Shtstr

Formerly lcxu105

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts
  • Name:Mmmmmmm
  • Car:lx hatchback lc gtr

Posted 09 June 2011 - 07:48 AM

Thought use would like to see what i started with.

Attached Files

#27 Shtstr

Shtstr

Formerly lcxu105

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 07:55 AM

As you can see from the pic's she had bee cut up a fair bit, the front was cut up the dash had been removed their was no floor in the rear under the back seat at all as it had been rusted out and coved with cooper sheet. Also the cage was in it in such a way that to remove the cage would have colapsed the car in half.

#28 Shtstr

Shtstr

Formerly lcxu105

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 07:58 AM

As you can see from the pic's she had bee cut up a fair bit, the front was cut up the dash had been removed their was no floor in the rear under the back seat at all as it had been rusted out and coved with cooper sheet. Also the cage was in it in such a way that to remove the cage would have colapsed the car in half.

Attached Files

#29 _rogered_

_rogered_
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2011 - 08:26 AM

i thought about going v8 but thats been done. plus with the price of fuel insurance and rego, it was a far cheaper and just as easy going with the jap motor plus it sound std and has big balls.

Yeah fair enough, may have been a bit of a harsh comment on my behalf.
As i say just my opinion, and not meant to be a critisisum.
Still be watching the progress with interest.

Cheers

#30 _rogered_

_rogered_
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2011 - 08:31 AM

i thought about going v8 but thats been done. plus with the price of fuel insurance and rego, it was a far cheaper and just as easy going with the jap motor plus it sound std and has big balls.

Cheers

#31 Shtstr

Shtstr

Formerly lcxu105

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 09:57 AM

Cheers

All good mate everyone has there own idea's, and likes and dislikes. so each to there own. By the way if things hadn't got so expensive it would of had a holden or chev v8 in it.
But when i started i also looked at the fact that there was heaps of them arround and at that point i didn't know of any with a rb25 in one. as i started this in 2001 so it's been a long process and now there are a few of the lc lj torana's with RB 30's and 25's in them so ooh well such is life.

#32 _billywest_

_billywest_
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2011 - 06:21 AM

Cheers

All good mate everyone has there own idea's, and likes and dislikes. so each to there own. By the way if things hadn't got so expensive it would of had a holden or chev v8 in it.
But when i started i also looked at the fact that there was heaps of them arround and at that point i didn't know of any with a rb25 in one. as i started this in 2001 so it's been a long process and now there are a few of the lc lj torana's with RB 30's and 25's in them so ooh well such is life.

WOW it has come a long way was it used as a track car something like that well done on the build dave

#33 Shtstr

Shtstr

Formerly lcxu105

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 06:27 AM

Cheers

WOW it has come a long way was it used as a track car something like that well done on the build dave

Yer mate it was used as a rally car and then was planed to be a dirt circut car but the bloke who owned it passed away and i bought it.

#34 _Agent 34_

_Agent 34_
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2011 - 06:24 AM

Good to see where it came from and very nice color to. keep up the good work.

grant.

#35 Shtstr

Shtstr

Formerly lcxu105

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 12:45 PM

thank mate

#36 _mick74lh_

_mick74lh_
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2011 - 07:34 PM

Wow what you've done with this is awesome! And that motor should be heaps of fun. Plus it won't be as heavy as a V8 so it should just be heaps nicer to drive. Very nice

#37 Shtstr

Shtstr

Formerly lcxu105

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 10:15 PM

Wow what you've done with this is awesome! And that motor should be heaps of fun. Plus it won't be as heavy as a V8 so it should just be heaps nicer to drive. Very nice

thanks Mate the fun starts tomorrow as i start to put it together. Will add photos of the car as it goes together.

#38 Shtstr

Shtstr

Formerly lcxu105

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 10:00 PM

photo's of the fuel system and fuel tank

photo's of the fuel system and fuel tank

from behinde the car with the tail lights in place. and yes that is a xu1 locking fuel cap too.

Attached Files

#39 Shtstr

Shtstr

Formerly lcxu105

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:00 PM

sat the bob tail on and mounted the rear bar today. here's a pic for all to see. Don't you love personalised plate's

Attached Files

#40 _stretchlc_

_stretchlc_
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:43 PM

Great Build Thread champ!...Love this car....Is it just me and my ever failing eyesight or is that rear bar twisted???......appears to be sitting a little funny on the left hand side........Keep It Up

Regards....stretch

#41 Shtstr

Shtstr

Formerly lcxu105

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 10:23 AM

Great Build Thread champ!...Love this car....Is it just me and my ever failing eyesight or is that rear bar twisted???......appears to be sitting a little funny on the left hand side........Keep It Up

Regards....stretch

I think ur wright there, will check it on the week end. thanks for noticeing stretch

#42 Shtstr

Shtstr

Formerly lcxu105

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:12 AM

Bolted all the front pipe work back to the engine and fitted the exhaust last night.
Will be starting it up tonight as i had to charge the battery up last night. will try and load up some footage of the start up and how it sounds tomorrow.

#43 Shtstr

Shtstr

Formerly lcxu105

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:48 AM

By the way i'am on the hunt for some realy good exteria door handles too if anyone knows of any arround.
Thanks

#44 _Macka_

_Macka_
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:31 PM

Spoke with Reg from Aussie Muscle Car Trimmers and who also owns Parts Cloner on Ebay. He said they were just about to start selling new after market ones for $100 a pair. Reg's number is 07 32946805. Cheers Macka

#45 Shtstr

Shtstr

Formerly lcxu105

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 06:23 AM

Spoke with Reg from Aussie Muscle Car Trimmers and who also owns Parts Cloner on Ebay. He said they were just about to start selling new after market ones for $100 a pair. Reg's number is 07 32946805. Cheers Macka

Thanks or that Macka will call him today.

#46 Shtstr

Shtstr

Formerly lcxu105

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 06:28 AM

took some pics of the front end and cross member where i modified it for all to see. here they are.

from inside the car you can see where i enlarged the tunnel and had to move the hole for the gear stick back

Attached Files

#47 Shtstr

Shtstr

Formerly lcxu105

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 06:30 AM

from the diff looking foward you can see the x member for the gearbox. I made a hump in it to allow the exhaust to sit higher. You can see where i flatten out the floor at the rear and added 2 pices of 75x50 box section to strenthern the chassie and it is also stich welded. this was mainly done as it was rusted away and their was no floor and prity much no rail left. The hoses are the fuel lines and the pvc pipe houses the +battery cable to help stop it from arking out and to protect it from dammage a bit more. seen a few cars get burned out due to battery in the boot and the cable arking out on the floor and catching fire mmmmmm not i i hope.

Attached Files

Edited by lcxu105, 30 June 2011 - 06:36 AM.

#48 Shtstr

Shtstr

Formerly lcxu105

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 06:39 AM

up close of the x member on the passenger side. note the 3 inch stainless exhaust. x member was made from 20x 1.6mm shs and the hump was made from 75x12 flat bar

Attached Files

Edited by lcxu105, 30 June 2011 - 06:40 AM.

#49 Shtstr

Shtstr

Formerly lcxu105

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 06:42 AM

This is of the passenger side engin mount where i had to cut it down to allow clearance of the turbo oil return line. note it is boxed in ti incress strength. to the bottom right you can just see where the x member was cut and shut to clear the sump.

Attached Files

Edited by lcxu105, 30 June 2011 - 06:43 AM.

#50 Shtstr

Shtstr

Formerly lcxu105

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 30 June 2011 - 06:50 AM

front of fuel tank and fuel filter 1/2 inch lines, note ten bolt salisbury with 336 lsd gears running vr commodore disk brakes.

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users