LJ wiper motor removal

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 _72ljsl_

_72ljsl_
  • Guests

Posted 27 August 2012 - 08:43 PM

Hi all,
I need some help!! I'm new to the world of toranas, recently bought a lj 4 door, I have a replacement wiper motor to put in it but I can't work out how to access the back of it. The grill panel in front of the windscreen looks like it can't be removed. I have taken the heater box out and tried reaching around but there must be an easier way,,, please help

Mark

#2 S pack

S pack

Scrivet Counter

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,541 posts
  • Name:Dave
  • Car:73 LJ

Posted 27 August 2012 - 10:30 PM

Hi all,
I need some help!! I'm new to the world of toranas, recently bought a lj 4 door, I have a replacement wiper motor to put in it but I can't work out how to access the back of it. The grill panel in front of the windscreen looks like it can't be removed. I have taken the heater box out and tried reaching around but there must be an easier way,,, please help

Mark

No mate, unfortunately there is no easier way. The only access to the back of the wiper motor is through the heater vent opening in the centre of the firewall. 1st of all you need to remove the clip holding the wiper rods onto the pin. Then undo and remove the three bolts, washers and rubber seals from inside the plenum.
Make sure you take note of which wiper rod goes onto the pin first and lubricate the pin and rod pivots as you reassemble.

Cheers
Dave

#3 _BARRY JACKPOT_

_BARRY JACKPOT_
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2012 - 06:30 PM

Dave's explanation is correct, what he neglects to mention is what an arse of a job it is. Especially if you have big hands.

#4 _mikecatts_

_mikecatts_
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:25 PM

and that ratched spanners help heaps.. :)

#5 WhaleOilBeefHooked

WhaleOilBeefHooked

Lord Humungus The Ayatolla of Rock N Rolla.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,669 posts
  • Name:Andrew
  • Car:LJ GTR

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:40 PM

Also made easier by laying on the gaurd & remember to have your tongue protruding slightly to thu left... Agree with all above it's 1'r dose things that was designed by a retard.....

#6 _sunburst73-xu1_

_sunburst73-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2012 - 07:49 PM

I find it not that bad of job,its the heater box I struggle with.Them 2 nuts on the drivers side,I hate them. :banghead:

#7 _72ljsl_

_72ljsl_
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2012 - 08:25 PM

Thanks for the advice everyone, sounds like a fun job!! Will attempt it this weekend.....good excuse to invest in some ratchet spanners

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users