Dyno tuning triple su's (Adelaide)

dyno tuning dyno triple su carbie carburettor adelaide sa engine south australia

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 _a.vas_

_a.vas_
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:06 PM

Hi all,

just wondering where in Adelaide is the best place to get a holden 6 with triple su's dyno tuned?
Has anyone dealt with Kent Town autotune before? John there seems pretty knowlegeable with su and weber carbies.

Cheers

#2 _stretchlc_

_stretchlc_
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2012 - 08:59 PM

Im not too sure if Chris Stewart is still involved with West Torrens Dyno Centre...but he was well known for setting these up to run well!!

#3 _stapla22_

_stapla22_
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:08 PM

I would say john from kent town auto tune is one of the best guys in the country for carbie tuning.

I've used him a few times over the last 15 years. He still has the old school dyno he had all that time ago.

First time I used him was when I put a TO4 and draw through SU on my LJ.

He likes to get everything running perfect and may spend more time than you expect.

Don't expect a cheap job, but I guarantee your car will run smooth as silk. He can also do stuff like dissy rebuilds and regraphing.

He loves a chat, just ask him about the rotary valve head that his uncle designed.

#4 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 09 May 2012 - 09:22 PM

He loves a chat, just ask him about the rotary valve head that his uncle designed.

Saw a vid on that years ago, thought it was frOcking awesome.

What ever happened of the design/patent??

Cheers.

#5 _a.vas_

_a.vas_
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2012 - 08:18 PM

cheers guys! yeah i think i will go see john as he regularly deals with these carbies. all the old british cars there are testament to that :P
stretchlc, I think chris still is involved with west torrens dyno if it's who i'm thinking of.

#6 _greenmachine215_

_greenmachine215_
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2012 - 08:07 PM

Kent town auto tune, I'll vouch for, work is very thorough but like mentioned its not cheap, but.... Like they say you get what you pay for.

Cheers

#7 claysummers

claysummers

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,328 posts
  • Name:Clay
  • Car:186 FB Ute, 3.3 EK sedan

Posted 18 January 2024 - 03:52 PM

Any recent experience with chassis dyno tuning in Adelaide people? I'd like to verify the tune for my SUs, but mainly get the distributor regraphed for the high comp head. I figure using someone who knows SUs is smart, though I'm not unhappy with how they are currently. Main focus though is making sure I'm not going to get any detonation due to spark timing.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

#8 I'm a Red Motor fiend

I'm a Red Motor fiend

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Car:LJ 4 door, LC GTR
Garage View Garage

Posted 19 January 2024 - 09:59 AM

Take it to Pavlou Motors Clay.

#9 claysummers

claysummers

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,328 posts
  • Name:Clay
  • Car:186 FB Ute, 3.3 EK sedan

Posted 19 January 2024 - 12:00 PM

Thanks for the recommendation Adam. I will give them a call.

Sent from my SM-G781B using Tapatalk

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: dyno tuning, dyno, triple su, carbie, carburettor, adelaide, sa, engine, south australia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users