Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 758 posts
  • Name:Adam
  • Car:LJ 4 door, LC GTR
Garage View Garage

Posted 19 January 2018 - 01:16 PM

Didn't u see the clump of full stops he put at the end? No doubt he simply forgot to strategically place them is all.

#27 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,538 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:73 LJ

Posted 19 January 2018 - 05:57 PM

This is brilliant.

I have never seen a paragraph like this written as a single sentence...

Entertaining at least.

You must not have read any of RichoX1's posts LOL.

#28 _Lazarus_

_Lazarus_
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2018 - 09:00 PM

Who gives a fk if he can write well, he rebuilds gearboxes.

Surely the question is did he deserve this slander which will readily pop up on searches.

Slagging off businesses on the internet is often unwarranted and occasionally deliberate corporate sabotage.

#29 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,997 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 19 January 2018 - 09:36 PM

+1 :spoton:

#30 Shiney005

Shiney005

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,029 posts
  • Name:Laurie
  • Car:Toyota Mirai
Garage View Garage

Posted 20 January 2018 - 07:55 AM

If TB,or any other of his customers aren't going to use their right of reply then let it be.   

#31 Shiney005

Shiney005

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,029 posts
  • Name:Laurie
  • Car:Toyota Mirai
Garage View Garage

Posted 20 January 2018 - 07:57 AM

And out of curiosity, has anyone had good experiences with a "big bore" M21?

#32 myss427

myss427

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Car:427 hatch, CV8 Monaro, Ve SSV ute. Was part owner A9X sedan until he sold it without telling me!
Garage View Garage

Posted 22 January 2018 - 08:14 AM

Surely the question is did he deserve this slander which will readily pop up on searches.

Slagging off businesses on the internet is often unwarranted and occasionally deliberate corporate sabotage.

A few club members were at Craig's place helping with assembling the car and putting the new box in, we had a few problems with it going in had to pull the side cover off, for a new box there were issues! Took him a awhile to get it resolved and a lot of grey hairs that were not warranted!

#33 _aussie4speeds_

_aussie4speeds_
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2018 - 01:54 AM

punctuation sort of addressed lol.

#34 _aussie4speeds_

_aussie4speeds_
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2018 - 02:03 AM

that was the first box, not the second one as I built him a fresh box and went to Canberra twice that box was perfect. I made sure of that... I may not write well but I can build a good strong gearbox I had an amazing teacher  Bill from Sydney gearbox services which he owned gearbox express and before that was Sydney motor wreckers.

#35 Redslur

Redslur

Has been Torana owner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,531 posts
  • Name:Gerry
  • Car:HQ GTS Replica 350.

Posted 23 January 2018 - 11:07 AM

So what is a good strong T5 worth for a VP Commodore with a 500hp V8?

#36 _aussie4speeds_

_aussie4speeds_
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2018 - 05:39 PM

AS A BOX ALONE MODIFIED 2.95 1ST GEAR RATIO FULL RECO  OUT RIGHT $2700 OR $2500 EXCHANGE 1 YEAR WARRANTY 

#37 Redslur

Redslur

Has been Torana owner

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,531 posts
  • Name:Gerry
  • Car:HQ GTS Replica 350.

Posted 23 January 2018 - 07:11 PM

No worries.  Thanks.

#38 Tyre biter

Tyre biter

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts
  • Name:Craig
  • Car:Should have gone with Palais...

Posted 23 January 2018 - 07:36 PM

Make no mistake Lazarus, everything was entirely warranted especially because of the fibs told to my face:

slagging - yes

unwarranted - hardly

corporate sabotage - just reported the facts

If TB,or any other of his customers aren't going to use their right of reply then let it be.   

Been away on hols - here I am.

that was the first box, not the second one as I built him a fresh box and went to Canberra twice that box was perfect. I made sure of that... I may not write well but I can build a good strong gearbox I had an amazing teacher  Bill from Sydney gearbox services which he owned gearbox express and before that was Sydney motor wreckers.

No it's not Peter (the second gearbox being perfect) - far from it.

It won't stay in first when rolling off the throttle and didn't from day one - it bangs out of gear - can't even physically hold it in gear to stop this from happening.

You never sent me the new warranty (not that I would ever let you near it again), nor did you send me the new filler nut - you promised me both.

The clutch required washers to shim it in order to work (for now).

All you ever had to do was publicly fess-up, own what you did, own what you didn't do, own how you told fib after fib and finally, make it right.

Until you do, I will continue to tell any and all of my experience so they need not go through the litany of recycled lies, deceit and BS that I did. 

Do I really need to recount what you did with the first gearbox?

I told you it would go like this way back when, and so telling you this once again should come as no surprise. 

Make it right Peter and then you will have redeemed yourself, in my eyes at least - we both know I am not the only one to have been treated the way that you did.

Like I have said all along, I wish you the very best and I hope you make something good from all this, but IMO you should properly deal with what happened to me and others.

The rest as they say in the classics is up to you.

Cheers, TB

#39 _Lazarus_

_Lazarus_
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2018 - 09:56 PM

No worries TB, I'll stay out of it.

#40 _aussie4speeds_

_aussie4speeds_
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2018 - 01:20 AM

if you had issues with it why didn't you tell me?  as I would have fixed it free of charge I am not a bad person nor do I build bad boxes. I am very good at what I do I have a lot of orders now more than I did 6 years ago I am willing to fix your box even now free of charge at my cost of transport there and back .as to the clutch that was not made by me its a design fault the diaphragm is not seated correctly thats why it needs spacers and to fix it .the pressure plate deck height has to be machined I don't buy clutch kits from those people anymore the company exceedy is now owned by a Korean Mob Valeo .the quality is not good at all and as to my warranty I stand by my warranty on all my boxes I build as to your warranty I wrote you a new reciept on  the day I came to your house with my mom I dont lie or tell fibs  like you say nor do I cheat or rip people off  as to the  first box the 3rd gear had a casting fault and thats why it was making noises I built the second box in good faith why would i give you a bad box WHAT !!! to destroy me publicly as you do here if I made mistakes with you I apppoligise and was unintentional and if I up set you in any way I am deeply sorry so lets end this here and now I will fix your box  re fresh it up and give you 12 months warranty from the day it leaves my shop I cant be any more fare than that and by consuner law i have 3 goes at fixing it and once that is done I want the forum to remove all posts with this argument my name and my business  so we can get on with our lives and move forward look enough is enough stop this witch hunt please you have cost me enough money losing work from this .....all I ever wanted was to make it right all I ask is give me a chance to redeem my self in your eyes you won't regret it TB .

#41 myss427

myss427

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,636 posts
  • Car:427 hatch, CV8 Monaro, Ve SSV ute. Was part owner A9X sedan until he sold it without telling me!
Garage View Garage

Posted 24 January 2018 - 08:56 AM

Funny how its a witch hunt, when all drama evolves around a gearbox that was not built as promised. Everything from that day on was because of warranty or lack of service. Otherwise why multiple gearboxes boxes, and the time to fix the issues? And to end with I don't like the comments and I'm taking my bat and ball and going home...

#42 Tyre biter

Tyre biter

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 24 January 2018 - 12:54 PM

if you had issues with it why didn't you tell me?  as I would have fixed it free of charge I am not a bad person nor do I build bad boxes. I am very good at what I do I have a lot of orders now more than I did 6 years ago I am willing to fix your box even now free of charge at my cost of transport there and back .as to the clutch that was not made by me its a design fault the diaphragm is not seated correctly thats why it needs spacers and to fix it .the pressure plate deck height has to be machined I don't buy clutch kits from those people anymore the company exceedy is now owned by a Korean Mob Valeo .the quality is not good at all and as to my warranty I stand by my warranty on all my boxes I build as to your warranty I wrote you a new reciept on  the day I came to your house with my mom I dont lie or tell fibs  like you say nor do I cheat or rip people off  as to the  first box the 3rd gear had a casting fault and thats why it was making noises I built the second box in good faith why would i give you a bad box WHAT !!! to destroy me publicly as you do here if I made mistakes with you I apppoligise and was unintentional and if I up set you in any way I am deeply sorry so lets end this here and now I will fix your box  re fresh it up and give you 12 months warranty from the day it leaves my shop I cant be any more fare than that and by consuner law i have 3 goes at fixing it and once that is done I want the forum to remove all posts with this argument my name and my business  so we can get on with our lives and move forward look enough is enough stop this witch hunt please you have cost me enough money losing work from this .....all I ever wanted was to make it right all I ask is give me a chance to redeem my self in your eyes you won't regret it TB .

Peter,

Where do I start?

With the facts I guess - nope, you never gave me a warranty - you said you would send it to me together with a new filler nut - to say that you brought it with you and infer that you handed it to me is rubbish - utter rubbish - a fib.

Remember the big one (fib) - in response to the gearbox whining like an air raid siren and my unwillingness to send it to you, you visited, you stood in my garage, you pulled the side cover and you told me to my face that everything was fine. Of course, I took it to a well credentialed fellow who immediately demonstrated everything inside was old and worn.  I subsequently pressed this outcome with you and you conceded that it was as found, and that you had fibbed to me, hence the second gear box you provided when I gave you the chance to make things right - to now describe the failure of the first gear box as an issue with a poorly manufactured part you were using is another fib.  Don't say you don't fib - you did, and you continue to - this whole episode is not a 'mistake' nor could it be described as 'unintentional' on your part - it was something altogether different - you know it to be the case. 

The clutch - you provided it as part of the packed purchased to do a Commodore clutch conversion - remember I bought all the paraphernalia required from you (bell housing and fork) including a clutch cable with a broken end and a bearing of a spec not suited to the task as it turned out - both replaced by me at my cost.  That you later found the clutch to be problematic is for you to have addressed - not me.

Peter, I am acutely uncomfortable with sending you my gear box - the delay and recycled excuses for the same I previously experienced, the fibs and the poor workmanship to date are the reasons why.  Simply speaking, I won't.  If you really wish to redeem yourself, either arrange for workshop space here in Belconnen, come back and fix it all (gearbox, clutch and consumables) or alternatively pay for Belconnen Driveline and Transmissions to undertake the repairs on your behalf - either would be suitable to me.  I can put you in touch with the proprietor if you wish to pursue the latter option.

And finally, this isn't a witch hunt - what happened, happened - you dragged this up - years later.  No, this is about you making good.  That you want to have this out publicly as opposed to via PM was your decision but I commend you for doing so but lament as to whether the purpose of you doing so is merely to deflect as opposed to something more intrinsic.  And can you just for a moment put yourself in my shoes and understand why I chose not to come back to you with the first gear and clutch issue on this gearbox - can you suspend the narcissism for just a moment to do so?  If you do, the penny may very well drop.

And so yes, I'll show good will one final time and offer you the chance of redemption that you seek via the either of those options I gave.  I sincerely hope you choose to make things right for once and for all - over to you.

Regards, TB

#43 _aussie4speeds_

_aussie4speeds_
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2018 - 02:28 PM

I spoke to consumer affairs today legally I have 3 chances to fix the box she said as so many years have passed by. I don't have to do anything about it at all but if I wish to make things right. I can and i am willing to do so. here is my offer to you Craig. send me the box back and also  all items that you are not happy with and they will be repaired or replaced as need be all transport costs will be covered by me from you to me and back to you it will have a 12 months warranty added from date of leaving my shop in writing  you have 14 days from the 24.of January which is till the 7 of February  to agree to this offer as after it expires, I won't help you any more with the said gearbox or other faulty items you want to be fixed and will no longer take any responsibility for the box after the 7 of February  the choice is yours I await your decision, Craig 

p/s I cant be any more fare than that .... 

#44 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2018 - 04:43 PM

So yesterday you are so good you have gearbox rebuilds coming out of your ass and your up untill the wee hours building boxes, and today you have lost so much work because of this thread? THat you brought back up several years after the fact?

I wouldnt send the box back to you either. 

#45 Tyre biter

Tyre biter

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 25 January 2018 - 10:02 AM

I spoke to consumer affairs today legally I have 3 chances to fix the box she said as so many years have passed by. I don't have to do anything about it at all but if I wish to make things right. I can and i am willing to do so. here is my offer to you Craig. send me the box back and also  all items that you are not happy with and they will be repaired or replaced as need be all transport costs will be covered by me from you to me and back to you it will have a 12 months warranty added from date of leaving my shop in writing  you have 14 days from the 24.of January which is till the 7 of February  to agree to this offer as after it expires, I won't help you any more with the said gearbox or other faulty items you want to be fixed and will no longer take any responsibility for the box after the 7 of February  the choice is yours I await your decision, Craig 

p/s I cant be any more fare than that .... 

Nope - simply I don't trust you Peter for all those reasons I have said herein and throughout several other threads.

You also don't get 'it' Peter. 

This is your workmanship and poor components that you selected and installed - you did this.

To go making arbitrary demands is gobsmacking - you simply fail or refuse (you chose which) to recognise your culpability in this.

You have some hide hiding behind a veil of legal liabilities: Did you ask consumer affairs about your obligation too offer a refund in part or whole, did you tell consumer affairs of the whole story - the truthful account, and did you tell them of the warranty T&Cs you stated to me?  All rhetorical questions Peter.

Your comment: "...I won't help you any more with the said gearbox or other faulty items you want to be fixed and will no longer take any responsibility for the box..." sort of says it all really - you publicly concede there are faulty items but will not take responsibility for the same...

Now, you dug up this issue and thereafter asked me for another chance to redeem yourself.

I gave it. 

That my T&Cs don't suit you is not an issue for me - it's not like my position is news to you (to not return the box) - you have known where I stand on this outcome for a long, long time and this makes your 'offer' so very facetious Peter. 

Meaning; you offered this remedy in an attempt to appear like you wished to reconcile the matter knowing full well it was never going to be taken up. 

The 'decision' therefore as you termed it was, in effect, yours all along.

____

This is where I should say - the end. 

But, here is one for you Peter:

1. You build a new box and send it to me at your cost - the whole lot needed for a complete replacement, for example the best gearbox you have ever built (using a four speed casing this time that has been cleaned, washed out of all the sandy residue, painted correctly with no over-spray on the bell housing or faces ie: just paint them apart this time and using gaskets as opposed to the grease you use in lieu of), all new internals including a 497 cluster, a clean bell housing, a cleaned and painted fork, new and correct bearing, a renewed, cleaned and painted shifter and selector rods (installed on the box to ensure correct operation), a new and correct clutch/pressure plate assembly, a new balanced fly wheel, a correct, a clean and intact clutch cable, new bolts, nuts and washers as needed (not sawn-off bolts closely proximate to the correct thread diameter and pitch per your previous efforts), and consumables (oil) in its original container this time.  The works Peter - like it should have been all along.

2. I'll have it installed by the business I nominated previously - you pay for that - up front - buggered if I should have to do this job a third time if you wish to make this right - I will get you a quote for removal and re-fit - time to put your hand in your pocket and actually wear some monetary cost for what you have done Peter.

3. The old box and associated bits be sent back to you at your cost.

4. You warrant the new box and the installation noting you don't wish to install it yourself.

This is what would make things right in my eyes - those of the customer who has endured your workmanship and fibs.

_____

A simple yes or no from you is all that is needed from here:

Yes  = I'll get the quote for removal/installation and send it to you - you build the box and assemble the associated parts - you send the whole shebang to the business I nominated - it all gets inspected - you pay the man - job gets done - old box and parts get packaged for their return to you - you arrange and pay for their collection and return freight.

No = The end.

Edited by Tyre biter, 25 January 2018 - 10:40 AM.

#46 Ozchuck

Ozchuck

Forum Participant

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
  • Name:Chuck
  • Car:Not enough !!

Posted 25 January 2018 - 02:11 PM

Geez, I was actually looking for an M21 spec 4 speed for an LJ and saw this guy's ads. On paper they sound really good. I have neither the time nor the patience for this sort of stuffing around though. And, they're not the cheapest boxes going round either. Whether this sort of thing is a 'one-off' or common thing with this workshop, I don't know. Seeing the last post of hints about the type of workmanship, I think I'll keep away.  

TB, I think you are a very patient and reasonable individual putting up with this issue for such a length of time. I know of others that would not have been as kind. Good luck in your quest for some sort of resolution. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users