Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,538 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:73 LJ

Posted 22 January 2012 - 10:19 AM

Ryan
We were not planning on remaking them as we are still using the original mold from 1990 but if they are wrong them yes we will remake them , I will have them checked out.
Les.

Les, if you want length measurement of NOS GMH 2dr outer belt w/strip just let me know.

#27 jpxu1

jpxu1

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 01:21 PM

Rare Spares have the LJ 2 Door outer door belt clips Part # DBC 1006 in packs of 8. I have bought a pack and compared them to the originals: pretty much spot on. They have the barbs both sides like the originals - neither the ebay ones or Scotts Auto Rubber ones do, so they side off. Haven't fitted them yet, but I do remember it being a prick of a job when I last did back in the 80's, even using the original clips which were still available back then.
Cheers,
JPXU1

#28 _Agent 34_

_Agent 34_
  • Guests

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:47 PM

JP,

did you buy the outer weather strips from rares to go with these ?

#29 jpxu1

jpxu1

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:33 PM

No I didn't - I'm really lucky to have a pair of originals. Les has said in an earlier post ^^^^ that Rares are still using the original mould for theirs? JP

#30 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,538 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:73 LJ

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:46 PM

No I didn't - I'm really lucky to have a pair of originals. Les has said in an earlier post ^^^^ that Rares are still using the original mould for theirs? JP

I think you'll find the tooling Les is referring to is the tooling Rares had made back in the early 90's.
I compared the Rares 2dr outer belt w/strips with NOS strips when the first batch came on the market and they were a very good product then so can't see that really being any different today if the same tooling is being used.

#31 _Agent 34_

_Agent 34_
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2012 - 05:18 PM

Can someone post some photos of this item please for the thread - I will be embarking on this very soon .

#32 _Nitter_

_Nitter_
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2012 - 06:46 PM

Posted Image

#33 _Agent 34_

_Agent 34_
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:27 AM

thanks pete.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users