#1 bullitA9X

bullitA9X

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:24 AM

well guys as of july 1st 2012 pre 1949 cars with a full chassis now qualify for historic....so the modified torries that were waiting for the new scheme to come out bad luck...its bs i think but what can ya do its in todays paper page 13 even the page number its printed on is an omen for our modified torries lol....

#2 slx 050

slx 050

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:26 PM

Thanks for the heads up Darryl.... Very sad for us modified car owners.... :-(

Looks like we are going to ripped off for a few more years to come, paying full rego for cars, that are driven half a dozen times a year....

I can't see this being reviewed again for years.....

#3 bullitA9X

bullitA9X

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 May 2012 - 05:20 PM

Thanks for the heads up Darryl.... Very sad for us modified car owners.... :-(

Looks like we are going to ripped off for a few more years to come, paying full rego for cars, that are driven half a dozen times a year....

I can't see this being reviewed again for years.....

yes m8 they were suppose to bring us in line with other states what a fuxking joke this state is......

#4 sagman

sagman

Forum Fan

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:10 PM

I can't help but think this was a bean counters decision based on the perception of how much money the Govt. might miss out on from rego fees and clearly not taking into account the fact that people won't be able to afford therefore wont rego the cars anyway.

Also not taking into account the lack of Gst revenue from fuel, tyres , and all extras associated with our hobby / sport and of course all the flow-on to many , many other businesses.

Although i am in a hot rod club as well it is of no benefit to me as my '56 chev does not fit into it either ........... so while i can be happy for my hot rod buddies i can feel the frustration of the rest of us ...........

And in no small way due to the lack of forward and bottom line only thinking of some boffin within the transport dept.

Laz

#5 _greenmachine215_

_greenmachine215_
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:12 PM

This place is a fkn joke!

#6 bullitA9X

bullitA9X

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:14 PM

I can't help but think this was a bean counters decision based on the perception of how much money the Govt. might miss out on from rego fees and clearly not taking into account the fact that people won't be able to afford therefore wont rego the cars anyway.

Also not taking into account the lack of Gst revenue from fuel, tyres , and all extras associated with our hobby / sport and of course all the flow-on to many , many other businesses.

Although i am in a hot rod club as well it is of no benefit to me as my '56 chev does not fit into it either ........... so while i can be happy for my hot rod buddies i can feel the frustration of the rest of us ...........

And in no small way due to the lack of forward and bottom line only thinking of some boffin within the transport dept.

Laz

spot on laz lots of people are not registering their cars now because 3 months rego to drive them 3 or 4 times im fuxking over it m8 as much as i love driving my v8 lj i think it will be for sale so i can buy something i can put on club rego....as you say if we had the modified scheme we would drive them more spend more on tyres petrol ect ect so the government would win anyway....

This place is a fkn joke!

yep it sure as fuxking hell is marc good old backwater s.a we just build express ways you can only travel up and down at certain times,run clipsal and pull it down only to set it all again 5 months later,kill classic adelaide, now they are even looking at killing bay to birdwood and thats just a taste of things to come motor wise we are a fuxking laughing stock m8....

#7 _soss_

_soss_
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:28 AM

slr might just end up in for sale thread as i am 1 of many with to many redgos who was just hanging in there waiting for historic modified ;-(

#8 Statler

Statler

Heckler Extraordinaire

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,282 posts
  • Name:Col

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:02 PM

Just out of curiosity, how much is V8 rego & CTP in S.A?

#9 bullitA9X

bullitA9X

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:24 PM

Just out of curiosity, how much is V8 rego & CTP in S.A?

around $843 for 12 months $223 for 3 months so you can see why we are so pissed off m8 i put 3 months rego on my v8 lj 6 months ago drove it 2 times in that 3 months put $100 in petrol so including rego that works out to $161.60 per drive.... so now as soss has said im going to sell my v8 lj and get something i can club rego i dont want to but im fuxking over our government screwing us....

#10 slx 050

slx 050

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:31 PM

My HQ 350 Monaro is $894 12 months or $238 for 3 months

#11 Mort

Mort

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts
  • Name:Mort
  • Car:74 LH SL/R 4.2, 75 LH 4 door 186
Garage View Garage

Posted 08 May 2012 - 12:54 PM

Just done a quick quote for V8 renewal in Queensland.
https://www.service....uoteResults.jsp

And this is for Special Interest Vehicle renewal in Queensland.
https://www.service....uoteResults.jsp

How do these compare with SA and other states, just curious as i hope to re-register Tracie's car hopefully before christmas

Edited by Mort, 08 May 2012 - 01:05 PM.

#12 _WILDWOGZ_

_WILDWOGZ_
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2012 - 09:36 PM

sooooo no modified rego? :mellow:
great...... so glad I bought those extractors and held off getting a new exhaust system..................... :banghead:

#13 _greenmachine215_

_greenmachine215_
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:22 PM

great...... so glad I bought those extractors and held off getting a new exhaust system..................... :banghead:

Doesn't look like it, I guess it just stays as is....... Rego it and just hope to hell you don't get slapped with a defect!

#14 _outer control_

_outer control_
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2012 - 11:31 PM

Extractors are an acceptable mod for historic rego in sa

#15 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,539 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:73 LJ

Posted 09 May 2012 - 05:13 PM

around $843 for 12 months $223 for 3 months so you can see why we are so pissed off m8 i put 3 months rego on my v8 lj 6 months ago drove it 2 times in that 3 months put $100 in petrol so including rego that works out to $161.60 per drive.... so now as soss has said im going to sell my v8 lj and get something i can club rego i dont want to but im fuxking over our government screwing us....

Recently paid Qld Transport $810.00 for 12 months rego on the LJ and it's a 6cyl not a V8.
From what I've heard, the consensus seems to be that QLD has the highest rego fees of all the states.
I feel like I'm being ripped off, that's for sure.

#16 _outer control_

_outer control_
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2012 - 07:51 PM

Extractors are an acceptable mod for historic rego in sa

On a v8

#17 xu2308

xu2308

Grail Hunter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,704 posts
  • Name:AL
  • Car:SMP LJ GTR V8 Prototype-Confirmed By HHS and Ex GMH XW7 Engineers

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:34 PM

Tassy V8 Rego is $620 and 6 months rego is $300 odd, and i thought i was getting ripped in Tassy, the other states are Ned Kelly like with there V8 Rego.

#18 _outer control_

_outer control_
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2012 - 06:57 AM

My HQ 350 Monaro is $894 12 months or $238 for 3 months

Same for my genuine 5litre SS hatch.This money grabing Gov sucks.
Spent $238 to reg for australia day run then did not use until the day it expired
I am so much over being ripped off i am seriously thinking of selling it.

#19 wot179

wot179

Green Eggs and Spam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,784 posts
  • Name:Jesus Bloody Christ
  • Car:Goon

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:00 AM

Rego and greenslip on my stock 6 cyl HT wagon in Sydney is just on 700 bucks.

#20 _The Baron_

_The Baron_
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:01 AM

Who was actually negotiating with the Government on this scheme and what was their targeted outcome?

#21 _WILDWOGZ_

_WILDWOGZ_
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2012 - 11:49 AM

On a v8

ahh yea I've only got a lil 173 :)

#22 _outer control_

_outer control_
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:33 PM

Who was actually negotiating with the Government on this scheme and what was their targeted outcome?

Gov bowed to hotrodders as they only accounted for less than a hundred cars so now they will get $0 on thousands of cars as they sit in garages unregistered,no fuel tax no gst on tyres ,oils services and ins so the money grabbing tools are worse off .
They did their sums and thought they would miss out but 0% of say $900 is less than say a quarter of $900 go figure.

#23 eyepeeler

eyepeeler

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,958 posts
  • Car:77 SL Hatchback, Chrome Yellow L34, LX IPRA Race Car the White Ghost

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:18 PM

It's a shame that the govt decide to restrict schemes like that to only a few and not later model cars. IP racing rules for Early model are for cars built before 1984. That would be around the mark I would think for a cut off point, maybe 30 years that would bring it to 1982. You don't see many Kingswood/ Monaro, Torana, VB/ VC Commodore or other models from other manufacturers around as daily drivers. Most people who own these vehicles are enthusiasts who use them on an irregular basis and should be allowed to use their car on the same type of scheme as the Historic for original cars.
It's a shame that SA decides to hinder the owners of cars that people actually turn their head and look at when they drive by.

#24 bullitA9X

bullitA9X

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 13 May 2012 - 02:49 PM

Gov bowed to hotrodders as they only accounted for less than a hundred cars so now they will get $0 on thousands of cars as they sit in garages unregistered,no fuel tax no gst on tyres ,oils services and ins so the money grabbing tools are worse off .
They did their sums and thought they would miss out but 0% of say $900 is less than say a quarter of $900 go figure.

spot on outer our government is fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuxcked in the head.... if they did the sums properly they would relise its a win win for both us and them....why s.a people have to fight so hard for every little thing makes the mind boggle.....as eyepeeler rightly pointed out if they actually looked at how many pre 1980 cars are on the system unregistered then looked at how many pre 1980 cars are on historic and registered they would get a much better idea of the money they could make...petrol,repairs,tyres,ect ect but its just the same old s.a mentality if it gets to hard just take the easy way out and fuxk the people that actually pay their wages....

Edited by bullitljv8, 13 May 2012 - 02:56 PM.

#25 rexy

rexy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,588 posts
  • Name:Rexy
  • Car:Kia grand carnival!!!

Posted 13 May 2012 - 05:21 PM

Come to victoria lads.
12 months of street rod permit is less than $130 and allows me to legally take the LS powered LJ out 90 days a year. I have tried hard this year and reckon I will use 50 something days if lucky.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users