Shipping from LA to Melbourne..

• Please log in to reply
350 replies to this topic

#1 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 03 March 2011 - 10:34 AM

I'll be loading another batch of containers soon (I do a bunch of them 3 or 4 times a year, plus a few ones now and then inbetween) and if anyone is needing anything shipped from over here to there, I can handle anything from cars, trucks, boats (up to 20' for the most part fit into containers) and any sort of freight...big or small.

I personally load everything so no middle men you have to worry about with your stuff. I work with a mate there in Lilydale and you would just pick your stuff up from him when it arrives. Nashville Motors is who my mate is, right on Beresford road. He'll be over soon and we'll be buying up and loading containers for close to a month. (I have been there a heap of times too, so somewhat familiar with the area)

For the most part it is alot easier for me dealing with local guys who can pick thier bits up when they come in, as my mate gets flat out busy when he is unloading the containers to handle shipping stuff out for me, but if you are interstate and can organize the freight from him to you, let me know and will try and work something out with you of course.

Anything smaller you can send right to my house and big stuff would go to the warehouse I load out of, so everything gets looked out for, of course as well...I've been doing this for 15 years or so know the ins and outs of it pretty well also.

Just shoot me a message if there is anything I can help with.

Jeff

#2 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 03 March 2011 - 10:36 AM

Good stuff Jeff! Thanks!

Now.... What do i need?

#3 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 03 March 2011 - 11:52 AM

I can do everything but decide what you need to buy, ha ha....

#4 _Ozzie Picker_

_Ozzie Picker_
  • Guests

Posted 03 March 2011 - 07:41 PM

thanks jeff,

its great to have you on this forum,enjoy reading the thread about your car.

and if i ever need anything i,ll give you a buzz.

#5 _gen3torrie_

_gen3torrie_
  • Guests

Posted 03 March 2011 - 07:57 PM

would a motor be able to go how much, have you heard of proformance unlimited?

#6 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:55 AM

thanks jeff,

its great to have you on this forum,enjoy reading the thread about your car.

and if i ever need anything i,ll give you a buzz.

Thanks alot! Been cool to read up on a bunch of other cars here too, and glad if I can help out with stuff too :)

#7 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2011 - 01:57 AM

would a motor be able to go how much, have you heard of proformance unlimited?

Never heard of them, sorry.....there are so many places over here that sell so many things, it is hard to know of them all of course.

And if let me know how much the cost on it was I could give you a landed price...just shoot me a message if you like..(and what ever sort of engine it was so I could get an idea of sizing)

#8 Mort

Mort

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts
  • Name:Mort
  • Car:74 LH SL/R 4.2, 75 LH 4 door 186
Garage View Garage

Posted 04 March 2011 - 09:44 PM

Brother-in-law wants a Caddy, he nearly had one but it got sold out from under him,he wants a good driver and is really only interested in getting one in Aust, i just thought i'de ask if one could be purchased, shipped and complianced/rego'd over here for around $15000.

This is the one that got away.

Posted Image

#9 TempesT

TempesT

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts
  • Name:James - JImmy or Jim
  • Car:LX hatch

Posted 04 March 2011 - 10:18 PM

omg lol let me see..... id love a datsun 240z and then a tr6 for the old man.

I would be keen to see what it would cost for like and engine block to come over like wise what do small cars usually cost to get shipped?

#10 dattoman

dattoman

Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,461 posts
  • Name:Neil
  • Car:LX SS , 76 Cadillac , 3 x dattos

Posted 04 March 2011 - 10:23 PM

I got my 76 in for about that cash

Depends on many factors... and the initial purchase price

http://www.gmh-toran...__1#entry440133

#11 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2011 - 02:01 AM

Brother-in-law wants a Caddy, he nearly had one but it got sold out from under him,he wants a good driver and is really only interested in getting one in Aust, i just thought i'de ask if one could be purchased, shipped and complianced/rego'd over here for around $15000.

To tell the truth, I would have no idea at all what those cars are worth (I don't really deal in them at all) but as for shipping it and all, that part of it I could handle... and looks like an early enough model to leave LHD, so that would help it at least for going from buying it here to being on the road there for a decent price :)

#12 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2011 - 02:05 AM

omg lol let me see..... id love a datsun 240z and then a tr6 for the old man.

I would be keen to see what it would cost for like and engine block to come over like wise what do small cars usually cost to get shipped?

Figure on like $3500 total to land a car (plus gst/duty of course) and engines and bits are easy too! Price wise, sorta just depends on how big they are of course, and what they are worth.

#13 _scalpa1_

_scalpa1_
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2011 - 09:25 PM

Hey Jeff, How much would it cost to bring in a vintage air kit to suit a 69 camaro, Dash pad to suit same and 4 hotchkiss control arms? I am looking at getting the A/C Kit from prodigy customs. I am pretty sure that they are in LA also.
Thanks tony

#14 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2011 - 09:50 AM

Tony, I never delt with prodigy before...but if you let me know what all the stuff costs all up I can let you know how much to land it...

On the dash pad at least, that I could source from Classic Industries direct if you liked (I deal with them), just have to check in the catalog to see what they cost. I think they sell the Hotchkiss arms too, have to take a peek as well for them.

#15 _Torana Affair_

_Torana Affair_
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2011 - 10:39 AM

Jeff,
Ive been looking at camaro's and pontiacs over there untill i seen this warning come out about modified imports........
Whats the go there mate, is everything brought over original? hard to find an original 50yr old car !!!!!!!

http://www.asrf.org....ulletin-001.pdf

#16 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2011 - 11:11 AM

Yep...it has to be pretty much stock appearing...or if it has been modified you have to prove it has been that way since before 1988 (not easy to do of course) I just shipped 11 containers worth of cars in the past couple of months and had no real issues aside from a '70 big block Chevelle we had, that had bonnet pins on it's steel cowl bonnet.. Canberra made a stink over those, and we just showed the bonnet and pins came stock on them, and everything else was cool.

If you show me the sorts of things you are looking at buying, I can let you know what I reckon about getting it in...might be just a change of wheels, or what not.. :)

#17 dattoman

dattoman

Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,461 posts
  • Name:Neil
  • Car:LX SS , 76 Cadillac , 3 x dattos

Posted 06 March 2011 - 12:36 PM

Have a read of this

http://www.infrastru...eme_Oct2010.doc

#18 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2011 - 12:45 PM

Yep, have read that before....

Some of it seems to be selective when you submit the import approval paperwork (which I do for all our vehicles) if they feel like there is something not right with a car, they will ask for more pictures or just info to back up the fact the vehicle is stock.

Of course too....with any rules, there are <cough> ways......<cough> Posted Image if you know just what they are looking for and want to see.

#19 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2011 - 12:26 PM

My mate there finally got the last container unloaded I had sent (it got held up a week), so won't be long now and will start loading again if can get anything back for anyone!

#20 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 24 March 2011 - 01:44 PM

Hey Jeff,

I finally thought of something...

Some M/T Street ET's... They are heaps cheaper on Summit, than over here, but the postage on them is crazy! (More than the Tyres)... I guess getting a spare set of rims would be handy too...

#21 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 24 March 2011 - 03:17 PM

Sounds like you need to fire up the credit then and see what happens..lol

I get heaps of stuff from Summit, most of it comes from thier Reno warehouse and I get it like the next day after ordering it, really handy!

#22 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2011 - 11:25 AM

Just a heads up, that if anyone did want anything sent in this batch of containers, I would need to get it by the 11th of April... (will be loading another bigger batch of containers again next in June)

Thanks !

#23 Stinga

Stinga

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,114 posts
  • Name:Stinga
  • Car:HD Holden ute, and sedan, UC torana

Posted 26 March 2011 - 03:35 PM

Just a heads up, that if anyone did want anything sent in this batch of containers, I would need to get it by the 11th of April... (will be loading another bigger batch of containers again next in June)

Thanks !

sounds good, june is tax return time!!

#24 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2011 - 01:10 AM

The way the dollar is going as well, you should be set, ha ha...

#25 _LS1 Hatch_

_LS1 Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2011 - 08:44 AM

I'm starting to load on Monday and guys are already buying more vehicles than I had planned on....the dollar at a $1.03 is making everyone spend happy, knock on wood :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users