bullitA9X

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:08 PM

Come to victoria lads.
12 months of street rod permit is less than $130 and allows me to legally take the LS powered LJ out 90 days a year. I have tried hard this year and reckon I will use 50 something days if lucky.

hey rexy a vic guy on aussiev8.com.au tells me there is no such law you can not have modified cars on special rego in vic you have to pay full rego have a read m8... i have told him what you said will wait for his reply....

http://www.aussiev8....orics-laws.html

Edited by bullitljv8, 13 May 2012 - 07:15 PM.

#27 rexy

rexy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,578 posts
  • Name:Rexy
  • Car:Kia grand carnival!!!

Posted 13 May 2012 - 07:56 PM

He is presumably talking about the CH (classic/historic) plate scheme.
Mine is on the SR (street rod ) scheme. One of the memorable lines in the eligibility description was along the guise of "for vehicles modified beyond usual accepted standards"
Having said that, the CH scheme allows what are described as "period era modifications". As such I have seen a hatch with gigantic flares, 10 inch rear rubber and a shotgun scoop on the scheme. It also had aluminium YT heads on top of 383 cubes of holden. All legal. Plenty of injected 304 motors around as well.

#28 bullitA9X

bullitA9X

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:06 PM

He is presumably talking about the CH (classic/historic) plate scheme.
Mine is on the SR (street rod ) scheme. One of the memorable lines in the eligibility description was along the guise of "for vehicles modified beyond usual accepted standards"
Having said that, the CH scheme allows what are described as "period era modifications". As such I have seen a hatch with gigantic flares, 10 inch rear rubber and a shotgun scoop on the scheme. It also had aluminium YT heads on top of 383 cubes of holden. All legal. Plenty of injected 304 motors around as well.

thanks for the info rexy i thought in vic there was a scheme for modified cars might have to move back m8....

#29 sagman

sagman

Forum Fan

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 13 May 2012 - 10:56 PM

Gov bowed to hotrodders as they only accounted for less than a hundred cars so now they will get $0 on thousands of cars as they sit in garages unregistered,no fuel tax no gst on tyres ,oils services and ins so the money grabbing tools are worse off .
They did their sums and thought they would miss out but 0% of say $900 is less than say a quarter of $900 go figure.

Not really the case Wayne ......... as far as the hot rod guys go at least ...... certainly more than 'less than a hundred cars ' and the decision to go with rods was no doubt as they are a minority by number but also the perception that many more staff would have to be added to cope with the percieved influx of modified cars ......... as i understand it nothing is set in stone at this point.

Laz

#30 2600s

2600s

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 14 May 2012 - 07:23 AM

thanks for the info rexy i thought in vic there was a scheme for modified cars might have to move back m8....

Either that or move your post box there....... :spoton:

#31 a9x4dr

a9x4dr

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Name:Mick

Posted 19 May 2012 - 08:55 PM

around $843 for 12 months $223 for 3 months so you can see why we are so pissed off m8 i put 3 months rego on my v8 lj 6 months ago drove it 2 times in that 3 months put $100 in petrol so including rego that works out to $161.60 per drive.... so now as soss has said im going to sell my v8 lj and get something i can club rego i dont want to but im fuxking over our government screwing us....

If you do happen decide to sell the LJ mate, pm me as I'm very interested in buying a V8 LJ. am a member of HTC so can always chat at a meeting sometime if you decide to sell. Hard decision to make I know, so don't envy your dilemma!

#32 bullitA9X

bullitA9X

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:49 PM

well guys clubs have been asked to put in writing to the a list of modifications for pre 1979 cars to be included on this new scheme here is what they have said....

There was good discussion and each group was able to put their point forward.

While there were no promises given, the consensus was that DPTI would release the draft code (the one that has been on the FHMC website for some 7 days) to all clubs for comment.

Clubs should provide responses to their Federation/association by the required date (I believe unchanged from the original 31 May 2012).

Clubs are being given the opportunity to request what modifications/variations that should be allowed within the code.

DON’T WASTE THE OPPORTUNITY. And yes time is short, the revised scheme commences on 1 July 2012.

As a note, while the FHMC will not provide clubs with any advice on what should or should not be allowed; be realistic about what you ask for: the initial proposal put forward asked for everything; we all know the answer to that proposal

#33 a9x4dr

a9x4dr

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • Name:Mick

Posted 26 May 2012 - 07:16 PM

Any idea which clubs are going to respond? Let's hope this time round we get something for modified vehicles that way it's a start and more can be negotiated at later dates!

#34 bullitA9X

bullitA9X

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:02 PM

Any idea which clubs are going to respond? Let's hope this time round we get something for modified vehicles that way it's a start and more can be negotiated at later dates!

HTC,MONARO CAR CLUB,SMASA, HOT ROD CLUB, but there will be more and hope we at least get some of our request's passed....

#35 _tyre fryer_

_tyre fryer_
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:32 AM

I've been following this thread but I must admit that I'm a little perplexed at what is actually going on. So the clubs have to submit requests by the end of this month? And there is a possibility of getting some kind of rod/modified scheme as they have in Vic?

#36 bullitA9X

bullitA9X

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:09 PM

I've been following this thread but I must admit that I'm a little perplexed at what is actually going on. So the clubs have to submit requests by the end of this month? And there is a possibility of getting some kind of rod/modified scheme as they have in Vic?

as its stands now m8 as from july 1st 2012 any pre 1949 full chassis car that has been regency approved for the modifications they have will qualify to be put on the new scheme called STREET ROD SCHEME along with other non regency approved mods....

so we are trying to have the date made so 1979 and under that also have regency park approval also qualify for the street rod scheme with other non regency mods such as bolt on flares,spoilers, wheels,ect ect....

the government only see a loss of $$$$ if they do pass 1979 cars as it stands now there is 60,000 pre 1979 cars on full rego in s.a what they dont relise is out of that 60,000 you may only have a few hundred that would qualify for the new scheme anyway....

i bet most of the 60,000 would only register them 3 months of the year anyway so if they allowed the cars on this new scheme they would still make more money as people would drive them more they would get more money from petrol,insurance,maintenance,ect ect....

#37 _tyre fryer_

_tyre fryer_
  • Guests

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:33 PM

Okay, definetly filled in the gaps Daz, thanks mate. Fingers crossed they approve 1979 and eariler!
Keep us posted mate.

#38 RIM-010

RIM-010

DON'T PANIC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,073 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Car:LJ 2 Door - HQ Premier
Garage View Garage

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:34 AM

Is there any further news on this? I'd love to register the LJ for less than $700/year :)

Tim

#39 r2160

r2160

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts
  • Name:Glenn
  • Car:2/71 LC GTR, 4/71 LC 4 'S'

Posted 10 July 2012 - 12:30 PM

I have a 1.6 laser 4 door sedan. The last time I regoed it, it was almost $1000. The greenslips in NSW are raping us blind.

cheers
Glenn

#40 bullitA9X

bullitA9X

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:51 PM

well guys not good news for us im afraid the government have stuck with the pre 1949 STREET ROD SCHEME so only regency park approved pre 1949 full chassis rods qualify :banghead: smasa are planning on taking this decision to court so im told so we will see what happens....

#41 _The Baron_

_The Baron_
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:35 PM

So I buy a 1949 kit based on modern production parts. Build it and then get historic rego.

Is that how it works?

Cool !

#42 bullitA9X

bullitA9X

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:43 PM

So I buy a 1949 kit based on modern production parts. Build it and then get historic rego.

Is that how it works?

Cool !

As long as its regency approved darky thats about how it works m8....

#43 _LC_138_

_LC_138_
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:51 PM

So I buy a 1949 kit based on modern production parts. Build it and then get historic rego

The Street Rod Rego is a standalone system. It is different to Historic. Different rules and regulations, and different rules to become an Inspector. SMASA are hoping to create the SIV scheme as a standalone too.

#44 sagman

sagman

Forum Fan

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 10:58 PM

Hi Folks , just with regard to the Street Rod Rego , Laurie is correct it is a stand alone scheme , it is not Historic reg and not every Hot Rod will qualify unless it has been passed by Regency.

The ASRF have through the SA TAC had a long standing working relationship with the Transport dept.that goes back to the early '70's ...... when i built my first Rod ( OMG that was in the mid '70's !) it had it's inspection at the govt. motor garage in gillies street adelaide , no regency park in those days.....

The inspection was carried out only after a TAC check had passed the car to be inspected by the govt., in other words the TAC (Technical Advisory Committee) which consisted of delegates from each of the South Australian Hot Rod Clubs have been responsible for advising ASRF / Club members of what is acceptable to gain Rego , passing on approved applications to biuld cars to the govt. , conducting pre rego checks prior to cars being inspected for rego and conducting yearly Safety checks at the regency facility.

This Street Rod scheme is no doubt been granted to the ASRF due to the nearly 4 decade relationship and self management of ASRF member vehicles, it is also been a long term project by several people , i think in the order of 7 or 8 years.

There is a blueprint to achieve modified club rego and it would no doubt be on a similar basis to the STREET ROD REGO...... regency approval and dispensation papers to be eligable and hopefully this is what SMASA will be looking towards.

It has not been a snap of the fingers outcome and perhaps the Fed of Historic Clubs has not really grasped the sort of Rego system the clubs were hoping for.

Hope this provides a little more insight ................ Laz

#45 _The Baron_

_The Baron_
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:05 PM

The Street Rod Rego is a standalone system. It is different to Historic. Different rules and regulations, and different rules to become an Inspector. SMASA are hoping to create the SIV scheme as a standalone too.

Ah Sorry. So scheme is for Modified Historic that is only applicable to pre 1949 vehicles, not specifically "Hot Rods".

#46 _The Baron_

_The Baron_
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2012 - 11:11 PM

Hi Laz, I replied before reading your reply. So there never was a "Modified Historic"? It is yet to come? Maybe........

#47 sagman

sagman

Forum Fan

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 11:24 PM

Hi Laz, I replied before reading your reply. So there never was a "Modified Historic"? It is yet to come? Maybe........

Hi Baron, i think there have been some concessions included in the historic reg but you would need to check with Daz , or Q-Daddy as to the full extent of these...... LHD has not altered .

Will there be a Modified Historic ? well i guess that will be up to a group such as SMASA to establish some scheme like the TAC/ASRF have...... I hope there is as although my Chev is an acceptable ASRF class vehicle it obviously does not fit into the pre '49 scheme.

Laz

#48 _The Baron_

_The Baron_
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:09 PM

Thanks Laz.

#49 _Yella Fella_

_Yella Fella_
  • Guests

Posted 29 July 2012 - 06:47 PM

Lobby your local members guys. Doing nothing will achieve the exact same result.....nothing.

#50 enderwigginau

enderwigginau

Admin Wrangler

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,000,527 posts
  • Name:Grant
  • Car:76 LX Sedan, 4 seater

Posted 31 July 2012 - 08:23 PM

Recently paid Qld Transport $810.00 for 12 months rego on the LJ and it's a 6cyl not a V8.
From what I've heard, the consensus seems to be that QLD has the highest rego fees of all the states.
I feel like I'm being ripped off, that's for sure.

Yep, and this is after C*$tDo Campbell said he was going to freeze rego costs........
I guess they need as much money as they can get to give their mates now they have to get outside interests to do all the gov jobs.........
Can't remember what it was last year, but sure it wasn't $700.......

Grant..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users