LXCHEV

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,510 posts
  • Name:Brett
  • Car:'76 LX - 383 Chev

Posted 06 June 2006 - 12:51 PM

I have been thinking it's time to get another GMH-Torana Forum cruise happening, but just as an idea for something a bit different - how about instead of just a cruise, that we make it a photoshoot/cruise instead. We've done this with our car club a couple of times, and it makes the day a lot more social. Cos if we stop off at say 3 or 4 various locations, each time everyone gets out of their cars they can have a chat and check out all the other cars.

What I suggest is a mix of both group shots and individual shots. Everyone brings along their cameras. At one location we just take it in turns to position one car at a time in front of something cool (eg. a funky graffiti wall or other nice backdrop). Leave the car there for 5 minutes so anyone wishing to take a happy-snap can, then move it and bring in the next car.

At another location, we could then position all cars together and get some great group shots. Depending on the turnout, we could also do model specific group shots (ie. get all the LH/X people together, or the LC/J's etc.... a group shot of flared cars, a group shot of unflared cars etc..... Then go by colours, sometimes they make the best shots when you have a series of different colours, or same colours for that matter. There is a lot of potential for some great shots if the turnout is good.

I realise it's the worst time of year to suggest this - we could either fluke a nice sunny day, or hold off until Spring time, but it's something I'd definitely be keen on.

After we finish, we could then wind up somewhere like last time (Daisy's) for a pub lunch and a couple of drinks (Plenty of good car parking which is viewable from pub). So it would probably work best having this on a Sunday.

Good excuse for everyone to dig out the polish, tyre black and of course their camera.

Just spewing it's now Winter, getting a decent day is just luck of the draw.

Thoughts??

Edited by LXCHEV, 06 June 2006 - 12:52 PM.

#2 _Shevster_

_Shevster_
  • Guests

Posted 06 June 2006 - 12:56 PM

Yep, sounds all good, don't think there is anything else I can suggest, hehe.

#3 knoath

knoath

far.... FAR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 01:13 PM

Oh YES!!!
That's a fantastic idea LXCHEV! You know I'm always up for a cruise......
Do you have any specific destinations in mind? What are some interesting backdrops you know of? I'll have a think and see what I can come up with if you're after any input?

The weather lately has been great, unseasonally fine....lets make the most of it while we can (touches wood).

Name the place, date and time.... I'm IN!!!

#4 makka

makka

A m��se once bit my sister

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts
  • Name:Cohen

Posted 06 June 2006 - 01:16 PM

sounds good, im in!

#5 LXCHEV

LXCHEV

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,510 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 01:23 PM

Awesome guys! The more input the better, so by all means if you have any suggestions, bring them up! But it all depends where we are basing the cruise. We don't want 4 locations all an hour apart. It seems to work well if several locations are quite close to each other (ie. anywhere from 5 minute to 20 minute drive). Then the official cruise at the end to the pub, once again, doesn't want to be too far away.

I know a few good spots around the Eastern suburbs I can suggest. I will try to post up some pics tonight to give you an idea. But if anyone knows some killer spots, please list them! Ideally, we need areas where there's enough car parking, and preferably sealed roads if we want to keep the cars dust-free, although we shouldn't rule out some nature shots. If the cars get a tiny bit dusty it'll still be alright!

Also suggestions for lunch if you know any good places. As I mentioned Daisy's in Ringwood is perfect for this situation, heaps of good carparking that is viewable from the pub. There are nice trees there too, which almost make it good enough for a photo-shoot in itself.

#6 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,309 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 June 2006 - 01:23 PM

Yeah Brett and the Eastside Cruisers seem to know lots of nice locations around Melbourne for good photos. I'm in if I'm over this Glandular Fever by then; shouldn't be a problem.

#7 makka

makka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 01:31 PM

I take it you would want to stay away from the city? there are some good spots around Luna park and that.

#8 _chevy_253_torana_

_chevy_253_torana_
  • Guests

Posted 06 June 2006 - 02:31 PM

dam why are all the crusies around melbourne haha isnt bendigo or castlemaine good enough ? :D

#9 _MAWLER_

_MAWLER_
  • Guests

Posted 06 June 2006 - 02:45 PM

Yeah, I'm in dude but my vote is for spring.

1) Chances of much nicer weather so will get more turn up
2) Everyone will be itching for a drive after having been locked up all winter
3) Cos my car will be back on the road by then :D

And you know I'm up for the eastern suburbs bit.

Peace,

#10 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 06 June 2006 - 03:14 PM

Far out man.. Thats such a great idea!! Wish i could come along but it'll be awesome to see the photos regardless! :)

Top idea Brett, Maybe the sydney crew should organise something similar sooner rather than later! ( well.. springish.. its actually RAINING here now!!)

Cheers!

#11 LXCHEV

LXCHEV

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,510 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 03:26 PM

Yeah damn Winter, it's the only downside! Whenever we decide to do it, I am keen! We could always risk it, and if we bomb out, then we'll just run it again come Spring-time.

makka - I am certainly not opposed to the city at all. I actually drove past Luna Park last week and it's a wicked spot, however it looks like the only way you can get a photo of your car out the front is to be 'naughty' and illegally park up on the pavement. Damn shame, cos that would be such a great spot. What other cool things are around that area?

chevy_253 - what can I say mate, we are just lucky down here! There are HEAPS of forum members living around Melbourne's eastern suburbs. Just the way it is, so naturally that's why most of the Melbourne based stuff is always in this area. What better excuse for you to plan a big day trip to Melbourne though! Makka used to do it from Bendigo, he was keen as mustard to cruise!

Heath and Liam, hope you can both make it along. Liam - what is the timeline on your car? When will it be officially on the road?

Tiny - I think your Sydney crew should definitely plan one of these too! I can just imagine the cool photo now - the Monaro in the centre, surrounded by Torana's staggered down each side! Sweeeeet!

#12 _kangur_

_kangur_
  • Guests

Posted 06 June 2006 - 03:51 PM

Well I would recomend a nice photo shoot at "Sky high",maybe not original idea but its a good spot,pitty you have to pay these days to get in though but its only a couple of bucks I think.

#13 _MAWLER_

_MAWLER_
  • Guests

Posted 06 June 2006 - 04:43 PM

Um, timeline, well that all depends on me getting off my butt now doesn't it! Nah, car will be back on the road within next month and hopefully all sorted and running well for the dyno day, thats what I'm aiming for. But for a photo shoot I would be hoping for big rubber on the rear to just top the thing off instead of the puny 205's its running atm, but thats a minor thing and not really an issue.

Yeah, I think its 4 bucks or something to get into sky high now, but also how much sort of big room is there, we will want to do a bit of cars in circles and stuff I imagine, not just lined up?

Post up a few pics from the cruisers shoot Brett, to give ppl an idea of what you're talking about.

Cheers,

#14 to fly

to fly

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 05:44 PM

Brett, I would be keen on a cruise that ends at a Pub, lol what problem?.Pencil me in, my SS will need a good day out with the Torrie people, Spring would be good, but whenever suits the majority will do.

#15 LhMusL

LhMusL

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 06 June 2006 - 09:10 PM

sounds great bret, make it soon coz i might be selling mine :cry:
get well heath its not fun i have been there, chin up tiger :spoton:

#16 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,309 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 06 June 2006 - 10:06 PM

Well I'm getting better by the day, just my awful co-ordinator is making me work my arse off during my recovery.

I'm trying to get better by spending 30 mins here and there in the fresh air outside with the Torrie and it was working well, but I don't even have that kind of spare time during the hours of the day any more.

And my mates finding out the alternative name of Glandular Fever; 'kissing disease' didn't help much either...

#17 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 07 June 2006 - 12:39 AM

Well i am in for sure! Nothing beats more shots of my car! And i just got my new camera as well so need to abuse that a bit! I only know of places that brett already knows about!

i am itching for a cruise and cant wait for anything to come up!

There are so many locations that would be awesome! I am a photo buff and just love my camera!

#18 knoath

knoath

far.... FAR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 05:49 AM

For those who remember, a little while ago LUSHAZ organised a great cruise out to Yarra Glen. The original plan was to have a stop at Coldstream Airport.... just wondering if that might be a go? Lots of space to set up for a pic or two, and with some light aircraft in the background.....'Torana, To Fly....'?
I think there was an issue about public liability insurance or something????? If enough peeps think it's a good idea, maybe we could look into it again and twist some arms?
Of course there's always the trusty old St Andrews pub line up..... and there's your lunch stop! Great food, cold beer and maybe even a band....

Edited by knoath, 07 June 2006 - 05:51 AM.

#19 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,309 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 June 2006 - 10:46 AM

I reckon the Coldstream airport with the planes out might be a bit too much of an ask, but if we could organize something little it would be unreal!

Does anyone know anyone who works there? :rolleyes:

#20 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 10:59 AM

i have a mate who flies planes at morrabbin... he always loves photo oppurtunities, and he might be able to fly a plane out for the day..

#21 _MAWLER_

_MAWLER_
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2006 - 11:02 AM

Depends what you mean by 'planes out'. They will already be lined up outside, just probably in near the sheds and not out on the strip.

#22 knoath

knoath

far.... FAR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 11:21 AM

Mmmm, sneak in a couple runs down the strip? he he he

#23 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,309 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 07 June 2006 - 01:49 PM

^^ You mean set up the timing gates and give it a bootfull?

#24 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 02:11 PM

Photo Shoot, not drag day guys! Hide your excitement!

#25 makka

makka

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 07 June 2006 - 02:21 PM

I will jusm on my deadly treadly and go for a tour round luna park and see what else I can find

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users