hq brakes into my torana LH

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 _gavsav73_

_gavsav73_
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:25 PM

can anyone help with some answers or pics of the parts required to complete a hq brake upgrade into my LH torana .. i do have a rolling v8 wb ute chassis with brakes will these work thanks Gavin.

#2 Shtstr

Shtstr

Formerly lcxu105

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts
  • Name:Mmmmmmm
  • Car:lx hatchback lc gtr

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:41 PM

Hi mate if you have the 2 stubs and rotors and calipers you have just about everything you need.
are you upgradeing the rears aswell???

#3 enderwigginau

enderwigginau

Admin Wrangler

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000,527 posts
  • Name:Grant
  • Car:76 LX Sedan, 4 seater

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:45 PM

Do you want the big Holden stud pattern too?
If yes, you'll need to either do both frnt and rear or have new axles done for the rear in the bigg pattern.

For the fronts, swap the stubs right to left and replace the torana stubs. You'll need UC steering arms at a minimum to get the correct wheel alignment adjustment. The premium option is A9X-style steering arms from Harrop.
The existing brake lines should be imperial threaded. Check your WB to see whether it has later metric nuts. As a ute I'm thinking it should still have imperial threaded lines on the calipers.

For he back (for disc or drum brakes) you'll need the full brake setup, (incl. hangers and shieldsfor the discs). You'll need to have axles made (or shortened and hardened) to suit. Handbrake cables will need to be fabricated for disc brakes to A9X specs.

Grant..

#4 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 02 April 2012 - 04:58 PM

Read the stickies in the brake section.

#5 _gavsav73_

_gavsav73_
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:00 PM

thanks im only doing the front end to hq brakes and stud pattern as i have bought a hq stud pattern drum braked 9 inch for the rear,,so does turning the stub axles left to right mean the calipers will run at the front like the original torana ones..

#6 _gavsav73_

_gavsav73_
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:03 PM

Do you want the big Holden stud pattern too?
If yes, you'll need to either do both frnt and rear or have new axles done for the rear in the bigg pattern.

For the fronts, swap the stubs right to left and replace the torana stubs. You'll need UC steering arms at a minimum to get the correct wheel alignment adjustment. The premium option is A9X-style steering arms from Harrop.
The existing brake lines should be imperial threaded. Check your WB to see whether it has later metric nuts. As a ute I'm thinking it should still have imperial threaded lines on the calipers.

For he back (for disc or drum brakes) you'll need the full brake setup, (incl. hangers and shieldsfor the discs). You'll need to have axles made (or shortened and hardened) to suit. Handbrake cables will need to be fabricated for disc brakes to A9X specs.

Grant..

thanks grant i also have a uc torana parts car sounds like im nearly there.

#7 _gavsav73_

_gavsav73_
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:05 PM

Hi mate if you have the 2 stubs and rotors and calipers you have just about everything you need.
are you upgradeing the rears aswell???

im running a hq stud drum 9 inch rear thanks ..

#8 enderwigginau

enderwigginau

Admin Wrangler

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000,527 posts
  • Name:Grant
  • Car:76 LX Sedan, 4 seater

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:24 PM

thanks im only doing the front end to hq brakes and stud pattern as i have bought a hq stud pattern drum braked 9 inch for the rear,,so does turning the stub axles left to right mean the calipers will run at the front like the original torana ones..

Yes

#9 _moot_

_moot_
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:51 PM

i did mine strugglers way an used the original stubs and machined 6mm off the rotors

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users