Repair Panels Supplier.

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#1 _Liam_

_Liam_
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2012 - 07:55 PM

Hey guys, I have a list of Rust Repair sections from Retro Rods with new ones on the way.

Here is the list of the products and prices at the moment.

http://www.retrorods...RADE 010711.pdf

I have had a chat to him, name is Gaven, very friendly bloke, and is proud of his business and cares about his customers and he is interested in making up repair sections that we can't get anywhere and have to make ourselves. He also sells his panels to Rare Spares and on Ebay.

I said:

~Front Windscreen channel.
~Plenum Chamber repair section (He has one in his workshop and is going to take a mould and get those sections made up).
~A Pillar repair section (Top where the rain pillar meets the screen channel).
~I asked about rear Taillight buckets for our UC Bretheren... (He was a little unsure on this one, but I'm sure there if there is enough interest he will.)

I bought some off him today, rear beaver (he has two kinds; (1) the first is just a basic panel where you have to trim it up to size, the other (2) is the correct shape to go over the chassis rails and to weld on the internal skin in the boot.) I got 2. Front 1/4 repair sections (the mudguard) (L and R), rear lower 1/4 sections (L and R). $300 and very high quality, discounted because I paid with cash.

Visited his shop today and I must say his workshop is very schmick, very professional and all the panels I saw were very impressive.

So if there is something you really feel should be made drop a line here and I will pass it on to him, he is also on Facebook (under Retro Rods).

#2 LHSL

LHSL

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts
  • Name:Phillip
  • Car:1974 LH SL; 2 x 1975 LH S Toranas

Posted 23 January 2012 - 08:33 PM

He is in the process of finialising LH/LX boot floors. Let's see how this goes.

Good to hear he is a professional.

Phillip

#3 _Liam_

_Liam_
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2012 - 08:38 PM

Thanks Phillip I knew I'd forgotten one. Whole boot floors. :)

I had a gander at his Door Skins too any they are also good quality, and he showed me its fit on a frame... Very nice fit.

#4 _Quagmire_

_Quagmire_
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2012 - 09:10 PM

is he the one pressing hj-z gts flutes into the guards?
some one asked bout this....

#5 _Liam_

_Liam_
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2012 - 09:11 PM

is he the one pressing hj-z gts flutes into the guards?
some one asked bout this....

I'm unsure?? What you mean Quag?

#6 _Quagmire_

_Quagmire_
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2012 - 09:16 PM

there is a panel beater that used to press the flutes into the guards in north qld
not weld them in.....people have been chasing him up for a while....
on your link it states "hj flutes pressed 184.90"
i was wondering if this was the guy?

#7 Mort

Mort

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts
  • Name:Mort
  • Car:74 LH SL/R 4.2, 75 LH 4 door 186
Garage View Garage

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:08 AM

Maybe he could have a go at the Plenum chamber where it rusts around the air box.

There are 3 front skirt panels listed would one of these be the radiator support panel at the bottom.

If it's possible and they don't mind could you ask them if they could post some pics of the replacement panels ( torana panels) for the description and post them on the forum or ask someone else to post them if they don't want to join.

Mort

#8 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2012 - 01:32 PM

Good find Liam. Let us know how everything fits up.

Cheers,

T

#9 _Liam_

_Liam_
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2012 - 02:17 PM

Maybe he could have a go at the Plenum chamber where it rusts around the air box.

There are 3 front skirt panels listed would one of these be the radiator support panel at the bottom.

If it's possible and they don't mind could you ask them if they could post some pics of the replacement panels ( torana panels) for the description and post them on the forum or ask someone else to post them if they don't want to join.

Mort

The item listed No. 1 crossmember (not UC) is the Rad Support panel.

He is now in the process of moulding the Plenum chamber at the heater holes. I put him onto this yesterday as it is a renowned rust area.

I'm going there this arvo and I'll get him to flick me an email with all the Torana Panels.

I will find out what the skirt panels are Mort.

Edited by LX Torry Freak, 24 January 2012 - 02:15 PM.

#10 _Liam_

_Liam_
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2012 - 02:22 PM

Just thinking about it, the skirt may be the front section of the front 1/4s, LH and an LX Front skirt? Odd.

#11 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2012 - 03:52 PM

When you are there Liam, can you ask if that price list is for Trade only and if so is there a price list for the general public. I would like to distribute this to QTCC members but dont want to send around something that is not applicable. Unless of course he wants to give club members trade prices :-)

#12 _Liam_

_Liam_
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:00 PM

Those are the prices for everyone mate. Just got back from his place and will put some pictures up soon. The prices are set to rise a little due to overheads. And he is less than a month away from getting the full boot panels finished. He showed me the boots ATM and are pretty damned good, but the press puts a crease near the spare wheel well but he knows how to fix it and will be rectified soon.

Lh front skirt is the battery tray without holes for the carbon canister. Lx front skirt is the one with.

I will upload all the photos of the products tonight.

#13 _Big T_

_Big T_
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2012 - 04:27 PM

Sweet as. Thanks man :spoton:

#14 Mort

Mort

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts
  • Name:Mort
  • Car:74 LH SL/R 4.2, 75 LH 4 door 186
Garage View Garage

Posted 24 January 2012 - 06:46 PM

Thanks for that Liam, your a legend

#15 _Liam_

_Liam_
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2012 - 07:27 PM

I can't get it onto my computer properly so I will just link you to the products range.

https://www.facebook.com/#!/media/albums/?id=100002530235164

Also forgot to mention he is making full sill panels with the profiles on top and bottom, to be released soon.

#16 LHSL

LHSL

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:49 PM

I can't get it onto my computer properly so I will just link you to the products range.

https://www.facebook...100002530235164

Also forgot to mention he is making full sill panels with the profiles on top and bottom, to be released soon.

Thanks for the Facebook link. Did you take any photos of the LH/LX boot floors?
Phillip

#17 _Liam_

_Liam_
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2012 - 09:24 AM

No Phillip I didn't, I did look at them though. It's a full section with the ribbed wells from Rear 1/4 to rear 1/4 and goes up to the diff recess. It has a Spare Wheel well pressed into it, as well as Fuel Filler neck recess.

He also has Rear Wheel Wells on the way.

#18 LHSL

LHSL

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 25 January 2012 - 11:48 AM

No Phillip I didn't, I did look at them though. It's a full section with the ribbed wells from Rear 1/4 to rear 1/4 and goes up to the diff recess. It has a Spare Wheel well pressed into it, as well as Fuel Filler neck recess.

He also has Rear Wheel Wells on the way.

Thanks Liam that sounds impressive. Better sell the rear cut I have before these are available for sale!

#19 _Liam_

_Liam_
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:13 PM

I'm tryingto get him to make rear LH-LX tailight buckets so the UC boys can just cut out the old UC items for conversions.

#20 _Liam_

_Liam_
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2012 - 12:17 PM

He said the crease left in it is still nothing comparedto some of the floor pans rates were overinflated for the monaros. He reckoned his competitors don't give a shit and have poor workmanship and quality.

I will go there every fortnight or so an Grt updates.

#21 _76S.L.R_

_76S.L.R_
  • Guests

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:43 PM

This sounds the goods,I need numerous rust repair panels for the LX!

#22 _Liam_

_Liam_
  • Guests

Posted 26 January 2012 - 02:58 PM

What is the general consensus on rear tailight buckets? Yay or Nay?

Also he has bonnet hinge mounts on the way.

#23 _Torza_

_Torza_
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2012 - 09:51 PM

any idea on price for the boot floor and would he ship it to melbourne?
also any news on the plenum?
would he do c pillars for sedans?

#24 madmax

madmax

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Car:Vf ssv redline ute Walkinshaw enhanced Pedders coilovers

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:07 PM

put me in for a couple of tail light sections i am sure there will be a lot more people wanting them

Edited by madmax, 03 February 2012 - 10:09 PM.

#25 _Liam_

_Liam_
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:32 PM

any idea on price for the boot floor and would he ship it to melbourne?
also any news on the plenum?
would he do c pillars for sedans?

Torza at this stage, unsure of price, will go see him next week or the week after. One piece sheet, pressed into shape, hand finished, so I imagine similar to the full door skins.

As for C pillars, I should ask him if he would do a repair section for it.

Madmax, I would think so, I may do up a prototype for him to copy, a proper bucket type.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users