I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,309 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 30 November 2005 - 05:09 PM

I'm tired of having people have a go at me about the bloody website being crap. Now I don't know how many people on this site are members but if you are a member and you want your car to be displayed, e-mail me at [email protected].

And pictures please, I may already have pictures of your car but I need to know which one you're talking about. I will resize photos and get rid of number plates, just send me the photos and I'll deal with it all. This is the format that we use for member's cars

Colour:

Engine:

Gearbox:

Diff:

Modifications:

Future Dreams, Plans:

#2 Toranavista

Toranavista

'Let There Be Rock' 1977

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 05:26 PM

Good on you heath for "grabbing the Bull by the horns". Yes you are corect the site is crap. However you can only work with what others are prepared to commit to. As a former Victorian myself i think there is much more potential there than we can see in terms of promoting the enjoyment and preservation of the Holden Torana :rolleyes:

#3 GML-31

GML-31

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts
  • Name:Kev
  • Car:too many

Posted 01 December 2005 - 05:40 PM

stay with it Heath I am sure once the ball starts rolling others wont want to be left out.

#4 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,309 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 01 December 2005 - 08:53 PM

Well I can tell you now we have no problems with gaining members. We're getting like two or three new people a month, no shit. I just need some co-operation.

It's good that Steve gave the website a sturdy basis though, I'm changing some stuff but a lot of the stuff is really good and I woulda been screwed if I had to do it from scratch, thanks Steve!

Edited by Heath, 01 December 2005 - 08:54 PM.

#5 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,309 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 05 December 2005 - 04:42 PM

Okay MetalManiac (dunno if Mark is still called that) and Scooter's (not sure if Peter is still called that, either) cars have both been added, I think there are still 50 or more I'm still missing.

#6 LC-069

LC-069

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 363 posts
  • Name:Mark
  • Car:LC GTR & LX SL

Posted 06 December 2005 - 07:31 PM

MeTaLMaNiAc = LC-069

#7 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,309 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 December 2005 - 08:34 PM

That makes it even harder to remember coz there are like six members with that kinda alias. Misunderstanding with Peter there so that'll be comin down.

#8 _73LJWhiteSL_

_73LJWhiteSL_
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2005 - 10:22 PM

So you are hiding here hey Mark? :P

You wanna stick a "Member formaly know as..." in your sig please?

Then everyone will know who you are ;) B)

Steve

#9 GML-31

GML-31

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts
  • Name:Kev
  • Car:too many

Posted 07 December 2005 - 06:27 AM

Heath while your at it with your site... very hard to find in google, cant find a link here only way I could see to find it prior to 73LJWhiteSL posting was Litre8's site for a link.
Anyway I can see what you are trying to achieve with your mrmbers now, shy little bunch aren't they????

#10 _73LJWhiteSL_

_73LJWhiteSL_
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2005 - 10:54 AM

gday gml-31

I have submited the clubs website to Google, so hopefully it will appear in searches soon.

please note the address http://www.victoranaclub.com

Steve

#11 _Enigmaticca_

_Enigmaticca_
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2005 - 06:53 PM

If you need, I can mass-seed the URL in search engines from the websites own IP. (Having the submission source IP the same as the requested helps get the URL indexed that little bit sooner.)

#12 _Duck05_

_Duck05_
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2005 - 09:32 PM

Just so you guy's know, even though you may have nothing to do with this side of things, I have emailed the VTC 3 times in the last 8 to 10 months asking about info on joining, and have not received any replies at all and I used the email link on the website. Mite be something that can be improved who knows.
Anyway Heath stick at it son it's people you like you having a crack that keep clubs alive..

Regards
Duck05

#13 Peter UC

Peter UC

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 765 posts

Posted 12 December 2005 - 04:02 PM

Sorry Duck 05
A better option would be to contact the club mobile number between 8pm and 10pm and ask for an info pack directly, Dave or Tracey will answer the phone. The plan is to put a link for the joining papers directly onto the site, but things take time.

#14 _Duck05_

_Duck05_
  • Guests

Posted 12 December 2005 - 10:24 PM

Thanks Petr UC,
I will give them a ring in the new year

Regards
DUck05 ;)

#15 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 13 December 2005 - 10:24 AM

Steve, have a go at doing a redirect on a standard email addy like [email protected] so that it goes to all committee members. When replying to new membership enquiries also do a BCC (Blind CC) back through your common email so everybody knows it's been actioned.

Works for us. Just a suggestion.

If you want more info, give Phil a ring (our club webby), he loves talking websites.

Edited by Yella SLuR, 13 December 2005 - 10:24 AM.

#16 _73LJWhiteSL_

_73LJWhiteSL_
  • Guests

Posted 13 December 2005 - 05:00 PM

gday Pat,

I am no longer the webmaster, but i don't think that has been updated on the website. Heath is the current webmaster.

I am thinking of having an email account for each committee member, but still thinking about it. Not 100% sure how to tackle that one.

If you could PM me Phils number i might give him a ring if i get time.

Steve

#17 _sniperlh_

_sniperlh_
  • Guests

Posted 15 December 2005 - 08:00 PM

Hey DUCK 05

Im steve, a member of the vtc for about 8 years.
Just wanted to add my quick 2c and say that if you have any dramas contacting the club phone, you can altirnativly email me and i will organise a pack to be sent out to you mate.
the last think the club needs to to loose potential members due to a faulty email addy or lack of helpers to reply to emails.
im sure heath or peter can do the same for you also mate.
my email is [email protected] (just make sure you address it as TORANA CLUB or somthing so i dont delete it)

cheers
stevey

Edited by sniperlh, 15 December 2005 - 08:00 PM.

#18 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,309 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 16 December 2005 - 05:09 PM

Sorry guys I just went away for a week. [email protected] is my e-mail and if you haven't recieved any information on joining it's not my fault but I should be able to sort it out for ya.

If you just e-mailed us then I'm sorting it out now.

#19 _Duck05_

_Duck05_
  • Guests

Posted 18 December 2005 - 12:45 AM

Hi Stevey,
That would be good if you could email me some info and a sign up sheet just so I can have a look. I live in western Vic so mite be hard to get to a lot of events but I still want to join a club, just email me at the duck050 address on my profile.
Thanks again. If you cant email the info and need to send it via normal mail just let me know..

Regards
Duck05

Edited by Duck05, 18 December 2005 - 12:46 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users