HOLDEN BRABHAM TORANA HB SERIES 2.1968

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#26 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 25 May 2012 - 09:30 PM

Yeah na 23k see's me way out of teh market to mate. Im in yoyur daughters ballpark of 4-6.

Cheers.

#27 _sunburst73-xu1_

_sunburst73-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:04 PM

Doneski, now waiting to cop some flack. :stirpot:

How did you go Dave,did you get any Flack????
I did,apparently I have offended Steve(Hbtorana68)now forum member.He said its very low what I did.Well I'm sorry but I can't see how it is when any Ebay user can do the same thing.At the end of the day whats the big secret with a reserve price anyway.If a seller has an expectation of a price then so be it,it shouldn't have to be a secret.If he is not happy on what he's getting offered then he dosn't have to sell it.

Edited by sunburst73-xu1, 26 May 2012 - 12:06 PM.

#28 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,538 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:73 LJ

Posted 26 May 2012 - 02:15 PM

How did you go Dave,did you get any Flack????
I did,apparently I have offended Steve(Hbtorana68)now forum member.He said its very low what I did.Well I'm sorry but I can't see how it is when any Ebay user can do the same thing.At the end of the day whats the big secret with a reserve price anyway.If a seller has an expectation of a price then so be it,it shouldn't have to be a secret.If he is not happy on what he's getting offered then he dosn't have to sell it.

G/day Dane

No, no flack yet. I emailed him via the address plastered across his pics but as yet no reply.
Sorry to hear you copped an ear bashing (so to speak).
I can understand a seller not wanting their reserve price known but that is up to ebay to make sure their software doesn't allow anyone to find out a reserve price.
Anyway as I see it he needs to revise his ad otherwise he is uttering false statements which could land him in a lot of hot water when the buyer works out they have not gotten what they thought they were paying for.
Personally, 23k is a very unrealistic price for a HB Brabham, esp one that's authenticity is questionable and anyone offering above 6k for it needs to take a reality check.

#29 _sunburst73-xu1_

_sunburst73-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2012 - 02:37 PM

G/day Dane

No, no flack yet. I emailed him via the address plastered across his pics but as yet no reply.
Sorry to hear you copped an ear bashing (so to speak).
I can understand a seller not wanting their reserve price known but that is up to ebay to make sure their software doesn't allow anyone to find out a reserve price.
Anyway as I see it he needs to revise his ad otherwise he is uttering false statements which could land him in a lot of hot water when the buyer works out they have not gotten what they thought they were paying for.
Personally, 23k is a very unrealistic price for a HB Brabham, esp one that's authenticity is questionable and anyone offering above 6k for it needs to take a reality check.

Well thats where I differ with the reserve price.If a seller is serious about selling something why not just notify any interested parties what the expectations are if asked.You can go into any car auction house and ask a reserve price on any car,its then up to the buyer to decide how far there going to go with it or keep searching the market.
Anyway as I have replyed back to the seller to apologize as it wasn't ment to offend anyone.

#30 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,538 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 03:08 PM

Well thats where I differ with the reserve price.If a seller is serious about selling something why not just notify any interested parties what the expectations are if asked.You can go into any car auction house and ask a reserve price on any car,its then up to the buyer to decide how far there going to go with it or keep searching the market.
Anyway as I have replyed back to the seller to apologize as it wasn't ment to offend anyone.

Yeah, my thoughts on the subject differ a bit. I think if potential bidders don't know your reserve price then people will bid in the hope that they have a chance of winning the auction. The seller can decide whether or not to make the sale to the highest bidder even if the highest bid is below the reserve price. If people know your reserve price then you may not get any bids if the reserve is ridiculously high.
I certainly don't disagree with your posting up the reserve price, if his reserve was more reasonable then we all wouldn't have suffered shell shock when we saw 23k, however I can also see how the seller wasn't happy about it.
Anyway, now that you have renounced your sins go have yourself a beer and one for me. :spoton:

#31 wot179

wot179

Green Eggs and Spam

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,784 posts
  • Name:Jesus Bloody Christ
  • Car:Goon

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:17 PM

Having a reserve price on a car on ebay is a joke as it is a cinch to find it out.

I reckon its worth more than 6grand,just coz it looks so tidy.

#32 _Quagmire_

_Quagmire_
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2012 - 06:31 PM

not a brabam...but a way better price...and still reg to boot :)
http://www.ebay.com....1#ht_500wt_1416

#33 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 26 May 2012 - 06:43 PM

Silver one has the inlet manifold i need for mine.

And i like the blue roof on the white one, might consider doing that to mine.

Cheers.

#34 v6 torana

v6 torana

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts
  • Name:Peter

Posted 01 October 2018 - 04:47 PM

I just noticed a White HB Brabham up for auction at Loyds which I am quite interested in placing a bid (if the car is the real deal) I am in NSW otherwise I would go and have a look.

https://www.lloydson...e=0&lid=1596607

I did some research on the car which looked familiar which lead me back to this thread from 2012, now I am happy to be corrected, but is the the car currently for auction at Loyds the same car this thread was about ? I found several pictures on Pinterest from this thread and the car has the same id numbers.

Am I correct in my assumptions ?

Attached File  Untitled.png   356.41K   4 downloads

Attached File  Untitled2.png   354.94K   6 downloads

Attached File  Untitled3.png   144.28K   5 downloads

Attached File  d2552d51062d5409302d261060abf685.jpg   50.17K   5 downloads

Attached File  5208eaf1b5a943d59b6824a6b83fa0f6.jpg   10.41K   3 downloads

Attached File  71c1938f02bb4869b59d166aae40b48b.jpg   38.07K   5 downloads

This is the text from the seller on ebay back in 2012:

PLEASE READ ALL BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS!

RESERVE WILL NOT BE GIVEN AND I WILL NOT RELEASE HOW MUCH I WANT.

UP FOR AUCTION I HAVE A HB BRABHAM TORANA. I BOUGHT THIS CAR NOT REALLY KNOWING WHAT IT WAS 16 YEARS AGO!

IM STILL NOT 100% SURE I KNOW WHAT IT IS BUT THE VERY FEW PEOPLE THAT HAVE LOOKED AT IT ARE AMAZED AND GOB SMACKED.

THE CAR IS REGISTERED AND HAS HISTORIC CLUB REGO. I HAVE BLANKED OUT THE NUMBER PLATES TO KEEP ITS IDENTITY AND ALSO COPYRIGHTED THE PHOTOS.

IN THE 16 YEARS I HAVE OWNED THE CAR I WOULD HAVE DRIVEN IT NO MORE THAN 10 TIMES, THE LAST BEING LAST WEEKEND WHEN I GOT IT ALL SERVICED AND TUNED AND DROVE IT HOME.

IT HAS ALL THE GOODIES!! 4 LARGE BRABHAM TORANA BADGES WHICH I HAVE NEVER SEEN, GTR DASH AND STEERING WHEEL. AND THE HIGHLY POWERED TWIN BRABHAM CARBIES WITH MANIFOLD.

THE ENGINE RUNS LIKE A DREAM AND EVERYTHING SEEMS TO ALL WORK FINE. BRAKES ARE GOOD GEARBOX 4 SPEED IS GOOD. TYRES ARE GOOD.

THE BODY IS VERY STRAIGHT AND I REMEMBER WHEN I BOUGHT IT THE OLD MAN SAID TO ME HE HAD HAD IT PAINTED ABOUT 2 YEARS BEFORE I BOUGHT IT.

THE PAINT WORK IS STILL EXCELLENT GLOSSY AND SHINY. THE ONLY RUST IN THE WHOLE CAR THAT I CAN SEE IS A BUBBLE THE SIZE OF A 5 CENT PIECE ON THE REAR QUARTER.

I DONT KNOW WHAT THE CAR IS WORTH AS EVERYONE I HAVE SPOKEN TO HAS DIFFERENT OPINIONS BUT IM NOT GOING TO GIVE IT AWAY. I KNOW IT IS A COLLECTORS CAR AND AM INTERESTED TO SEE WHAT PEOPLE THINK.

I HAVE BEEN TOLD BY MANY PEOPLE TO PUT THIS IN A LARGE AUSTRALIA WIDE AUCTIOIN HOUSE BUT AM NOT SURE HOW OR WHERE TO START SO I HAVE TRIED EBAY! TO SEE IF IT COULD FIND ITS NEW HOME.

MY ONLY REAL REASON FOR SELLING IT IS MAYBE ITS WORTH SOMETHING MORE TO SOMEONE ELSE THAN ME.. ALTHOUGH I LOVE THE CAR.

ALL SERIOUS QUESTIONS WILL BE ANSWERED AND IM ONLY LOOKING FOR SERIOUS BUYERS.

PLEASE RESPECT THAT! AND PLEASE NO TYRE KICKERS.

INTERSTATE BIDDERS ARE MORE THAN WELCOME. IM HAPPY TO DROP OFF TO ANY DEPOT IN SA BUT YOU MUST ORGANISE AND PAY FOR.

IM NOT HERE TO WASTE YOUR TIME SO PLEASE DONT WASTE MINE!

IF CAR IS SOLD 10% DEPOSIT TO BE PAID STRAIGHT WITHIN 24 HOURS AND CAR TO BE PAID IN FULL WITHIN 3 DAYS.

#35 Shiney005

Shiney005

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,033 posts
  • Name:Laurie
  • Car:Toyota Mirai
Garage View Garage

Posted 02 October 2018 - 02:06 PM

Sounds like the same one.

#36 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,538 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 07:36 AM

Appears to me to be the same car.

#37 GTRXU1

GTRXU1

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 12 October 2018 - 11:44 PM

Series I with Series II parts and Brabham badges

#38 jd lj

jd lj

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,100 posts
  • Name:James D
  • Car:LJ SVO

Posted 13 October 2018 - 07:14 AM

How many Brabham torana's were made and what is known about how to identify one?

#39 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,538 posts

Posted 13 October 2018 - 09:16 AM

Series II are easy. From September 1968 model number 82811 is unique to the Brabham.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users