuck pm me.

cheers graham

Edited by lx5008, 28 November 2010 - 09:11 PM.

#6 _AquaSLR5000_

_AquaSLR5000_
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2010 - 11:06 PM

Thanks Graham, Certainly a source of pics in there. Good stuff, thanks!

#7 _GREMLIN PERFORMANCE_

_GREMLIN PERFORMANCE_
  • Guests

Posted 29 November 2010 - 06:55 AM

Thanks Graham, Certainly a source of pics in there. Good stuff, thanks!

The top of the brake duct holes should fit up against the bottom of the nose cone there really is only one position
area around indicators will differ slightly from spoiler to spoiler.

#8 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,322 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 29 November 2010 - 05:19 PM

Does it still have an LX nosecone or is it an LH unit? The ADRs changed at some point and the indicators sit at a different height consequently, no bullshit.

#9 _AquaSLR5000_

_AquaSLR5000_
  • Guests

Posted 29 November 2010 - 06:12 PM

Thanks to all above for their input, including Ruts who is going to get me some other info once he is off the injured list.
Heath, I have no idea what nose cone it has as it had been replaced at some stage with a NOS one (long time ago). Having said that it would probably be an LX one I suppose. Do you know the differences in the measurements?

#10 Ruts

Ruts

How Fast!?

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,118 posts
  • Car:Blown A9X replica, Black SS hatchback, LH SLR5000

Posted 29 November 2010 - 08:23 PM

Does it still have an LX nosecone or is it an LH unit? The ADRs changed at some point and the indicators sit at a different height consequently, no bullshit.

Heath is correct here. The early LH's had a different nose panel with the front blinkers mounted much lower to the point where the spoiler sat snug against the blinker. The ADR's were later changed to lower the blinkers closer to the ground. Here are some pics of an early L34 front panel.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#11 _AquaSLR5000_

_AquaSLR5000_
  • Guests

Posted 29 November 2010 - 08:49 PM

My blinkers look like they mount in the spot as the L34 photo's above, but there are no Torana badging holes at the top. How much lower were the blinkers lowered from LH to LX.

#12 _SPOILERTEK BODYKITS_

_SPOILERTEK BODYKITS_
  • Guests

Posted 30 November 2010 - 11:12 AM

REPLY BY SPOILERTEK BODYKITS

Hi there

With your help needed for fitment of your front spoiler,
Do you have Flares??
There is 3 different styles avail.
No1... SLR 1 PIECE FRONT SPOILER with returns fitted
No2... SLR 2 PIECE FRONT SPOILER with returns fitted
No3... A9X 1 piece SS style under slung style spoiler

The correct look,you will need ,is to mount the front spoiler paralell to the road ,so this means you will need to lower the front within 2mm from where the indicator cut out is and the nose cone starts to taper under the car,then screw the front tabs on,then go around to the side,if you have our flares they will sit paralell to the road when attached or you can move them to suit the correct alignment of most other brands,this is usually no more than 15-20mm.The advice from GML-31 and Lx5008(20mm-25mm from the edge of the nose is similar in sizing) is great and by there pics sit in the correct spot.Some problems with aftermarket items is that they are copies of copies or just plain old stock items that were never right in the first place so there will always be this problem unless you dael with products that are updated regularly,like ours ,off the original cars, and copied correctly.Be advised that all items will require a small amount of fitting ,(due to every item being hand laid they can vary,) of items fitment before you paint so trial fit EVERYTHING .Hope this helps.

#13 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 30 November 2010 - 06:20 PM

... unless you dael with products that are updated regularly,like ours ,off the original cars, and copied correctly.Be advised that all items will require a small amount of fitting ,(due to every item being hand laid they can vary,) .

Ah were not the original ones plastic? Can not see how hand laid firer can constitute copied correctly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users