Knox Cruise is no more R.I.P.

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 _scalpa1_

_scalpa1_
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:33 PM

Just got word that the Knox City Cruise is dead. Due to the minority of d---heads that have ruined a great night for nthe majority.
A local charity has lost out and all the retailers have missed out. Thanks for the memories. Well done southern street machiners.

#2 hanra

hanra

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,832 posts
  • Name:Brad
  • Car:1975 LH SL/R 5000, 1967 Morris Cooper S, E36 BMW, Toyota Corolla, Isuzu DMax

Posted 14 March 2012 - 07:38 PM

For the rest of us... What was this cruise all about? A charity fundraiser?

#3 _LJ355_

_LJ355_
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:18 PM

Sad news theres always a bunch of f##kwits to ruin it for everyone else

#4 _AGGRSV_

_AGGRSV_
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:26 PM

It was a monthly meet for all car enthusiasts, unfortunately a handful of frOcktards decided to leave the venue sideways (cop shop only 200m away). So the local TMU and EPA Victoria raided the last meet. Nearly everyone and anyone got shafted. It was shooting fish in a barrel. Entry to the meet was by gold coin donation which was to go to charity! I would be surprised if anyone turns up next month, sad to see a growing event shut down!!

#5 _Brad1979UC_

_Brad1979UC_
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2012 - 08:48 PM

Yea this was getting HUGE...heaps of quality cars every month, and of course with that the VS V6 'unit sticker' hero P plater types caught word of it and because of the stupid behavior of some the cops got word of it. Been going to this one for a couple of years and went yesterday, I thought 'how bad could it be?? A canary isn't the end of the world, it's just a hassle' but cop presence was RIDICULOUS it was just like they were taking their pick on who they wanted to send home with a canary. They had a good look at mine but going over the speed humps at crawl pace and 2nd barely idling and got though but it shouldnt have to be like that it's such a shame. Gold coin donation going to charity but every time you'd chuck in your donation there's always notes that people had donated being such a good event. Yep it sucks!

#6 RBTORY

RBTORY

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts
  • Name:Andrew
  • Car:lj 2 door / RB30ET

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:02 AM

Yeah every one i have spoken too about it said they wont be taking there car there again, not worth the hassle!

#7 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:22 AM

This is my post from facebook the other night when I got home from the last ever cruise night.

RIP - The Knox Cruise Night... Killed by Victoria Police, The Victorian Government, Australia's media and the couple of drop-kick idiot hoons who think people enjoy watching them drop a chirpy in their sh*t arse car.

They have killed an event that had raised tens of thousands of dollars for local charities and made for a fantastic social, family event that was enjoyed by thousands of people each month.

People need to voice their concerns to as many people as possible, your local politician, your grandparents, relatives and pretty much anyone that is willing to listen!

Us, the REAL CAR ENTHUSIASTS, need to tell as many people as we can that this is just downright discrimination!

What exactly do we do wrong? We spend thousands of dollars supporting local businesses getting our cars to look great and treat them with the utmost respect! They are our absolute pride and joy! Yet we drive them down to a car show, and we are treated like criminals... Actually criminals are treated with more respect... They are innocent until proven guilty! WE ARE GUILTY, ON THE SPOT AND HAVE TO PAY MORE MONEY TO PROVE OUR INNOCENCE!

Sorry about the rant, but this is something I really want to share... I am not condoning hoons whatsoever... If you drink drive, excessively speed, drive dangerously etc etc you should not be allowed on the roads what so ever and deserve everything you get! But if you enjoy driving your car and have pride in it, you should be left alone to enjoy it!

#8 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 08:43 AM

For the rest of us... What was this cruise all about? A charity fundraiser?

The Cruise Night was a huge event held on a Tuesday night once a month over the Summer months in a big overflow carpark at a huge Shopping Centre.

It was a Gold Coin Donation to enter and the event attracted close to 1000 nice cars, ranging from Hot Rods, Muscle Cars, Classics etc as well as thousands of spectators... It was always a really great family and social event every month.

It ran for a good 5-6 years I reckon, and would have raised into the 100s of thousands of dollars for various local charities.

The local TMU/Police station was located across the road, and the club had a really good rapport with them and everyone was really well behaved...

But a few months back, a few ABSOLUTE frOckWIT HOONS IN THEIR PEICE OF SHIT Commodores thought it was great to drop skids as they left through the crowds (These cars weren't part of the show, but all cars use the same exit). Apparently there was also Street Racing happening in the same area (NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CRUISE NIGHT), So the cops thought it's easier to just target the cruise night to show they were in force...

I'm fed up with this shit!

#9 _green5000_

_green5000_
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2012 - 09:13 AM

It's a real shame the nights ruined aspecially after the thousands of money that the event raises for charity and the money that was raised for the Victorian bushfire victims. I understand they have to stop the dickheads racing and doing burnouts but there was no need to hit the event so hard. Surely there was another way to weed out the dickheads and not just throw canaries around and EPA notices. The police have said they don't want to stop the event but too late knowone is going to risk taking there car there now..

#10 hanra

hanra

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,832 posts
  • Car:1975 LH SL/R 5000, 1967 Morris Cooper S, E36 BMW, Toyota Corolla, Isuzu DMax

Posted 15 March 2012 - 11:32 AM

Should the cars/owners have been filtered as they entered the carpark? If your in a white commodore with UNIT stickers on it your not allowed in?

#11 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:15 PM

Thats the problem, They would park in the other carparks of the shopping centre, then just cut laps of the joint being heroes...

#12 hanra

hanra

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,832 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:25 PM

Consider a change of location?

#13 _mick74lh_

_mick74lh_
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2012 - 12:41 PM

Consider a change of location?

If they can't run it at Knox again then hopefully that'll be the way to go. I'm really dissapointed about this. It was such a bloody good event until very recently.

#14 _fatque_

_fatque_
  • Guests

Posted 09 October 2013 - 07:39 AM

HEY ALL,

KNOX CRUISE NIGHT IS CERTAINLY NOT DEAD.....

SEASON 2013/2014 KICKED OFF LAST NIGHT, WE HAD OVER 200 CARS DURING THE NIGHT, BAND WAS PLAYING, LOTS OF GENERAL PUBLIC, WEATHER WAS STUNNING. ALL IN ALL IT WAS A GREAT START TO THE SEASON!

LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NOVEMBER ONE ALREADY!

CHEERS

RACHAEL

Southerns Pres :clappin:

#15 LXCHEV

LXCHEV

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,510 posts
  • Name:Brett
  • Car:'76 LX - 383 Chev

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:33 AM

Great work Rach. We will try to get down to the Nov night.

#16 Redzone

Redzone

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 517 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:Mini torana's - Gemini coupe 10.787@123mph, log booked Group A DOHC Gemini under resto..

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:44 AM

You guys need to do what downshift does up here, video record every car leaving, if someone skids to leave, hand the footage over to the cops...

Shows the local Cunning Stuntstabulary that you are taking a proactive approach..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users