- - - - -

Torana hatch in California...

• Please log in to reply
794 replies to this topic

#426 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2012 - 03:05 PM

Didn't know that...I don't really follow the Falcon stuff. Not my sorta car.. but I do know there are a bunch that came over here at least (I sold a few bits for them) there was a guy in Florida actually that had a heap of Falcons. I sold him a ute a while back, ha ha..

#427 xu2308

xu2308

Grail Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts
  • Name:AL
  • Car:SMP LJ GTR V8 Prototype-Confirmed By HHS and Ex GMH XW7 Engineers

Posted 04 May 2012 - 06:11 PM

Dont follow the Falcon's, but the Mad Max Car, is our most famous Car from Australia so far, should be a Holden the most famous car lol, in the future for sure, Mad Max drove a HJ V8 Sandman Van, it was his personal car a Holden Van.

#428 _Romper_

_Romper_
  • Guests

Posted 04 May 2012 - 08:15 PM

Cheer's for that LS1 Hatch, i

It seem's the prices for houses in out area's are similar even though we are on different part's of the globe, well mine would be around $500k range, we are looking for some sort of Holiday type place where we can all crash and use as a base to travel from, that way we can show you guy's how us Aussie's really have a barby hahaha, Just kiddin mate but yeah would be sweet staying over there for a few month's of the year...

#429 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2012 - 01:50 PM

No problem....

Best bet if you were serious would be just travel around here a bit and check out different areas to try and narrow down which place you actually wanted to look to buy in. Stuff can vary a fair amount here within only an hour's drive basically.

Oh, and got my pair of AMG 8 piston calipers today :D Going to clean them up tomorrow and get ready to splash some paint on them. (They are AMG silver now, but want to do them in a red color)

#430 _tyre fryer_

_tyre fryer_
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2012 - 07:04 AM

Cheer's for that LS1 Hatch, i

It seem's the prices for houses in out area's are similar even though we are on different part's of the globe, well mine would be around $500k range, we are looking for some sort of Holiday type place where we can all crash and use as a base to travel from, that way we can show you guy's how us Aussie's really have a barby hahaha, Just kiddin mate but yeah would be sweet staying over there for a few month's of the year...

Lady I work with and her husband bought a house in Detriot last year for $8,000 due to the housing slump (I believe they payed the owing on the title to the bank or something). They said this was an average rpice for a 4 bedroom 2 story in the area. They use it for the same thing, being paramedics theyhave it on offer to all the firies/police etc. that want to live there for a while and take care of it.

#431 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2012 - 11:22 AM

I've seen links to those type of deals... $500 - $2000 houses around Detroit...only problem the ones I have seen links too (and talked about a few times on another forum I'm on over here) are in war zones basically, ha ha...

Most of them have been stripped of all the wiring and plumbing since the copper in them was worth more than the house.

As for the car... I got one caliper all done today, took a little while to properly clean, prep, and mask it...but came up pretty nice ! (going to see about doing up some unique Brembo decals to put back on it as well after going from the factory silver the AMG cars used to the red I did it in)

#432 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2012 - 12:48 PM

Picture of my spare 4 piston one...same as on the car now, and the new 8 piston one when I started cleaning it, ha ha.. (they are second hand, a heap cheaper than new)

After a really good clean and prep, I gave it a squirt with the red caliper paint. Just hanging in the shed for now tonight and will get some better pics tomorrow when I unmask the pistons and can handle it, ha ha..

Attached Files

#433 _judgelj_

_judgelj_
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:01 PM

do you just spray it hanging in your garage? no issues with paint particles ended up where they shouldnt?

#434 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:05 PM

Nooooo...I sprayed it just behind the garage outside (sort of not much wind with walls on 3 sides of the area) I just just brought it inside before for the night ha ha...

#435 _judgelj_

_judgelj_
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2012 - 01:53 PM

oh makes sense. i get really paranoid spraying things and i like to do it well away from everything. yet i see some people do it close to other things and it trips me out

#436 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:03 AM

Well...took about 2 minutes to swap it on from the 4 spot caliper..brake hose went right on and all! :D

Just looks a bit bare without the brembo (or amg like it had) decal on it...but will sort that out soon.

Sure does fill up the 18" wheel as well !

Attached Files

#437 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:24 PM

NICE!

they look like 13"s with that caliper and brake haha.

#438 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2012 - 01:37 PM

Thanks! :D

The calipers wouldn't even fit inside of a 13" wheel, lol

Before...

Posted Image

After:

Posted Image

#439 _judgelj_

_judgelj_
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2012 - 03:26 PM

should have kept the AMG!!

#440 LX2DR

LX2DR

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts
  • Name:Paul
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 May 2012 - 08:53 PM

Option?

Attached Files

#441 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:39 AM

Hmmmmm.......

I do have something in mind, but won't say until I get the stickers made, to see just how they come out, ha ha....

Edited by LS1 Hatch, 08 May 2012 - 09:42 AM.

#442 _gmp&a29_

_gmp&a29_
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:59 AM

Looks good with the torana logo, try the SS Logo...

#443 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:03 PM

Well....here is the normal Brembo logo...(like on my calipers I am just pulling off) and my idea is an offshoot of it.

Just emailed the guy who I had make some custom stickers ages ago since he still does custom decals, striping, etc with my ideas and will see what he has to say.

Attached Files

#444 _judgelj_

_judgelj_
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2012 - 04:43 PM

toranbo?

#445 LX2DR

LX2DR

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts
  • Name:Paul
Garage View Garage

Posted 08 May 2012 - 05:58 PM

Exactly where my head is, a hit around the front could be handled, but any damage in the back would be a disaster for a Hatch due to minimal replacement panels, its easier to spend a few bucks and reduce/minimise the risk.

Having said that i just ordered some indicator globes, wish i knew about those before :cry: doesnt matter i'll just put the others away as spares for the front :rockon:

WooHoo they arrived today and what a difference.Thanks for that lead Jeff :clap:

Posted Image

Obviously the RH one is the new globe, big difference.

#446 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:51 AM

Sweet! That came up well...it sure does make a different ! I know I feel better with mine as well with all the nut jobs driving around here, lol.

Oh, and got my brake pads in today. 4 pads per caliper....neat setup.

Attached Files

#447 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 12:56 PM

so will each pad wear differently?

In theory, you should/would be able to replace them all at different intervals wouldnt you?

#448 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:25 PM

Well, they should all wear somewhat evenly. The piston sizes are staggered as well. The pads are only set as sets of 8, so I guess you would end up with lots of spares if you did change out only some of them..

#449 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:35 PM

haha, figured that would be the case,

You would assume that all the pistons would apply an even pressure, but it will be interesting to see :)

wheres the new stickers?

#450 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2012 - 01:42 PM

I guess that is the cool part of using an off the shelf caliper of this kind, Mercedes and Brembo did all the big dollar design and brain work for me as to how it all works and wears properly. I just had to sticky tape them onto the Torana ,lol... :D

Oh, and on the decals...give it time, ha ha.... (waiting to hear back from the guy I want to make them. He is on the other side of the country too (In Florida) so won't be tomorrow before I have them in my hand :P )

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users