Old Car 'friendly' mechanic in Melb for RWC?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 _Melb_Resto_

_Melb_Resto_
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2012 - 04:40 PM

Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone knew of an old car friendly mechanic in Melbourne for a RWC on my LX SS hatch?

I know it will need a couple of things which im leaving so they have something to make me fix (couple of bushes and the diff yoke seal) but I would prefer to take her to a guy who appreciates old cars and isnt going to be too pedantic, if the qoute is good happy to pay the guy to do the items.

Anyone know of a suitable guy? Suburb unimportant as I will temp reg her and drive it there.

Thanks in advance.

PS. Also gotta say I am loving this forum, great community, knowledgable members and a wealth of information - best forum I have been involved in (even if I just joined).

#2 _mick74lh_

_mick74lh_
  • Guests

Posted 12 May 2012 - 07:16 PM

As long as the car isn't a shitbox I would recomend Brian at Hall's Gully automotive in Ferntree Gully. He's not going to turn a blind eye to stuff but is fair and won't rip you off.

I had my VK done there before I rego'ed it and required the standard stuff like new brake pads cos they were low and new brake hoses because they were old and hard. But he was pretty fair and didn't just pick on token items for the hell of it.

#3 _judgelj_

_judgelj_
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2012 - 01:48 PM

what area are you in duane?

#4 _Melb_Resto_

_Melb_Resto_
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:56 PM

Im in the outer north east but I will temp reg it and drive. Car is in good nick, needs the diff yoke seal, probably control arm bushes and maybe rear brake shoes. The rest is all good, everything works and and is in order :)

Thanks guys, bout 1 1/2 weeks till im ready for the check.

#5 _judgelj_

_judgelj_
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:42 PM

Well look if you like you can call up and enquire about taking it to a mob in Yaraville? The owner has been there for many, many years and is a member of the 'old corvette' club (so he is into old cars). My uncle gets RWC's for his customers through him and has known him for a while. I've seen camaros, firebirds and chevs there, so i guess you can say he is old car friendly. I'm not sure how strict they are but definitely reasonable.

I dont remember the name, but if you are interested i can find out!

#6 _matthewed_

_matthewed_
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2013 - 08:46 PM

I am quite late to reply here but still would like to give my suggestion regarding car service South Melbourne. Valiance is one of the best service centres which services the car with a great care and never charge more than the requirement.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users