QLD Torana Drag Day 2011 - Sat April 9th

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2011 - 11:22 PM

G'day,

After the fun and success of the drag day I organised in March 2009 I have decided to run another event along the same lines this year.

The track has been booked from 1:30pm to 4:30pm Saturday April 9 2011.

There will be trophies and possibly prizes (depending on sponsors) and I reckon I can get one or two magazines to cover the event.

Entry to race will be $55 however I am looking into booking the track for an extra hour so it may be more (maybe an extra $10). $55 gets you, your car and a spectator through the gate. To spectate ONLY it is $25 so you might as well bring a mate and go racing.

At this stage I am looking for people who will DEFINITELY come along to race. I need a fairly good indication of numbers before I am willing to commit financially to this. I am sure you can understand that :)

So, if you want to come out for some cheap racing or to simply just try your hand without a stack of Ford and Ricer dudes watching on then this is a great opportunity.

Non Torana's are most welcome and will have a couple of trophies of their own to battle for.

Please note, this is an event open to all forum members, club members and anyone else who wants to race their Torana and as such has been appropriately titled QLD Torana Drag Day.

More details on payment, trophy classes etc will become available if the interest is there so for now, if you can just add your name to list below that would be great.

Hope to see you out there !!

Stay Cool,

Tony

#2 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2011 - 11:25 PM

Yes, I will be there :3gears:

*add your name below*
Big T

Edited by Big T, 22 February 2011 - 11:25 PM.

#3 _UCV80_

_UCV80_
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2011 - 07:56 AM

Ill be coming, had a ball last time :) 12's this time for sure

,Nathan

#4 _TorYoda_

_TorYoda_
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2011 - 10:43 PM

I'm in as well Big T. Just inked it into my diary. Time to find out how the ricer V8 goes in a real car!

Edited by TorYoda, 25 February 2011 - 10:44 PM.

#5 _mumstaxi_

_mumstaxi_
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2011 - 08:39 PM

If its any help T, count me in to spectate.

Have a couple of ideas i will tell you about if this all goes ahead, but let me know if you need any help with anything mate !

MT

#6 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2011 - 08:25 AM

Will do Steve and thanks for the offer mate, its appreciated :spoton:

Good to see a few names being added to the list, thanks Craig and Nathan :D

Wayne (OLC383), naturally all the guys and girls from your club are welcome to race as well.

Cheers,

T

#7 _Pallbag_

_Pallbag_
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2011 - 09:25 AM

Geeee now we got a car club here, might get one or 2 of us bushies along if you dont mind one or 2 fords there???

#8 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2011 - 09:36 AM

^ No worries with Fords coming along mate. After all, we will need something to point and laugh at which will take the focus off my UC hehehehe

#9 _OLC383_

_OLC383_
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2011 - 02:39 PM

Thanks MR T for the invite,
I'll bring it up at the next comittee meeting at this stage i'd say you might have a few interested people who would come along,just let me know if the price does change as soon as you know so i can let club members know.

can payment be made on the day or do you require it before hand

As for myself Yes I'll be there

Thanks
Wayne & Kay

Edited by OLC383, 27 February 2011 - 02:44 PM.

#10 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2011 - 04:16 PM

^ Pay on the day mate. And yep, I will suss out the pricing this week. Glad you can make it !!

Cheers,

T

#11 boblhslr

boblhslr

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 199 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 04:44 PM

Hi big T,
you can count me in to.

#12 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2011 - 05:04 PM

^ Gunning for those 12's mate :D Will be good to see you there.

#13 _SLR Goat_

_SLR Goat_
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2011 - 08:26 PM

Ill prob be there as a spectator again should be a good day

#14 _Pallbag_

_Pallbag_
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2011 - 01:42 PM

Big T, re my email via QLD Torana club forum:
I think I am back in here now, once someone replies to this post I will know if I am up and running or not ...

It is works, thanks for your help, wont need you to fwd that email thru to the admins here from QTCC forum, if not Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp LOL

Anyone else reading this post will wonder WTF is going on :)

#15 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2011 - 03:50 PM

Big T, re my email via QLD Torana club forum:
I think I am back in here now, once someone replies to this post I will know if I am up and running or not ...

It is works, thanks for your help, wont need you to fwd that email thru to the admins here from QTCC forum, if not Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp LOL

Anyone else reading this post will wonder WTF is going on :)

Let me know if you get this mate. I have "replied" to your post. And yep, there will be a few head scratches happening I reckon :D

#16 _Pallbag_

_Pallbag_
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2011 - 05:45 PM

Hmmmm, Nope didn't get an email for this *scratches head*

#17 _scottya!_

_scottya!_
  • Guests

Posted 02 March 2011 - 07:10 PM

mmm, might see if i can bring the torana for an outing :-))

#18 boomfunk

boomfunk

Forum Trimmer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,065 posts

Posted 03 March 2011 - 09:22 PM

I think you should Scott :),

Big T, maybe you could let me know an indication of numbers as time goes on, We WILL def have something to offer by way of a gift certificate if a reasonable amount come along if you have us on board again :)

#19 _mumstaxi_

_mumstaxi_
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2011 - 10:04 AM

So is this a goer or a fizzer T ?

:P

MT

#20 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2011 - 02:49 PM

Ok folks, its all systems go for the 9th April. I have the invoice from Willowbank so there is no turning around now.

Please read the bit below so you know exactly what is going on and what to expect.

QLD Torana Drag Day at Willowbank Raceway
Saturday 9 April 2011

Ladies and Gentlemen, start your engines !!

Well, at least get them ready for racing. That’s right, its time to start thinking about how you are going to extract a few extra horse power to propel your beast down the quarter mile in the quickest time possible.

The Queensland Torana Car Club is hosting the QLD Torana Drag Day on Saturday 9 April 2011. The event is to take place at Willowbank Raceway prior to the normal test and tune.

Cost is $65 per competitor and that will get a spectator in as well. This will also allow you to compete in the test and tune session afterwards. Spectator only is $20, once again giving access to the Test and Tune. Children under 13 are free of charge. The fee represents great value for money. The track will be available to us exclusively for 3 hours in which time you will get plenty of runs (at least 8, probably more). Plus you get to have a few goes in the Test and Tune if you wish.

The track has been booked for the 9 April. Gates open at 1pm and racing will kick off at 1:30pm. The track will be fully prepared with a safety crew on hand and catering will be available.

Trophies will be awarded for the following categories: Quickest Torana – Male, Quickest Torana – Female, Quickest Non Torana, Best Reaction Time – Male, Best Reaction Time – Female, Best Burn Out, Most Entertaining Run, and the Slowest Run Under Full Power.

So, if you have ever wanted to experience the thrill of drag racing but have been a bit nervous about doing it in front of a big crowd, this is your perfect opportunity to have a go.

All types or Torana’s are encouraged to attend, stock, race, show, whatever. Other old skool and muscle cars are welcome as well just to mix it up a bit.

For those interested in competing it will be a pay on the day type of deal. Please be at the gates by 12;30pm so that we can collect your entry fee and get your details.

Safety Equipment.
Willowbank Raceway has advised that all drivers will need an approved Helmet (AS1698), long sleeved shirt, long pants (no shorts) and covered shoes (no thongs).

You will also need a radiator overflow bottle if your car is not equipped with one (plastic coke bottle and zip ties will suffice).

Car Club members – as this is a sanctioned club run by an incorporated club those on SIV registration are welcome to attend.

If you have any questions what so ever, please don’t hesitate to call me on one the number below.

Hope to see you out there !!

Stay Cool and Drive Safe,

Tony Standfield
President – Queensland Torana Car Club.
PH 0410 032 727

Edited by Big T, 15 March 2011 - 02:50 PM.

#21 _TorYoda_

_TorYoda_
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2011 - 11:43 PM

Bewdy! Now I can get excited! First outing for my LJ. :buttrock:

#22 _OLC383_

_OLC383_
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2011 - 08:25 PM

Sounds good Tony, see you there.

Wayne

#23 _T0rana_