Rare Spares Wish List

• Please log in to reply
173 replies to this topic

#101 _les_

_les_
  • Guests

Posted 27 July 2012 - 11:48 PM

Hi Les
The LJ parts catalogue lists Britax, Rainsford and Cooldrive as seat belt suppliers.

Now I am going by memory but I think Britax stopped by the LX and moved into accessories then lighting , I think they originally made the GTS Mirror.

#102 _LXSS350_

_LXSS350_
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2012 - 04:13 AM

Les I will look today when I am in the shed. All 5 of the hatchbacks have these belts.
Three are 1977 (2x SS and 1x SL) and the other is a 1976 SS model.
Pretty sure our A9X hatch also has these same belts (1977)

#103 _walpolla_

_walpolla_
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2012 - 11:01 AM

Is it possible to get replacement mechanical fuel pump diaphragms made of ethanol resistant rubber Les?
As time goes by, REAL fuel is getting harder to get, and sooner or later the blended fuels will eat our pumps up.

regards,Rod

#104 _mikecatts_

_mikecatts_
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2012 - 08:06 AM

Replacement panels THAT FIT!!!!!!!!!

#105 _LXSS350_

_LXSS350_
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:07 AM

Replacement panels THAT FIT!!!!!!!!!

Or a far better excuse that it must be your car's that where built wrong or they have had an accident and a poor repair. :stirpot:
Just a shame when you have had it from new and know it has never been damaged. LOL

#106 Growla

Growla

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 229 posts
  • Car:LX SL/R LS1 conversion completed July 2010

Posted 02 August 2012 - 01:29 PM

Is there any chance of reproducing the SL/R gauges (cluster). Or just the quad gauges?

Cheers
Mark

#107 enderwigginau

enderwigginau

Admin Wrangler

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000,527 posts
  • Name:Grant
  • Car:76 LX Sedan, 4 seater

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:06 PM

Or a far better excuse that it must be your car's that where built wrong or they have had an accident and a poor repair. :stirpot:
Just a shame when you have had it from new and know it has never been damaged. LOL

Torana's are a monocoque......it is VERY common for the whole car to twist, not just in V8s. I know mine and other are. Never been hit, but measure all the diagonals and it doesn't add up.
The replacement panels are also made using the last dies that were in use......dies wore out and were replaced numerous times......panel shapes naturally changed from time to time so an early LX door skin is slightly different from a UC door skin.

I don't think it is fair to blame Rares when most of the panels are produced from old Holden dies..........

Grant..

#108 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,522 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:73 LJ

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:20 PM

Torana's are a monocoque......it is VERY common for the whole car to twist, not just in V8s. I know mine and other are. Never been hit, but measure all the diagonals and it doesn't add up.
The replacement panels are also made using the last dies that were in use......dies wore out and were replaced numerous times......panel shapes naturally changed from time to time so an early LX door skin is slightly different from a UC door skin.

I don't think it is fair to blame Rares when most of the panels are produced from old Holden dies..........

Grant..

Yep, don't blame Rares, a lot of the rust panels that Rares sell (or at least used to sell years ago) weren't made by Rare Spares, they were outsourced from other manufacturers that made the panels from their own tooling not old GMH tooling.

And some panels, esp some of the ones made from zinc anneal sheet appear to have been made using traditional sheet metal working equipment.

Maybe more panels are produced from old GMH tooling now with the Holden Restoration Parts program. :dontknow:

Edited by S pack, 03 August 2012 - 08:30 PM.

#109 ribz0

ribz0

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts
  • Name:Eric
  • Car:LC Torana & 1975 South African Mini

Posted 04 August 2012 - 12:42 PM

How about some outer weather strips for a LC/J 4 door that fit... and use the original clips.... especially for the rear!!!!

#110 _les_

_les_
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:11 PM

How about some outer weather strips for a LC/J 4 door that fit... and use the original clips.... especially for the rear!!!!

New rear door belts are being made now the rubber tooling is finished , we are waiting on the metal insert tooling to be finish . We will then make some production samples for testing , if approved we will go into production. As for the clips we have made 7447833 7437728, 8815997 should be available in November, it is not as if you can make 1000 or even 10,000 clips we have to make at least 60,000 clips each time. I believe we may need to make the 3 pronged clip for the 4 door front is this correct?

Is there any chance of reproducing the SL/R gauges (cluster). Or just the quad gauges?

Cheers
Mark

I will add these to the wish list
Les

#111 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,522 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:38 PM

New rear door belts are being made now the rubber tooling is finished , we are waiting on the metal insert tooling to be finish .
I believe we may need to make the 3 pronged clip for the 4 door front is this correct?

Les

Hi Les

The three prong clip is used on both front and rear outer belt weather strips on the 4dr.

Cheers
Dave.

#112 _les_

_les_
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:08 PM

Hi Les

The three prong clip is used on both front and rear outer belt weather strips on the 4dr.

Cheers
Dave.

Hi Dave
I guess we had better look at making them , do you know the part number.
Les

#113 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,522 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 09:11 AM

Hi Dave
I guess we had better look at making them , do you know the part number.
Les

G/day Les

The LC & LJ parts catalogues are a bit obscure when it comes to the belt weatherstrip clips, however these are the part numbers as I know them from purchasing genuine clips when they were still available. I will stand corrected if anyone has evidence to suggest the following info is incorrect.
The clip on the left in pic is Pt No. 8815997 - inner belt strip 2dr and 4dr front & rear (5 per strip for both models)
The clip on the right in pic is Pt No. 7447833 - outer belt strip 2dr (4 per strip)
Posted Image

Which leaves only Pt No. 7437728 to be the three prong clip used on the outer belt strip 4dr front & rear (5 clips per strip)
I don't have any of the above clips but you can see them here in this thread.
http://www.gmh-torana.com.au/forums/topic/58665-lcj-outer-door-weather-strips/#entry691698

Cheers
Dave

#114 ribz0

ribz0

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:48 AM

WooHoo!!! Great to see something is being done!!!

Good work Les!!

:clap:

#115 dattoman

dattoman

Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,461 posts
  • Name:Neil
  • Car:LX SS , 76 Cadillac , 3 x dattos

Posted 05 August 2012 - 12:06 PM

See if theres any here that look about right

http://www.clipsandf...teners_s/64.htm

#116 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2012 - 02:41 PM

Awesome site datto, sadly nothing similar out of the thousand or so i just looked at lol.

Cheers.

#117 dattoman

dattoman

Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,461 posts
  • Name:Neil
  • Car:LX SS , 76 Cadillac , 3 x dattos

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:16 PM

966 for GM....lol

#118 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:18 PM

I did say or so hehe.

did notice a few torrie related clips in there way cheaper than rares so i'll be saving that page

#119 ribz0

ribz0

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:44 PM

That is an AWESOME page datto!!!

These are the clips you want.... no markings on them....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Oh Les.... are you making the rear outers with a curve to match the rear door?

Cheers

#120 _les_

_les_
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:14 PM

That is an AWESOME page datto!!!

These are the clips you want.... no markings on them....

Posted Image

Posted Image

Oh Les.... are you making the rear outers with a curve to match the rear door?

Cheers

yes with the curve

#121 _walpolla_

_walpolla_
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:07 PM

Is it possible to get replacement mechanical fuel pump diaphragms made of ethanol resistant rubber Les?
As time goes by, REAL fuel is getting harder to get, and sooner or later the blended fuels will eat our pumps up.

regards,Rod

Any comment Les?

regards,Rod

#122 _les_

_les_
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2012 - 05:36 PM

Any comment Les?

regards,Rod

I must have missed this post, it is not something we have considered in the past , I do not know if it is possible to make what you suggest, I will add it to the wish list and we will see what happens.

Les

#123 _walpolla_

_walpolla_
  • Guests

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:51 AM

Thanks Les.

regards,Rod :D

#124 ribz0

ribz0

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:45 PM

:clap:

#125 _mowie_

_mowie_
  • Guests

Posted 20 August 2012 - 01:03 PM

Not sure if this has been asked in the past, any chance of making stainless steel scuff plates. Should be cheap to manufacture and wont need polishing every other week.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users