Photo

BOTTLE JACK COULOR ADELAIDE XU1

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#26 _LONA-CK_

_LONA-CK_
  • Guests

Posted 06 January 2014 - 07:19 PM

yeh Dave but the pic of the jack you put up was of the 1500lb one,,, the pic that Bazza put up is of the 1300lb,,, and to the color THRASHTHEBUCKET said his was a green color and i have six of one and half a dozen of the other here in the shed, some have date codes [the later ones] some dont some are black some are blue/gray some are green, some have the yellow lined stickers some dont,,, the only thing im sure of is the diffrence between the 1300 and 1500lb jacks.

cheers gong

#27 jd lj

jd lj

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,099 posts
  • Name:James D
  • Car:LJ SVO

Posted 06 January 2014 - 08:06 PM

For what it's worth my 7/73 Adelaide car has a black jack but I've never looked for any date codes or weight rating.

#28 _variflex_

_variflex_
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2015 - 10:48 PM

Hey guys, digging up an old post here however I believe I have come across a Jack from the LJ whilst cleaning out my fathers garage, located in Sydney if anyone is interested

#29 Pop's-SS

Pop's-SS

Pops

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,960 posts
  • Name:Barry
  • Car:1976 Mandarin Red SS Hatchback

Posted 11 June 2015 - 04:36 PM

Like wise here, have 1 x 2-lift and 2 x 3-lift bottle jacks

None that you can see the date code on  the bottom

Those that own a GTR or XU-1 will know that you need a 3-lift jack to lift up the body at the back to change the rear wheels when they are 5.5 inches (standard GTR or XU-1) or wider

Only have one folding winder which would suit the LJ as the LC had a one piece winder

Barry

#30 frash da bucket

frash da bucket

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,890 posts

Posted 16 June 2015 - 02:40 PM

Hi John Gong,

I can hardly see the date on it now,but it did say 8/72,didn't know the numbers back in 1989,had no idea what they meant.

But its a different story these days.

Regards John.

#31 MFM

MFM

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 687 posts
  • Name:Mark
  • Car:xu1

Posted 03 May 2021 - 08:06 PM

I apologize for resurrecting an old post but boredom has me searching for a period correct (colour) bottle jack which has not been re-painted. My car is 5/72 Adelaide with an unpainted black jack dated on the base in 9/71 and reviewing an old post from 2019 Anthony Crabtree has stated :

"The information on page 104 in the torana tough book about the bottle jacks is incorrect both blue and black were used at Adelaide and ONLY black in Brisbane for the LJ torana."

Is there a definitive conclusion to the debate on the colour of the Adelaide jacks. Are they the aqua blue or black? 

#32 jd lj

jd lj

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,099 posts
  • Name:James D
  • Car:LJ SVO

Posted 07 September 2022 - 06:53 PM

It's come to my attention today that there's a variation between the bottle jacks that wasn't mentioned previously.

If you look at the blue jack in post 13 the base plate has two prongs bent up below the winder presumably to hook the jack handle in to pull it out from under the car. But then on Dave's black bottle jack, post 15, it has a boxed in bracket instead. My 7/73 Adelaide jack is the same design as Dave's and as I mentioned all those years ago it's black too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users