Photo

[Melb] Torana Forum Photo Shoot

• Please log in to reply
196 replies to this topic

#26 _chevy_253_torana_

_chevy_253_torana_
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2006 - 06:41 PM

if we get enough people il be interested lets try and get heaps of people though nothign small have heaps of toranas there this year i went to chryslers on the murray for something different with some mates (free trip ) it was okay even if i had to look at slow chargers haha but they cruised out to the etmogorah pub (not sure on the spelling) and got all the chargers lined up for photos dam it wasnt a bad setup/idea it looked awosme

maybe an idea there but until i move to melbourne itl be hard for me to go to much events

#27 _73LJWhiteSL_

_73LJWhiteSL_
  • Guests

Posted 07 June 2006 - 09:06 PM

I would be up for the photo shoot cruise.... mines no show car, but then its a pretty clean Daily i reckon...

Have we got a date in mind?

Steve

#28 knoath

knoath

far.... FAR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 05:47 AM

Was the idea to have it held over the SE subs way, or is this a fairdinkum cruise aswell? Is anyone put off by the drive out to St Andrews? I know it's a few kays from you 'Southerners' he he, but there's the footy oval up the road with a nice Vic bush setting, lots of gums and plenty of space... nice backdrop and it's pretty quiet out there, we won't be in anyone's way so we can take our time with the shoot.....just thinking.

Hey Steve, don't worry about show condition!
I reckon LXCHEV's come up with a great idea.
I'm really looking forward to this one.... if we can get a good turn out (15 or so cars) I reckon it'll be a top day. Keep the suggestions coming.
:rockon: :spoton: :clap: :clap:

Edited by knoath, 08 June 2006 - 05:50 AM.

#29 _73lj202_

_73lj202_
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2006 - 09:45 AM

Sounds good, depending when I'm in :rockon:

#30 _MAWLER_

_MAWLER_
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2006 - 10:22 AM

No date has been forthcoming yet Steve but seeing as there is a fair amount of interest we can safely move onto that I would say.

My vote is for spring rather than winter, because of reasons already mentioned, but I'd still come along if it was in winter.

#31 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,307 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 08 June 2006 - 11:21 AM

If it's spring then even my car may be on the road. Depends on what time in spring though... don't wait up for me :P

#32 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 08 June 2006 - 11:31 AM

Yeah we could go go for late august, early september (jeez thats still months away! Think end of the footy season!)

Normally July isnt to bad.... If we go for winter it will just be pot luck, we will all need to bring a chamois just incase we get some drizzle!

#33 knoath

knoath

far.... FAR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 12:17 PM

How's the weather been lately though? Just mar-vellous.....

#34 LX2DR

LX2DR

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts
  • Name:Paul
Garage View Garage

Posted 08 June 2006 - 02:21 PM

Was the idea to have it held over the SE subs way, or is this a fairdinkum cruise aswell? Is anyone put off by the drive out to St Andrews? I know it's a few kays from you 'Southerners' he he,

I'm in, just need a date? Spring sounds good, only for the weather.
You can do a lap out that way.
St Andrews, Kinglake, Yarra Glen, Healsville, etc, etc.
Heaps of photo points, and pubs for the more needy. :spit:

#35 _EHGIRL_

_EHGIRL_
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2006 - 06:40 PM

Hey all,

my sugestion is do it now. Who wants to wait till spring time, we'll have plenty of things lined up come spring time.

How bout we get some dated together, work out when things are on, and what weekends are free, i vote a sunday cos if we go to factorie areas they will be closed.

Now with the weather factor, if we book a couple dates, one as main day and one as a backup if the first gets rained out. That way its all organised and we dont have to wait months till we reschedule it. And im with the others, the weather altho freezing and foggy, has actually been quite nice. I dont think we are in the stormy winter months yet, so do it asap and we should be laughing.

Locations, im same as brett, only know eastern suburbss.

There are places like

Transdiff in baysie,
Ferntree Gully Library, couple spots there on grass which are nice and hold alot of cars.

Theres a couple grafitti walls down near the pool room in ferntree gully.

Basically its best to think of big spaces. Another idea is lilydale lake, altho this could be quite busy on a weekend unless we were there early bird time.

Just think of wide spaces, what you can do to a photo with say 10 cars all scattered and on funky angles, it doesnt really matter what the background is, even if it is grey factpry walls. Afterall our feature will be the cars.

Anyway thats my 2 cents worth.

deb

#36 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts

Posted 08 June 2006 - 07:52 PM

good idea deb! We can set a date and have some backup Days..... We will be able to know a few days before if the weather is going to be ok!

lets get the ball rolling!

#37 _@milco@_

_@milco@_
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2006 - 09:15 PM

yeah i am keen to get the torrie out, it gets road worthyed next weekend and rego'ed the following monday!

#38 _chevy_253_torana_

_chevy_253_torana_
  • Guests

Posted 08 June 2006 - 11:07 PM

make sure you people get photos of all together then all lx lhs then all lc ljs and heaps of pics i doubt il be able to make it :cry:

#39 knoath

knoath

far.... FAR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 05:41 AM

G'day Deb!
Totally agree. Let's do it! :rockon:
This Sunday has showers predicted. Monday should be fine.....Queen's Birthday (public Hol) No factories open there! Too soon?
Then let's lock in next Sunday. Keep an eye on the weather and make announcement as needed. The weather has actually been very close to predicted (what's going on there?) so I say let's go!
Don't worry too much about crap in backgrounds messing up pix, that's what photoshop's for.... as long as we get good clean shots of the cars,.....

Woo Hoo :spoton: :clap:

#40 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 09:29 AM

Don't worry too much about crap in backgrounds messing up pix, that's what photoshop's for.... as long as we get good clean shots of the cars,.....

Dont let my photography lecturer hear that! She will take your head off!

While we are on the Topic, What sought of camera has people got?

I got a Canon EOS 350D Digital SLR, Best camera i could find! Got a few different lenses i can put on it as well.... I need a good Aperture lense.. something that will go down to like 1.8 or less! Anyway! itching to take some photos of Torrys with it!

#41 knoath

knoath

far.... FAR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 11:43 AM

I'll be using the trusty old Panasonic Lumix! She ain't no SLR, but she takes a great pic!!

#42 makka

makka

A m��se once bit my sister

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts
  • Name:Cohen

Posted 09 June 2006 - 12:32 PM

how about we make it the sunday in 2 weeks time, the 18th I think, I should have my car down that weekend, AND i should have a front bumper for it!
I found a place right in the city near my uni today, its a building they just finished, and it has a massive bright red wall, but as I said its right in the city. it would be good for someone who wants go there another time and get a pic of their car.

#43 _MAWLER_

_MAWLER_
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2006 - 12:36 PM

2 sundays time, could probably do that. Won't be in the good car but will come along for the ride certainly.

As for camera - I've got this beautiful carboard pin-hole camera I made in year 10, how do you think that would go? Better hope the weather is good, would really stuggle in low light conditions I think, lol

Peace,

#44 knoath

knoath

far.... FAR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 09 June 2006 - 01:32 PM

18th is a no-goer for me. Knoath Jnr's Bday :clap: .....can't get out of that one. :<_<:
Please make it for another day, I really don't wanna miss this one. :furious:

#45 _EHGIRL_

_EHGIRL_
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2006 - 01:45 PM

Yeah the 18th isnt good for us also, its the same day as the Shannons all aussie car show at sandown.

As for this weekend, if we had of thought of it a few days earlier it could have been a goer for us i think. DOH!!

any other dates that people know of that are car shows etc, please list them, so we can work around them.

deb

#46 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,307 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 June 2006 - 04:12 PM

lol just make it on the Queens Birthday then

#47 _Oldn64_

_Oldn64_
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2006 - 04:33 PM

Heath I think you need a new word in your vocabulary......

Planning!

1. A scheme, program, or method worked out beforehand for the accomplishment of an objective: a plan of attack.
2. A proposed or tentative project or course of action: had no plans for the evening.
3. A systematic arrangement of elements or important parts; a configuration or outline: a seating plan; the plan of a story.
4. A drawing or diagram made to scale showing the structure or arrangement of something.
5. In perspective rendering, one of several imaginary planes perpendicular to the line of vision between the viewer and the object being depicted.
6. A program or policy stipulating a service or benefit: a pension plan.

read the first one....the main concept there is Accomplishment. Will give you a new word tomorrow....

Cheers

PS: Can we make it in about 3-4weeks. Work is insane. Not time.. :(

#48 _MAWLER_

_MAWLER_
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2006 - 05:22 PM

Yeah, actually, I just looked at my diary before (must have known what Oldn was going to say) and yeah, I'm away on the weekend of the 18th so no good for me either.

Next?

#49 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,307 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 09 June 2006 - 05:24 PM

hahahaha keep in mind I'm only an adolescent; I'm not familiar with plans because I have no use for them :P

#50 _Oldn64_

_Oldn64_
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2006 - 05:28 PM

hahahaha keep in mind I'm only an adolescent; I'm not familiar with plans because I have no use for them :P

I realise this henc ethe word for the day.... maybe we should start a good health reseem of applying a new found word of the day. Do maybe you need to plan something... ;P

Cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users