lh lx rear beaver panel

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 _Buster_

_Buster_
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2012 - 02:59 AM

can't seem to find any info on this, with the rare spares rear beaver panel repair sections for lh lx where abouts do they actually join on at the top of panel. Is it at the top of the curved section or do the continue on around the right angle section.Attached File  rust15.jpg   29.48K   5 downloads

i'm gathering the width and bottom of this panel is the same as the original.

Richard

#2 76lxhatch

76lxhatch

That was easy!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,153 posts
  • Car:SS
Garage View Garage

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:04 AM

Its wider than the original panel and the ends are cut square, you will need to cut it to suit. At the top it does have the lip which is about half to two thirds of the full depth.

http://www.gmh-toran...post__p__598163

#3 _Buster_

_Buster_
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2012 - 03:23 PM

Hey thanks for that. I'll make sure i don't cut the old one off before i get the new one. there's a small dent on mine at the top of the beaver where it folds over.

i also ended up grinding out over half an inch of bog across the back othe car either side of the fuel filler yet it only took me half an hour to hammer and dolly it all straight.

Richard

#4 _Liam_

_Liam_
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2012 - 03:51 PM

Both a basic Beaver Panel replacement with square sides and section with curved sides are available.

#5 _Buster_

_Buster_
  • Guests

Posted 10 February 2012 - 01:06 AM

Got the beaver panel just, the basic one that needs trimming to fit, and have cut off the old one . Maybe a silly question but anyone know which is the top and which is the bottom on it as one of the lips is wider than the other. Or doesn't it matter. Also the ends on either side where they meet the lower rear quarters is it best to fully weld or just spot weld like the original.

Richard

#6 76lxhatch

76lxhatch

That was easy!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,153 posts
  • Car:SS
Garage View Garage

Posted 10 February 2012 - 05:39 AM

I found that the shortest lip was easier to fit on the bottom

#7 _willybigears_

_willybigears_
  • Guests

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:56 AM

G'day all I ordered a new beaver panel from rare spares today as mine has been covered by about 40mm (yep that right) and I thought it best to replace it once I finally get the bog off.

what a prick of a job but hopefully worth it in the end.

Great job on the build , I wish I had your metal working skills.

cheers from Bigears

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users