[WA] Panel + Paint shop recommendations

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 _Chaotic_

_Chaotic_
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:32 PM

Will be looking to get the lh panel and paint done in the not so distant future, chasing any recommendations on place to go, prefer nor.

#2 _m7hs_

_m7hs_
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:55 PM

Website not the best but, Poke your head into Leadfoot Kustoms in Cockburn. He currently has my LH and a friends LX in the shop. Ill have a post up soon with the progress.
Honestly prices and excellent work. Speak to Jeremy

#3 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,117 posts
  • Name:Gene
  • Car:77 HZ Sandman Van

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:41 PM

Shop around and what have you allowed for for panel and paint its not cheap thats for sure

#4 _Chaotic_

_Chaotic_
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2012 - 11:18 AM

Will definately shop around but prefer places that have worked with torrys before, have a budget of 7-10...

#5 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,117 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:12 PM

Dont want to sound negative but 7 to 10k wont get panel and paint regardless how good the body is materials is a killer

#6 _m7hs_

_m7hs_
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:21 PM

I've paid 9-10 for panel and paint.

#7 Ice

Ice

Cool

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,117 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 12:57 PM

Most panel shops wouldnt even look at toranas let alone do it for $10K you need mininum $1500.00 just for materials
m7hs you got a bargain then

#8 _m7hs_

_m7hs_
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2012 - 01:12 PM

he has been painting for years in NZ and started up last year here in perth. I got in early hence the great price. He is starting to lift his prices now as his work load is increasing. You may not get the price I paid but he's honest, fair, know his stuff and very easy to talk to. Not like some of the other outfits i went to before him. so stick your nose into his shop and have a chat. he has quite an assortment of cars in there at the moment.

#9 A9X

A9X

A fortunate run

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,024 posts
  • Name:Welby
Garage View Garage

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:54 PM

where abouts in cockburn

#10 dattoman

dattoman

Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,469 posts
  • Name:Neil
  • Car:LX SS , 76 Cadillac , 3 x dattos

Posted 13 March 2012 - 08:01 PM

http://www.leadfootkustoms.com/

#11 A9X

A9X

A fortunate run

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,024 posts
  • Name:Welby
Garage View Garage

Posted 15 March 2012 - 04:36 PM

ta

#12 _Torana Affair_

_Torana Affair_
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2012 - 09:32 PM

Website not the best but, Poke your head into Leadfoot Kustoms in Cockburn. He currently has my LH and a friends LX in the shop. Ill have a post up soon with the progress.
Honestly prices and excellent work. Speak to Jeremy

How that paint job go ?
Pics

#13 _76S.L.R_

_76S.L.R_
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:55 PM

he has been painting for years in NZ and started up last year here in perth. I got in early hence the great price. He is starting to lift his prices now as his work load is increasing. You may not get the price I paid but he's honest, fair, know his stuff and very easy to talk to. Not like some of the other outfits i went to before him. so stick your nose into his shop and have a chat. he has quite an assortment of cars in there at the moment.

I might have to go have a chat with this guy myself!, how bad rust -wise was your car? sadly my S.L.R has a fair bit to be cut out
Rear Window.
Behind bonnet hinges.
one Sill Panel.
Beaver Panel is completely #@$^%&.
Lower Rear Quarters.
1 Wheel Arch.
1 Lower Fender.
few Door jams.

Ive had the car 12 years and its progressively got worse and will only get worse so i really need to sort it out before it rusts away to nothing! but I can see it will cost me a fortune....

#14 UCgazman

UCgazman

UC's FTW!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts
  • Name:Garth
  • Car:UC S̶u̶n̶b̶i̶r̶d̶ 5000!

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:00 PM

Hammer Works on Crompton rd are supposed to be good with rust and panel work. I haven't tried them yet but I need to get quotes soon and they were recommended by a fellow restorer. http://www.thehammer....org/index.html

#15 _76S.L.R_

_76S.L.R_
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2012 - 06:58 PM

Hammer Works on Crompton rd are supposed to be good with rust and panel work. I haven't tried them yet but I need to get quotes soon and they were recommended by a fellow restorer. http://www.thehammer....org/index.html

He is said to be THE BEST!,I went there years ago and spoke to him but said he was flat out and couldnt look at doing my car for two years and never went back as I just didnt have the cash,I bought an LX bonnet off the guy for like $30.00 and it was near perfect,he had it sitting out the back of the workshop.

Seems like a top bloke indeed but from the sounds of it he's allways flat out,I seen his work and it was nothing short of AMAZING!, they were building a Stretch 57 Chev and he had some extremely old porche? that he had to make a lot of panels for from scratch ,the panel work was exceptional.............

#16 _m7hs_

_m7hs_
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2012 - 03:53 PM

I might have to go have a chat with this guy myself!, how bad rust -wise was your car? sadly my S.L.R has a fair bit to be cut out
Rear Window.
Behind bonnet hinges.
one Sill Panel.
Beaver Panel is completely #@$^%&.
Lower Rear Quarters.
1 Wheel Arch.
1 Lower Fender.
few Door jams.

Ive had the car 12 years and its progressively got worse and will only get worse so i really need to sort it out before it rusts away to nothing! but I can see it will cost me a fortune....

yeah its similiar to mine. usual areas that go.. Give him a call and a few photos. Better be quick he is putting prices up soon as his work load is increasing. probaby 3mth - 6mth wait now

#17 _torriffic_

_torriffic_
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2012 - 09:51 PM

Hey anyone used warbuilt? Here in w.a their shop is in malga?
Cheers

#18 _m7hs_

_m7hs_
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2012 - 12:54 PM

How that paint job go ?
Pics

photos coming soon mate. Car only got started this week.

#19 _alchemist_

_alchemist_
  • Guests

Posted 18 July 2012 - 11:36 AM

Got the photos yet ?

#20 _m7hs_

_m7hs_
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2012 - 12:58 PM

hey guys been a while progress on the car. I will start a new post soon from start.

Leadfoot Kustom is shutting shop end of Sept. he is not getting neough work out the door and rent is killing him. Any one most of panel rust work done need to find a new painter to start blocking.

#21 _76S.L.R_

_76S.L.R_
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2012 - 08:56 PM

hey guys been a while progress on the car. I will start a new post soon from start.

Leadfoot Kustom is shutting shop end of Sept. he is not getting neough work out the door and rent is killing him. Any one most of panel rust work done need to find a new painter to start blocking.

DAMN, That sucks ass!!! I was going to go see the bloke= was hoping this was my way out of getting the LX body fixed at a reasonable price,seems not............

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users