Photo

Devastating Floods

• Please log in to reply
92 replies to this topic

#51 _Gunmetal LH_

_Gunmetal LH_
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:51 PM

I was pretty worried when the backyard here had 2 inches of water across it a couple of months ago.

I feel like a right ass now...

#52 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,997 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:55 PM

Regardless of politics

#53 enderwigginau

enderwigginau

Admin Wrangler

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000,527 posts
  • Name:Grant
  • Car:76 LX Sedan, 4 seater

Posted 12 January 2011 - 08:59 PM

He's fine AFAIK, I don't think the water would get to his place, he's not to close to the big river.

I'll call if I get a chance.

Grant..

#54 _T0rana_

_T0rana_
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:02 PM

things are pretty crazy here atm alot of the houses are under water and the supermarkets are empty, no bread milk can food fruit n veg or anything petrol stations are running out of fuel
here is afew pics i took in my area my net isnt working properly so ill just post afew for now

Attached Files

#55 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:05 PM

Water is at the end iof my street, power is out and the mobile is useless... Never thought I eould sau it but logan is looking good might go to mums... Anna and cando are gonna win plenty of votes, don't like em but their doing a bloody good job. Possessions can be rewplaced , my sincere condolemces and thoughts go out to anyone who has lost a friend or family member..... Anyone. Needing a hand over the next couple of days, give me a bell 0425300024 happu yo help if I can get there.

#56 _rob350hatch_

_rob350hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:07 PM

tony do you know of any forum members that need places to leave cars spares etc if they were to be affected.i know they cant get into nsw for now anyway but im talking if anyone needs stuff stored till they rebuilt if the worst were to happen.

#57 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:38 PM

Myself and Cruiza are fine guys, the worst appears to be over for us....Though Cruiza must be nearly crazy stuck out at Gracemere....Bet the Gracey pub is making a fortune!!

The worst is everywhere south atm, and more bad to come. Me thinks NSW is gonna cop a bit to, so watch out guys!!

Cheers.

#58 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2011 - 09:48 PM

Rob, I sent an email out to all QTCC members and extended that to forum members who might need assistance. I have about a dozen people who can store cars, have a spare bed and who are willing to assist in anyway on standby. So far so good however the owners of Milton Performance were evacuated with the lower level of their highset in East Brisbane totally flooded and the water is rising to the living areas. Fortunately their cars (Toranas) were moved elsewhere prior to this and they are staying with friends on the Gold Coast. Club members will be called upon to assist them in the clean up in the next week or so.

I would like re-iterate that if anyone on the forum needs a hand help is certainly available from myself and the QTCC. The clean up is going to be massive and we are all ready and willing to assist.

Its freaky and the worst is yet to come......

Sarsha, where were those photos taken?

#59 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2011 - 12:22 AM

This one made my day...the poor little joey was exhausted and just lay there..but he survived..I even stopped to let a brown snake get over the road today...we are not the only ones in trouble.
R
Attached File  Skippy.jpg   63.68K   0 downloads

Edited by rorym, 13 January 2011 - 12:24 AM.

#60 _cruiza_

_cruiza_
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2011 - 06:59 AM

Life in Grace is still as boring as ever trapped nothing to do but go to the pub the only shop has run out of food, hoping that by time the weekend come 2 and a half weeks after it closed the road to town will open so compared to Brisbane and all points south we have nothing to complain about at all just terrible to see what is happening down there

I can't find it but saw a funny photo yesterday a frog riding on the back of a Brown snake swimming in the flood waters

Edited by cruiza, 13 January 2011 - 07:00 AM.

#61 Mort

Mort

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts
  • Name:Mort
  • Car:74 LH SL/R 4.2, 75 LH 4 door 186
Garage View Garage

Posted 13 January 2011 - 09:36 AM

Cruiza, here's your frog photo and here's one for the footy fans if you haven't allready seen it.

Posted Image

Posted Image

It's good to wake up and hear that the water is going down and didn't peak at 5.5m like they we're predicting.I was reading a flood thread on redlinegti.com lastnight and one of the guys (Zuboo) said his GTi Suzuki is under 12m of water and he could see his house on the raidar(fish finder) when they drove over it in a boat, the water was 2m above his roof and it is a highblock house.Link to redlinegti with somemore pics from the floods if anyone is interested http://www.redlinegt...hp?f=8&t=45871.

Mort

#62 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2011 - 02:43 PM

Shite, hold on to your Torana's Brisbanites.

How is Bomber and Cruiza going up in Rocky? No news on that now.

Is Toranamat69 around?

Matt is Brisbane way last time I heard, but seldomly posts on here.

#63 _cruiza_

_cruiza_
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2011 - 04:18 PM

Found some before and after photos of central QLD floods care of NASA

Posted Image

After
Posted Image

#64 enderwigginau

enderwigginau

Admin Wrangler

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000,527 posts

Posted 13 January 2011 - 10:02 PM

Passed on from truckie friends -

Up to 80 trucks r stranded on the side of road in Halfway Ck Nth of Coffs Harbour they're waiting to get thru to Brisbane & may have to wait till Friday before road opens!
Anyone near them pls take them food &drinks.
Some of them keep dogs in their trucks so may need dog food too.

These guy and girls are hard workers stranded far from home, without them, Australia Stops, please help

Grant..

#65 _MRS LH SLR 3300_

_MRS LH SLR 3300_
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2011 - 10:48 PM

Yes they were found apparently safe. The chopper went to get rescue and when they got back they were gone but were found further down

bloody amazing amount of water... did you see the white rav4 in the middle of it with the family on the roof... did they end up saving them or just flying around in their chopper taking video ?

Apparently floodwaters heading into brisbane for wednesday with a high tide.... Wonder what the maximum capacity of Wivenhoe is, considering its already at 140%..

#66 _nos050_

_nos050_
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2011 - 06:44 AM

all thoughts go out to those that are affected by these flood waters hope every one is safe. managed to get hold of brother an law last night which is in postmans ridge.he and all family are safe but tells me what is on telly is nothing is much worse on the ground.

#67 _Woodsy_

_Woodsy_
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2011 - 08:15 AM

Central Coast Convoy For Queensland

#68 _head-butt 1_

_head-butt 1_
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2011 - 05:13 PM

hi my name is tyler im six and i have donated all my old clothes and $300 dollars to flood appeal

#69 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2011 - 06:39 PM

Good on ya Mate!....Lots of people will appreciate it...You're a true Aussie!
R

#70 _cruiza_

_cruiza_
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2011 - 07:31 PM

Well done Tyler

and big news update the southern road into road is open for the first time in two and half weeks

the road is open escape from gracemere is possible

#71 _head-butt 1_

_head-butt 1_
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2011 - 07:40 PM

between me and dad(brocks72xu1) we gave $1000 dollars and clothes and we will be attending harrys cafe wheels on saturday night for the car show to raise more money but dads is broken so we be in another torana
i have to go to bed now

#72 enderwigginau

enderwigginau

Admin Wrangler

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000,527 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 08:11 PM

Off to Ipswich tomorrow to help clean up. Amongst the supplies and gear packed into the car is the most precious of all - a packet of Tim Tams. Beers, cakes and lunch are all well and good, but I know the Tim Tams will go down a treat.

Grant..

#73 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2011 - 08:12 PM

Good on ya Tyler, such a young age to be giving so much !! You get a big thumbs up from me mate :spoton: Your parents must be so proud.

#74 brocks72xu1

brocks72xu1

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 08:25 PM

Good on ya Tyler, such a young age to be giving so much !! You get a big thumbs up from me mate :spoton: Your parents must be so proud.

hi tony
i am so proud of my son for what he has done

cheers grant

#75 _Herbinator_

_Herbinator_
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2011 - 08:36 PM

it is terrible to see the carnage mother nature can dish out with little or no warning
But great to see AUSSIE spirit of people helping out complete strangers. pity the scumbag looters are about.
gladstone missed it but for a bit of rain and highways closed. My heart goes out to all effected people. my little girls wanted
to give some toys to the kids that lost everything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users