calling all L34,s

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 _outer control_

_outer control_
  • Guests

Posted 25 August 2011 - 06:10 AM

On 4-6th nov 2011 owners of genuine L34,s are invited to take part in a display at the Sandown historics.
Only genuine cars need apply as imposters will be screened and denied access. More details soon as
they are worked out.[secure storage get together dinner or BBQ with speakers enquires contact me on 0417829987
More info very soon

#2 _Ozzie Picker_

_Ozzie Picker_
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2011 - 07:22 PM

hi,

by the look of things you probably have most of them, i would imagine.:)

#3 _outer control_

_outer control_
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2011 - 10:00 PM

Hi to all interested in attending, the venue is set ,adisplay area next to entrance with secure storage overnight under grandstand and an invitation to attend saturday
evening BBQ and drinks at garages with Sir Jack Brabham, Uncle Harry Firth,Fred Gibson,Kevin Bartlett and other legends.A venue for accomodation has been
booked by some already at Big 4 park at dandenong. Its only a suggestion other motels etc in area.They have a variety of cabins and BBQ areas etc.[friday and sunday night get together] Bring your car and be part of a priveleged group of L34 owners.They wer,nt built to homologate parts but were built as a race car.An attendance medallion for all entrants who attend is planned.
Display room is limited to 15 cars so get in early .Contact Wayne at [email protected] or ring or text me on 0417829987

Edited by outer control, 26 August 2011 - 10:01 PM.

#4 _Ozzie Picker_

_Ozzie Picker_
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2011 - 03:46 PM

are you for real,about Harry Firth being your uncle.

i have great respect for Harry.

cheers craig

#5 _LXXXIV_

_LXXXIV_
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2011 - 04:19 PM

sent you an email wayne. Thx

#6 _racer8_

_racer8_
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2011 - 07:38 PM

Sorry Outer, would love to have both my L34s there, but wrong time of the year,(work commitments)
But would love to be part of it, great idea, hope you have a great turn out, cheers Racer8.

#7 _outer control_

_outer control_
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2011 - 09:34 AM

cheers craig

no relation just a in joke between me and mick c who will have his car there

#8 _Ozzie Picker_

_Ozzie Picker_
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2011 - 11:31 AM

cheers craig

no relation just a in joke between me and mick c who will have his car there

all good mate,
you just would have adopted a new bestest friend thats all,hehehe :)

#9 _APL_

_APL_
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2011 - 01:37 PM

Can't wait for next year's - I hear it will be HB's

APL

#10 _outer control_

_outer control_
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2011 - 02:01 PM

Can't wait for next year's - I hear it will be HB's

APL

Pardon my ignorance APL are you referring to hairy butts

#11 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2011 - 03:35 PM

<br />On 4-6th nov 2011 owners of genuine L34,s are invited to take part in a display at the Sandown historics.<br />Only genuine cars need apply as imposters will be screened and denied access. More details soon as <br />they are worked out.[secure storage get together dinner or BBQ with speakers enquires contact me on 0417829987<br />More info very soon<br />

<br /><br /><br />

Sounds like a bit of a wankfest.... What about people who cant afford one, but would be happy to pay some dollars to look and meet the legends?

#12 _Got1UR1_

_Got1UR1_
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2011 - 03:53 PM

Nothing wrong with being an " owner operator" if you own one of these iconic cars, not many genuine, original cars left out of only 263 built. Sounds like a fantastic event coming up Outercontrol. Would love to be there mate.

#13 _outer control_

_outer control_
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2011 - 07:46 PM

<br />On 4-6th nov 2011 owners of genuine L34,s are invited to take part in a display at the Sandown historics.<br />Only genuine cars need apply as imposters will be screened and denied access. More details soon as <br />they are worked out.[secure storage get together dinner or BBQ with speakers enquires contact me on 0417829987<br />More info very soon<br />

<br /><br /><br />

Sounds like a bit of a wankfest.... What about people who cant afford one, but would be happy to pay some dollars to look and meet the legends?

Hi Adam these events are open to the public i think $50 for 3 days and these legends will be mingling in the crowd all weekend.
I dont like your attitude towards the owners who spend big money to transport there cars from interstate to share them with others
in the way of a display. We could all lock them up in the shed and dont take the risks to share them with others .I bought mine for $12,000 10 years ago
with 94,000 genuine kms.I could have put that money towards a flash daily driver but i chose not to. I know i,m different as i also enjoy driving my trophy winning
barbados TA 1300 2 door.It takes all sorts to make this world like it is.Save up Adam get a cheap airfare to Melbourne make yourself known to me and i will cook you a chop or snag and make sure you get to mix it with these legends.Outer Control

#14 _APL_

_APL_
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:24 PM

Plastic Strap Ons - :ZZZ:

The mighty HB would pull the big crowds...

APL

#15 _racer8_

_racer8_
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:42 PM

Could,nt have agreed with you more Outer, its about time these particular model Toranas get the respect they deserve,
true, no bull race cars,and a thrill to own and drive!!
All the best on the day.
p.s, send me some pics, if you get a chance, cheers racer8.

#16 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:43 PM

U could amentioned that outer.... It just seemed as though it was an l34 owners thingonly..... fair enough though, stand corrected and apologies, good luck with the event

#17 _racer8_

_racer8_
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2011 - 08:45 PM

APL

"What ever turns you on," APL , ha ha!!

#18 _outer control_

_outer control_
  • Guests

Posted 29 August 2011 - 10:36 PM

APL

"What ever turns you on," APL , ha ha!!

No plastic strap ons on the TA only a beautiful plastic grille and tail lights.

#19 _LXXXIV_

_LXXXIV_
  • Guests

Posted 30 August 2011 - 07:28 AM

Hi wayne, I sent you another email this morning, re interest in event, did you receive?

#20 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 September 2011 - 09:38 AM

How many cars look like they will be attending Wayne?

#21 _outer control_

_outer control_
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2011 - 06:15 PM

How many cars look like they will be attending Wayne?

7 confirmed so far

#22 piquet

piquet

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 08 September 2011 - 06:55 PM

Can't bring the car but can I bring pictures?

#23 _A9XOSS_

_A9XOSS_
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2011 - 07:51 PM

that's discrimination to all torana GTR,GTR XU-1,SS,SLR,L34,A9X replica owner's :stirpot: , joking all the best with the event guy's.
wish i could come and check it out, but i will going to the fest this year as a spectator again,DOH!.

Edited by A9XOSS, 08 September 2011 - 07:53 PM.

#24 _mytoranaL34_

_mytoranaL34_
  • Guests

Posted 10 September 2011 - 05:09 PM

Wayne,
What a great idea for an event. Count me in, I'll come down from Brisbane. I still havn't found my two L34s but I now have the details on my red one thanks to you. Salamanca red (as I recall) engine no. HZ16365 Vin J445050, built on 21/8/1974. Sold through Burchfield Motors on 4th October 1974 to me, Ralph Martell. As your info shows and memories go, my best guess is that my Gold one is owned by forum member Joshua in Brisbane. We are not certain but we think that is the car.

#25 _outer control_

_outer control_
  • Guests

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:08 AM

Hi every body this saturday and sunday at Sandown will be a display of L34,s at the historics.
We have more than double the number of cars that the A9x,s had at their nationals. Come and
see Holdens purpose built Torana that was built as a race car not a car to homologate bits for the race program

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users