ljv8

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Name:Steve
  • Car:LC GTR

Posted 20 September 2011 - 08:57 AM

Gtr looks fantastic Macka thanks for all the pics and info. My Gtr has just gone to the panel shop, so will kick off a my project thread shortly. Do you have any more info on the 12v heater/demister you used. I'm after one also but most hotrod type heaters need hot water running to them. Could you please let us know where you got it from and the brand/ model? Thanks Steve

#54 _Macka_

_Macka_
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2011 - 08:22 PM

Had a good day today. Put new front stubs on from Stubtech to lower front end. Interior arrived this week from Reg at Muscle Car Motor Trimmers in QLD. Fitted seats up even though l don't have door trims yet. Couldn't help myself but won't take much to take out rear seat to put those in. Really happy with how wheels came up after painting. l think l will get the original "Globe" centres to finish them off.

More pics

Attached Files

• Attached File  68.JPG   179.66K   2 downloads
  • Attached File  69.JPG   182.92K   6 downloads
  • Attached File  70.JPG   217.28K   2 downloads
  • Attached File  78.JPG   168.86K   2 downloads
  • Attached File  73.JPG   160.32K   3 downloads
  • Attached File  74.JPG   178.08K   4 downloads
  • Attached File  76.JPG   188.75K   14 downloads

#55 _mick74lh_

_mick74lh_
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2011 - 08:33 PM

Thats looking absolutely mint. Love that last photo of the side view. The stance is perfect. Did you manage to get the front wheels to not scrub?

#56 Stinga

Stinga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,114 posts
  • Name:Stinga
  • Car:HD Holden ute, and sedan, UC torana

Posted 24 September 2011 - 08:52 PM

looks ace, agree that the stance is perfect

#57 _Macka_

_Macka_
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2011 - 09:58 PM

<br />Thats looking absolutely mint. Love that last photo of the side view. The stance is perfect. Did you manage to get the front wheels to not scrub?<br />

<br /><br /><br />

See my other post!! Yes I have problems but I think I can work them out. I was actually going to lower the rear by 1 inch. I think it will be perfect then. Thoughts?

#58 _Macka_

_Macka_
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2011 - 10:00 PM

<br />Gtr looks fantastic Macka thanks for all the pics and info.��My Gtr has just gone to the panel shop, so will kick off a my project thread shortly.��Do you have any more info on the 12v heater/demister you used.��I'm after one also but most hotrod type heaters need hot water running to them.��Could you please let us know where you got it from and the brand/ model?��Thanks Steve<br />

<br /><br /><br />

12 volt is just from ebay. Plenty of room under dash for it and sits perfectly for window. Also had it wired up to original fan control on centre console.

#59 Stinga

Stinga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,114 posts
  • Name:Stinga
  • Car:HD Holden ute, and sedan, UC torana

Posted 24 September 2011 - 10:59 PM

<br />Thats looking absolutely mint. Love that last photo of the side view. The stance is perfect. Did you manage to get the front wheels to not scrub?<br />

<br /><br /><br />

See my other post!! Yes I have problems but I think I can work them out. I was actually going to lower the rear by 1 inch. I think it will be perfect then. Thoughts?

as long as its not going to scrub... go for it!

#60 _LJ355_

_LJ355_
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2011 - 09:22 AM

looks great i really like the wheels sits perfect

#61 _Macka_

_Macka_
  • Guests

Posted 25 September 2011 - 07:07 PM

A couple of better interior photo's. Frustrating day with front end (See other thread). However getting there and not far from being ready to start it up. Fitted up tailshaft, finished of seat bolts and tried to put front console in. Having trouble with front bolt and assume you must just use a self taper as the gearbox is in the way and you cant put a nut on end of bolt. This week will get standrad height front springs in as have drop stubs in now and hopefully sort out issues with different height of car at front on drivers and passenger side. Removed the rear springs and sending them off to be reset 1.5 inches lower. Hopefully get them back by Friday so l can fit up next weekend. If all goes well will be then ready to go in for muffler, finish off fuel and brake lines, put in hydrolic clutch, fit dizzy and leads and start it up!!!!

Attached Files

• Attached File  86.JPG   160.12K   3 downloads
  • Attached File  87.JPG   151.59K   2 downloads

#62 2600s

2600s

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 25 September 2011 - 08:43 PM

Looks fantastic mate, it's a real credit to you! Posted Image

#63 _LCG77R_

_LCG77R_
  • Guests

Posted 27 September 2011 - 02:21 PM

wow! stunning car !!
well done!:clap:

#64 ljv8

ljv8

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 299 posts
  • Name:Steve
  • Car:LC GTR

Posted 28 September 2011 - 09:59 PM

<br />Gtr looks fantastic Macka thanks for all the pics and info. My Gtr has just gone to the panel shop, so will kick off a my project thread shortly. Do you have any more info on the 12v heater/demister you used. I'm after one also but most hotrod type heaters need hot water running to them. Could you please let us know where you got it from and the brand/ model? Thanks Steve<br />

<br /><br /><br />

12 volt is just from ebay. Plenty of room under dash for it and sits perfectly for window. Also had it wired up to original fan control on centre console.

Oresome thanks Macka.

#65 Bart

Bart

Shit a brick

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,559 posts
  • Car:LJ Torana

Posted 28 September 2011 - 10:14 PM

I thoght they were Long Beach customs but then i went to the start of your thread. Great looking wheels they do look like Sprint masters
Great job

#66 _Macka_

_Macka_
  • Guests

Posted 28 September 2011 - 10:25 PM

Yes I am very happy with them.��Obviously not an exact replica but look very similar.��You can get them from 15's up to 20's.��Only 15's & 16's though with the step lip.

Edited by Macka, 28 September 2011 - 10:32 PM.

#67 _evilsim_

_evilsim_
  • Guests

Posted 30 September 2011 - 05:04 PM

WOW car is looking amazing ... well done.

#68 _Macka_

_Macka_
  • Guests

Posted 08 October 2011 - 07:34 PM

Had a great day and sorting out the suspension/control arms/guard issues. As per other threads l think l have sorted the issue of front wheel sitting out further than the other. Have car off the jack now but still have issues with scrubbing on inner guard with wheels. So now am going to use the Hopper Stoppers P76 discs changeover which will change track by 14mm each side and hopefully with a gentle inner guard roll will solve all my issues. Very happy with rear lowered springs that were reset another 1 1/4 inches lower.

Attached Files

#69 gtrboyy

gtrboyy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,133 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 07:13 PM

Car is is looking very nice!!!!

#70 RBTORY

RBTORY

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Name:Andrew
  • Car:lj 2 door / RB30ET

Posted 10 October 2011 - 08:58 PM

Ride height is perfect and sweet car Macka!!!

#71 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 10 October 2011 - 09:00 PM

yep definitelly one of the best sitting big wheeled little torries i've seen.

Cheers.

#72 _Macka_

_Macka_
  • Guests

Posted 10 October 2011 - 09:27 PM

Thanks for comments. Very happy now wheels are on that l listened to advice from the forum and went for 16's instead of 17's.

#73 _mick74lh_

_mick74lh_
  • Guests

Posted 10 October 2011 - 10:22 PM

The stance is even better now. Perfect. Looks tough as!

#74 _Agent 34_

_Agent 34_
  • Guests

Posted 15 October 2011 - 05:16 PM

Macka - got a cross member here Pm me. It''s a bit far for what you need maybe.. give me a call it's sitting out the side of the house.

#75 _Macka_

_Macka_
  • Guests

Posted 23 November 2011 - 06:51 PM

Well it has been a while and a lot of frustration. Had continual trouble with front drivers side wheel sitting out further or so l thought than the passenger side. As it turns out it was the front guard even though car looks straight as. However l also realized that even with that fixed l still had issues as passenger side was still to close also. So l put a Hoppers Stoppers P76 and HQ calipers conversion kit on and thought l had sorted it out. Turns out not quite as l caught a tyre on the driver side front guard and turned up the front quarter panel!! So walked away for a few weeks to calm down. Then got myself a guard roller. Guard still has some minor imperfections but I will deal with that later. Had the front springs raised a bit and l can now say we are all good. Still not sitting perfectly at the front as l want it (a bit high now for my liking) but at least l can now move the car and the guards are well clear of the tyres. I will be able to drop it back again 5mm or so as the guard roller actually pushed the guard out as well as rolling the inner lip.

So this Friday it is in for exhaust. Then next week it goes in to have the brake and fuel lines finished along with the clutch master cylinder etc finished. Then it will come home on the following Friday and we will run all the braided fuel lines etc and start it up!!. From there it goes for wheel alignment and pre roadworthy inspection. However won't be able to get that signed off until door cards arrive. Still waiting as trimmer is waiting on exact replica of GTR chrome mould from the USA. So fingers crossed l am on the road by Xmas!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users