- - - - -

My LC GTR Project

• Please log in to reply
211 replies to this topic

#26 _Macka_

_Macka_
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2011 - 08:59 PM

<br />looks great. those wheels will look awesome on the gtr! cant beat the classic sprintmaster look. what offset and width did you get?<br />

<br /><br /><br />

Front and rear are 16x7. Fronts have 4.5 inch backspace and rears have 4 inch back space.

#27 _Macka_

_Macka_
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:02 PM

<br />Would a set of globe caps fit the wheels?<br />

<br /><br /><br />

Not sure but good thought. If you have a set of caps let be know diameter and l will measure against my caps.

#28 GTRXU1

GTRXU1

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 02:55 PM

Link for purchase will measure as I have them on my wide sprintmasters made in NZ, link

#29 _Agent 34_

_Agent 34_
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2011 - 06:32 PM

Damo,

I like the wheels - keen to see how they fit under the car and painted.

#30 _Macka_

_Macka_
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2011 - 06:33 PM

Update

I finished putting the motor back together with new harmonic balancer etc and put in car with no problems. Also put shims in front crossmembers as it didnt have any. Shims and motor certainly changed front wheel geometry and all looks pretty good with new wheels. As you can see from photos front is to high and they are lowered Pedders springs. Still don't have gearbox in car but that is certainly not going to drop it much further. I am going to purchase drop stub axles from Stubtech to get it lower. So now off to mates house on Thursday and we start putting car back together. Very excited now to see it come together.

Attached Files

• Attached File  42.JPG   277.78K   5 downloads
  • Attached File  45.JPG   325.99K   4 downloads
  • Attached File  46.JPG   324.8K   3 downloads

#31 tefa

tefa

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Name:Teflon
  • Car:LX 4 Door SL

Posted 11 July 2011 - 08:01 PM

Looking good! Gee it is sitting high for 2"lowered though ay. I wonder if it will sit a bit lower once the springs have done a bit of work??

#32 _Macka_

_Macka_
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2011 - 06:12 PM

Starting to come together. Bumpers on, tail lights in, headlights and surrounds done, front quarter windows back together and in. Still trying to find some door internal bits to get them finished. Hoodlining now fitted and came up great. Also put new fuel tank in and connected up. Most of rubber kits is fitted. Also fitted up 12V heater/demister that fitted perfectly behind heater control panel.

This week organising for all dash and other wiring to be completed so next weekend we can put down carpet. Hopefully will have sourced door internal bits missing so we can finish off door internals and fit door glass.

Waiting on Reg from Muscle Car Trimmers to send back interior. Hopefully will get this week. Fingers crossed. Once we have interior we can the have front and rear windscreens and rear quarter windows fitted also.

If your wondering what the two marks are on the boot are don't ask. Some idiot learnt a valuable/expensive lesson on using ratchet straps whilst car on trailer!!! P*ssed off as it has just come from paint shop after having the rear changed to GTR spec as it was originally painted in XU-1 spec by the person l purchased it off. So boot is going back to the paint shop now for the third paint job as l also had to have it repainted when l purchased car as the other owner had the XU-1 spoiler on it and l removed it. Could have been worse though because if it wasn't for fold up ramps on the trailer the car would have come off and would have been a very expensive lesson!!

Attached Files

#33 _Agent 34_

_Agent 34_
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2011 - 07:15 PM

Macka,

are they new brake lines ? The ones from the master cylinder to the balancer( not sure the name) to the front and rears. if so can you PM me with the cost you paid to get them done. nice work.

#34 _Broads_

_Broads_
  • Guests

Posted 02 August 2011 - 09:08 PM

Looking good :buttrock: Dig the wheels.

#35 _Macka_

_Macka_
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2011 - 10:25 PM

Over the past couple of weekends have got a bit done. The auto electrician has wired up dash, new 12V demister and has set out most of wiring so won't need to do much there once ready to turn key. Now have carpet in and all dash done. We dry fitted up the Webers and Pacemaker headers. The advice l received from forum members was great and helped greatly. A lot of patience needed though!!! I am ordering new ARP 12 point bolts as it is so tight trying to do up bolts. Also having to get some spacers turned up on lathe this week as bolts alone not wide enough to hold headers and webers. Rear glass in and front goes in tomorrow. Interior nearly finished and should have no later than two weeks. Will do final Webers fit up next weekend and then get radiator in and alternator on. Have now decided to run battery in the boot so will hopefully get that sorted also.

Attached Files

#36 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,102 posts
  • Name:Gene
  • Car:77 HZ Sandman Van

Posted 15 August 2011 - 12:50 PM

Jeez damain i take my hat of to you mate what a great job your doing it aint only going to look good by the sounds of things its goin to go like stink to cant wait to see this one finished.
cheers gene.

#37 _LCG77R_

_LCG77R_
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2011 - 02:24 PM

coming together! well done, looks great!

#38 _Macka_

_Macka_
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2011 - 07:34 PM

Well have had a great day and got a lot done. We wet fiitted the webers today and got all linkages set up. Got alternator, radiator, accelarator cable on also. Put in rear quarter windows so all glass is now in. I wasn't happy with chromed rear tail lights. So mortgaged my house and picked up an immaculate set on Ebay a few weeks ago. Worth every cent as the blackouts look so much better than all chrome and obviously looks more original. Not one bit of pitting in them at all. Will put bonnet and boot on tomorrow and is then ready to go to Melbourne next week. Getting diff shortened to fit new wheels and changing trailing arms so wheels sit more central in wheel arches to accomodate 16's and get low.

Attached Files

• Attached File  55.JPG   182.4K   2 downloads
  • Attached File  53.JPG   235.97K   3 downloads
  • Attached File  54.JPG   195.19K   3 downloads
  • Attached File  56.JPG   199.66K   3 downloads

#39 _Macka_

_Macka_
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2011 - 10:11 PM

Got car mostly back together. Still waiting on interior!!!! Have decided to take to Melbourne now and get the diff shortened on the 9 inch so l can fit the rear wheels. Also putting on adjustable trailing arms so l can move diff back and forward to get optimum position to help with lowering. Back in two weeks and will fit interior, finish off fuel and brake lines and start it up. Also still have to paint black outs on wheels to give the Sprintmaster look. Loaded on trailer and ready to go.

Attached Files

• Attached File  61.JPG   251.81K   6 downloads
  • Attached File  60.JPG   220.29K   4 downloads
  • Attached File  59.JPG   198.28K   3 downloads
  • Attached File  58.JPG   192.54K   3 downloads

#40 _Liam_

_Liam_
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2011 - 10:17 PM

Such a nice car mate. Looking forward to taking it for a spin no doubt?

#41 _Macka_

_Macka_
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:53 PM

<br />Such a nice car mate.��Looking forward to taking it for a spin no doubt?<br />

<br /><br /><br />

Yes can't wait. Build is taking longer than I hoped but will get there soon.

#42 debkar

debkar

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts
  • Car:1971 LC 2 Door

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:30 PM

Hi Macka

Looking good, really nice with the rear spoiler removed,

Regards Simon

Edited by debkar, 30 August 2011 - 07:30 PM.

#43 _Macka_

_Macka_
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2011 - 05:37 PM

I picked up the car today. Had the diff shotened to fit the new wheels. Had adjustable top arms put in also. Definitely sits better now in the wheel arch. I had to compromise and set the wheel back in more because l want to lower it a fair bit. If l had the wheel out towards the guard more l wasn't going to be able to lower very much. Have just measured it up and will lower the rear one and half inches and the from one inch to start. On the rear this will have the guard sitting halfway down the tyre and on the front the guard will be just at the top of the wheel. I also still need to play with castor/camber to try and suck (Yes l don't know what l am talking about) in the wheel at the top. Will now get the inner part of the wheels painted black also. Interior has arrived (Sandalwood) so will get that in now. Getting close but still a lot of small jobs to do.

Attached Files

• Attached File  62.JPG   256.46K   11 downloads
  • Attached File  63.JPG   251.91K   13 downloads

#44 _LJ355_

_LJ355_
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2011 - 06:07 PM

very nice those wheels look awesome will look even better when you paint the black on them :)

#45 Stinga

Stinga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,114 posts
  • Name:Stinga
  • Car:HD Holden ute, and sedan, UC torana

Posted 11 September 2011 - 07:36 PM

car is looking great with the wheels. how did you go with the spacers for the manifold mounting?

#46 _Macka_

_Macka_
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:10 PM

<br />car is looking great with the wheels. how did you go with the spacers for the manifold mounting?<br />

<br /><br /><br />

Yep got some turned up and all good. Only problem is l did the final fit up of webers and then realized l needed to fit the hoses between the Warnford manifolds!! So the have to come off again. Learning experience!

#47 Stinga

Stinga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,114 posts
  • Name:Stinga
  • Car:HD Holden ute, and sedan, UC torana

Posted 11 September 2011 - 09:21 PM

did you just give someone some measurements to have them made? any pics of them?

#48 _Macka_

_Macka_
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2011 - 09:32 PM

<br />did you just give someone some measurements to have them made? any pics of them?<br /><br /><br />

<br /><br /><br />

Yes. I will take some pictures tomorrow night and post them up.

#49 _Macka_

_Macka_
  • Guests

Posted 18 September 2011 - 09:22 AM

<br />did you just give someone some measurements to have them made? any pics of them?<br /><br /><br />

<br /><br /><br />

Yes. I will take some pictures tomorrow night and post them up.

Here you go. Photo of manifold spacers. Also got the grill and front end completed yesterday.

Attached Files

• Attached File  66.JPG   172.58K   2 downloads
  • Attached File  65.JPG   172.8K   2 downloads

#50 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 18 September 2011 - 11:28 AM

Prettyfull

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users