Au thermo fans on a six...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 _Moron_

_Moron_
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2011 - 06:28 AM

Hi again,

In need of some wisdom - picked up a set of genuine au falcon thermo fans for $55 with the intention of fitting them to my 202 powered lx. Using a large alloy radiator job as well.

Issue I'm having is with clearance; I've already shortened the water pump shaft a bit ( still enough left there for a mechanical fan if need be) and trimmed the plastic shroud up and itlll just fit down the front but I'm a bit worried there isnt quite enough clearance....

What I'm asking is - has anyone else had any experience fitting these fans to a six cylinder?

Cheers.

#2 _torbirdie_

_torbirdie_
  • Guests

Posted 14 December 2011 - 09:58 PM

Yes, it will be a very tight fit, even tighter if there is an aircon compressor on there too. I looked at putting one in with the large 3 core rad chev rad and a six cyl and measured it to fit in depth wise, but wasnt keen on cutting into the chassis rails so it would fit width wise.

Is your large core alloy thicker than a chev 3 core?

A thinner 2 core alloy rad should be plenty on even a heavily modded six(equivalent to a brass/copper chev 3 core). Either look at ditching the rad for a thinner one or ditching the fans for an engine fan or looking at thinner options such as mondeo or saab electric fan setups.

Edited by torbirdie, 14 December 2011 - 09:59 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users