#1 zodiac GTR

zodiac GTR

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Car:73 GTR

Posted 04 June 2011 - 12:38 PM

Hi, would like to know what headers/extactors people are useing on there LC / LJ torana's,
6 cyl, with tripples .

And which one's fit the best ?

And what brands are out there ?

cheers

Edited by zodiac GTR, 04 June 2011 - 12:38 PM.

#2 WhaleOilBeefHooked

WhaleOilBeefHooked

Lord Humungus The Ayatolla of Rock N Rolla.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,667 posts
  • Name:Andrew
  • Car:LJ GTR

Posted 04 June 2011 - 02:47 PM

I've been told the new styles of extractors are too damn tight of a fit to run triples with, hit on starter motor and have similar types of clearance issues.. Maybe search on fleBay for some older style pipes, as they are better fit which were ussually designed to fit & run triple carbs with.. Failing that an original set of headers are almost as good in most cases, with no clearance problems at all & are also fairly plentiful on the above auction site...

#3 _Agent 34_

_Agent 34_
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2011 - 05:11 PM

Kicked the tyre already for mine;

HM9c - need to adjust floor - engine mount and also some flanges that go under the nuts to hold them on- supposed to be group nc material - barry the ducks guts ( mad max) 470 plus freight

Perry - make and equilivant one competion header on ebay right now 470 apparently no clearance issues - only word of mouth.

like andrew( whale) above said just be carful on which pair you get and do some tyre kicking yourself on what you want.

three cents - hope this helps

#4 _sunburst73-xu1_

_sunburst73-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2011 - 05:53 PM

As mensioned above nothing wrong with the factory xu1 headers. :spoton:

#5 _1973bathxu1_

_1973bathxu1_
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2011 - 06:15 PM

hi get yourself a set of 73 bath extractors, they are a perfict fit, clearance every where, no issus for the tripples either and they are mandrell bend

they are a bit pricy thou but well worth the money, i bought a set for spares 12 years ago new for 650.00, a forum member wanted them so ill have to ring him to see if he still needs them

regards aldo

#6 zodiac GTR

zodiac GTR

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 06:17 PM

Kicked the tyre already for mine;

HM9c - need to adjust floor - engine mount and also some flanges that go under the nuts to hold them on- supposed to be group nc material - barry the ducks guts ( mad max) 470 plus freight

Perry - make and equilivant one competion header on ebay right now 470 apparently no clearance issues - only word of mouth.

like andrew( whale) above said just be carful on which pair you get and do some tyre kicking yourself on what you want.

three cents - hope this helps

yeh,dont like the idea of modifing the floor for the HM9c headers to fit.
was tyre kicking here to see what everyone else thought before i go down that road of buying stuff that doesn't fit.

cheers

#7 zodiac GTR

zodiac GTR

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 04 June 2011 - 06:21 PM

hi get yourself a set of 73 bath extractors, they are a perfict fit, clearance every where, no issus for the tripples either and they are mandrell bend

they are a bit pricy thou but well worth the money, i bought a set for spares 12 years ago new for 650.00, a forum member wanted them so ill have to ring him to see if he still needs them

regards aldo

Hi aldo, are they the same type that brad sells ?http://www.xu-1.com.au/contact.html

cheers

Edited by zodiac GTR, 04 June 2011 - 06:32 PM.

#8 _1973bathxu1_

_1973bathxu1_
  • Guests

Posted 05 June 2011 - 02:44 PM

hi ive not seen the ones that brad sells, we had 12 sets made over 10 years ago from the guy who made them originally in the seventies, they were pre orderd for the guys who owned 73 bathurst xu1 toranas,

they are identical as they were made with the original jig,

i have no more use for the extractors, as i said a forum member asked me to hold them 6 weeks ago, i have not heard from him, ill ring him tonight to see if he still wants them, if he dosent then u a welcome to them, i u need them,

as i said they are a bit pricy but an exellent extractor,

regards aldo

#9 _Agent 34_

_Agent 34_
  • Guests

Posted 06 June 2011 - 07:49 PM

pacemakers = Pacemaker Headers #PH5027

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users