Hybrid

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
  • Name:Brett
  • Car:LC 2 Door

Posted 01 April 2012 - 09:49 PM

My engineer tells me that I need to have a fan that blows air in the windscreen before he will certify my car. I told him that a blower fan was an option in an LC, but apparently, it is considered a safety upgrade and is required. Everyone talks about the camping hairdryers being the easiest/cheapest solution to this problem so I have started looking into it. Problem is, I have no ducting to feed air to the demist vents under the screen.

Is this something that can be easily made or is my best option to track down a second duct? What do they even look like anyway (anyone got a photo?) I would also be interested to hear how you did the camping hairdryer mod to blow warm air on the screen. Again, some photos would be very handy.

#2 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2012 - 10:01 PM

yeah, use the factory under dash duct, and i just made up a fibreglass adaptor to go between a 12v blower motor to the square inlet on it, blower motor sits under the dash. In QLD it doesnt need to blow hot air, jsut air.

Chees.

#3 _L32M20_

_L32M20_
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:20 PM

is that a fact bomber? very useful to me if its tru.

#4 Hybrid

Hybrid

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 08 April 2012 - 10:17 AM

Does anyone have a photo or a link to what the under dash duct looks like? I can't say that I have ever seen one before. Has anyone got one that they want to part with?

#5 _coupe202_

_coupe202_
  • Guests

Posted 19 April 2012 - 09:45 PM

Im doing the same thing trying to work out a way to blow hot air onto the windscreen Im using the factor air duct to begin with but i havent decided what to use for blowing hot air on the windsreen.

#6 _shan620_

_shan620_
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2012 - 12:26 AM

eBay has some cigarette lighter heaters for window. I'll need to work something out for mine aswell. Hopefully find a good electric setup somewhere.

#7 _Macka_

_Macka_
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2012 - 02:34 PM

I just purchase a 12 v heater off eBay and bolted it directly under the dash so it blows upon windscreen. Had it wired to original fan switch and works beautifully. Passed roadworthy. Not sure how effective but as haven't had need to use yet. But it blows well onto windscreen.

#8 shadey1963

shadey1963

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Name:Steve
  • Car:5/72 LJ S 2 door Model
Garage View Garage

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:08 PM

You could adapt one of these

http://www.ebay.com....=item2314928541

#9 _Macka_

_Macka_
  • Guests

Posted 20 April 2012 - 10:17 PM

Yep that's the one

#10 Hybrid

Hybrid

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 10:46 PM

Mackka, did you fit some kind of ducting to the fan outlet so that the air is funnelled to both vents? Got any pics??

#11 _Macka_

_Macka_
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2012 - 10:01 AM

No l didn't. It just points straight up to the middle and then filters along each side to the vents. I went out and tested it before and it is not overly effective but l am ok with that as l just wanted it for roadworthy purpose and it passed.

Attached Files

#12 _tyre fryer_

_tyre fryer_
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2012 - 11:00 AM

Does anyone know of one that would fit as an uprgrade to the original fan-motor. Mine works at both speeds but is really a POS. I would like a demister that actually works....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users